Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by philippe_44 View Post
    The groups breaks up as soon as you stop playing or the track ends. In this version, it does NOT break up when you *pause* the virtual player
    I see. How would I stop playing as an alternative to pausing? Pause is the only option in Orange Squeeze. I tried long pressing pause but that did not work.

Another thing I noticed was that when I started playing to the group when a Radio was in a paused state I had to wake the Radio by short pressing the power button before it started to play.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by philippe_44 View Post
    You're right, I mean the 'stop' happens when you clean the playlist (in other cases as well, but that's details). So I'm changing that now so that in pause, the group is broken up as well.
    Nice work. Version. 0.1.4 is much more user friendly. Groups break up on pause and reform on play. This is a very welcome addition to LMS.

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    Nice work. Version. 0.1.4 is much more user friendly. Groups break up on pause and reform on play. This is a very welcome addition to LMS.

Yup Agreed, nice work !

Reloaded LMS from scratch and carefully applied the plugins I use, all working well
    Players: SliMP3,Squeezebox3 x3,Receiver,SqueezeLiteX,PiCorePlayer x3,Wandboard
    Server: LMS Version: Latest Nightly on Centos 7 VM on ESXi 6.5.0U1 on Dell T320
    Plugins: AutoRescan/BBCiPlayer/PowerSave/PowerSwitchIII/Squeezecloud/Spotty/Player Groups
    Remotes: iPeng9/Orangesqueeze/PC/Jivelite/SqueezeLiteX
    Music: 522GB,1660 albums with 23087 songs by 5204 artists mostly FLACs

Want a webapp ? See http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...Webapp-for-LMS

I see. How would I stop playing as an alternative to pausing? Pause is the only option in Orange Squeeze. I tried long pressing pause but that did not work.

Another thing I noticed was that when I started playing to the group when a Radio was in a paused state I had to wake the Radio by short pressing the power button before it started to play.

Thanks - Since I've started to create plugins for LMS, I'm amazed by how flexible it is compared to any other platform. I think it was a very well designed solution which would have deserved a much broader adoption.
    LMS 7.7, 7.8 and 7.9 - 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet, 1xTouch, 1 SB2. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, JBL OnBeat, XBoxOne, XBMC, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, JRiver 21, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, , Pi B3, B2, Pi B+, 2xPi A+, Odroid-C1, Odroid-C2, Cubie2, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5

How are you creating the Virtual Player MAC address. Does this remain constant, even when off and the group is disassembled.

Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    How are you creating the Virtual Player MAC address. Does this remain constant, even when off and the group is disassembled.
    Yes, it's a random number when creating the player then it will never change until user delete the Virtual Player. So it's a reliable information that the whol system can use. I've run some test with iPeng and things seems to be fine so far. I need to verify some of the behavior when a member is powered off then on in iPeng while playing, it seems that it was taking over the mastership of the group, which is problematic, bu I need to confirm
    LMS 7.7, 7.8 and 7.9 - 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet, 1xTouch, 1 SB2. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, JBL OnBeat, XBoxOne, XBMC, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, JRiver 21, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, , Pi B3, B2, Pi B+, 2xPi A+, Odroid-C1, Odroid-C2, Cubie2, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5

It does seem take over the group. Powering a member off then on works okay, but playing a different track on the member player, changes the whole group.

I've upload version 0.1.9 which contains an important fix of a problem where playback could be shutering or not start at all on high bitrate formats

ANNOUNCE: Player Groups (alpha version)

Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    It does seem take over the group. Powering a member off then on works okay, but playing a different track on the member player, changes the whole group.
    I'll test again but normally, when you play a new track on a member, only that member should be affected.

[edit]: it might not work if you have another plugin that is replacing Slim::Player::Source or Slim::Player::Playlist. Unfortunately, due to an issue I discover today, the replacement of Slim::Player::Source is mandatory now. But with that constraint in mind, I re-tested and can confirm that only one group member changes track, the rest continues whatever it was playing
    Last edited by philippe_44; 2017-12-23 at 01:39.

One very cool feature, IMHO, I've realized with Groups is that I have a very large group (I know Michael, I have too many players ) so previously when I tried to play to all these synded together, my WiFi network would simply not keep up for large bitrate files (or spotify, seems that ogg is converted to PCM as not all players support vorbis).

I could set bitrate of one of the members, but then this limit would apply all the time, even when it plays alone, which is not what I want. Now, because a group/virtual player is seen by LMS as a real player, I can set bitrate limit for the virtual player only and LMS will apply such limit only when playing to that group - I can now stream to a very large group if I accept to transcode to lower quality (like 128-256k) and that makes sense at it is really a consequence of the size of group.

Happy
    Last edited by philippe_44; 2017-12-23 at 16:39.