Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

PiCorePlayer extension descriptions

Hi,

Loving picoreplayer so thanks to the developers Paul, Steen, Ralphy and Greg. I'm using this as a way to stream audio wirelessly to some powered desktop speakers + subwoofer. It seems clean and reliable unlike other similar applications I've tried briefly.

I would like to know if there is anywhere that describes the purpose of each extension? There's a long list available and it's tempting to experiment but it would save me a lot of time knowing what they did.

I've also noticed a recent ad-hoc network extension has been created. This is a function I'd been hoping would be possible for a while. Particularly useful if I was to build my own set of powered, portable speakers. Thing is I wouldn't have known this was available had I not encountered the thread about it within this forum. Basically, I need to imagine the concept first before searching for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bitlogger View Post
    Hi,

Loving picoreplayer so thanks to the developers Paul, Steen, Ralphy and Greg. I'm using this as a way to stream audio wirelessly to some powered desktop speakers + subwoofer. It seems clean and reliable unlike other similar applications I've tried briefly.

I would like to know if there is anywhere that describes the purpose of each extension? There's a long list available and it's tempting to experiment but it would save me a lot of time knowing what they did.

I've also noticed a recent ad-hoc network extension has been created. This is a function I'd been hoping would be possible for a while. Particularly useful if I was to build my own set of powered, portable speakers. Thing is I wouldn't have known this was available had I not encountered the thread about it within this forum. Basically, I need to imagine the concept first before searching for it.
    All you need to do most of the time is google the name of the extension without the ".tcz" IE

rsync.tcz http://bfy.tw/1gSU

openvpn.tcz http://bfy.tw/5WPj
    Players: SliMP3,Squeezebox3 x3,Receiver,SqueezeLiteX,PiCorePlayer x3,Wandboard
    Server: LMS Version: Latest Nightly on Centos 7 VM on ESXi 6.5.0U1 on Dell T320
    Plugins: AutoRescan/BBCiPlayer/PowerSave/PowerSwitchIII/Squeezecloud/Spotty/Player Groups
    Remotes: iPeng9/Orangesqueeze/PC/Jivelite/SqueezeLiteX
    Music: 522GB,1660 albums with 23087 songs by 5204 artists mostly FLACs

Want a webapp ? See http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...Webapp-for-LMS

Quote Originally Posted by Bitlogger View Post
    Hi,

Hi Bitlogger,

It's great you are having a bit for fun!

On the [Extensions] page there are [Info] buttons that give some basic extension information. It varies from extension to extension and depending on the extension type, there is usually a one-liner description and a URL to the authors source. If memory serves me right we recently added missing auxiliary files to some of the piCorePlayer extensions, I am not sure is there are available in the current release or the next one.

If you are using ssh you can use the following command to search through the extensions. I haven't tried this with the piCorePlayer repository but it definitely works for the official piCore extension repository.

Code:
    $ tce-ab

Formerly tce and ab.

Application browser.

tce-ab - Tiny Core Extension: Application Browser

S)earch P)rovides K)eywords or Q)uit:

s
    Enter starting chars of desired extension, e.g. abi:

p
    Enter search term, e.g. iwconfig:

k
    Enter search term(s), e.g. browser: