Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Can I change to the Duet remotes screensaver clock?

I would love to have some more contrast on the Duet remotes screensaver clock. For an old guy it is hard to see from 2-3m distance, and even worse if I see it a bit from the side.

Have someone written an alternative screensaver with an easier to see clock?

If so, I could do with some really basic instructions on how to make it work.

Thanks for your time, so far

Stein Arne

Look at the CustomClock applet (installs on Controller). The are some clock screensavers to choose. You can add the CustomClockHelper plugin to LMS which lets you modify or create CustomClock screens.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by tcutting View Post
    Look at the CustomClock applet (installs on Controller). The are some clock screensavers to choose. You can add the CustomClockHelper plugin to LMS which lets you modify or create CustomClock screens.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Thanks for your reply and sorry for getting back to you before.
    I have never installed anything on the controller. Do you know a "user guide" somewhere on how to do it?

Stein Arne

Quote Originally Posted by SyrinxGC View Post
    Thanks for your reply and sorry for getting back to you before.
    I have never installed anything on the controller. Do you know a "user guide" somewhere on how to do it?

Stein Arne
    First off, have you tried the "standard" screensaver clocks?
    You can change these settings by going to (from "HOME") Settings/Screen/Screensavers and select the "When Playing" and/or "When Stopped" screensavers, and try the options that are available.
    If you still want to try CustomClock, you would navigate to Settings/Advanced/Applet Installer. This is where you can install additional applets to run on the controller. If CustomClock is not listed as an option, then you may need to change the "Recommended Applets Only" setting (this should be off in order to see 3rd party applets).
    If you install CustomClock, the screensaver to be used for, for example, "When Stopped" requires two steps... first go the Settings/Screen/Screensavers/Custom Clock Settings (should be available if CustomClock applet has been installed and is running). From here you can select the CustomClock screen to use for an available CustomClock configuration. For example, select Config #1, and you should get a list of available CustomClock screensavers to choose from. Pick one.
    Go back to Settings/Screen/Screensavers/When Stopped... you should be able to find the CustomClock #1: with the name of the CustomClock screensaver you previously put into that configuration.
    Now, when the controlled player stops (after a few seconds) you should see your selected screen.

Hope that helps!

If you like CustomClock, but find none of the available styles is "not quite" what you want, you could install the CustomClockHelper onto LMS (it's a plugin) and you could actually modify an existing screen style, or create your own. It can be a bit of work, but it allows a lot of customization. The CustomClock also allows much more information to be shown than just clocks...

Good Luck!

Quote Originally Posted by tcutting View Post
    First off, have you tried the "standard" screensaver clocks?
    You can change these settings by going to (from "HOME") Settings/Screen/Screensavers and select the "When Playing" and/or "When Stopped" screensavers, and try the options that are available.
    If you still want to try CustomClock, you would navigate to Settings/Advanced/Applet Installer. This is where you can install additional applets to run on the controller. If CustomClock is not listed as an option, then you may need to change the "Recommended Applets Only" setting (this should be off in order to see 3rd party applets).
    If you install CustomClock, the screensaver to be used for, for example, "When Stopped" requires two steps... first go the Settings/Screen/Screensavers/Custom Clock Settings (should be available if CustomClock applet has been installed and is running). From here you can select the CustomClock screen to use for an available CustomClock configuration. For example, select Config #1, and you should get a list of available CustomClock screensavers to choose from. Pick one.
    Go back to Settings/Screen/Screensavers/When Stopped... you should be able to find the CustomClock #1: with the name of the CustomClock screensaver you previously put into that configuration.
    Now, when the controlled player stops (after a few seconds) you should see your selected screen.

Hope that helps!

If you like CustomClock, but find none of the available styles is "not quite" what you want, you could install the CustomClockHelper onto LMS (it's a plugin) and you could actually modify an existing screen style, or create your own. It can be a bit of work, but it allows a lot of customization. The CustomClock also allows much more information to be shown than just clocks...

Good Luck!
    Thanks a lot tcutting. You made my day. I haven't had a look at this menu the last 2-3 years and had forgotten all about it. The standard Screensaver is OK when I can have a black background since the contrast is so much better then. I also discovered I could change the clock from American AM/PM to 24 hours - which is what I am usd to.
    You made my day!

A big thank you from Norway
    Stein Arne