Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks again...

Playback of a 24/192 .flac file didn't work. Same Error message as I received with .wav before changing the settings of flac/sox to "disable".

I also did follow your advice and changed some of the settings concerning the Serverlog (hoping that I changed the right ones...), see attachment. Maybe that dies bring some light into the problem?

Kind regards,
    Marcel

P.S.: Though I'd like to get the "problem" solved I'm happy to be able to listen to my .wav-files at all by now.
    Attached Files Attached Files

FRom your log
    Code:
    [17-12-12 19:15:07.4223] Slim::Player::Song::open (408) Transcoder: streamMode=F, streamformat=flc
    [17-12-12 19:15:07.4238] Slim::Player::TranscodingHelper::tokenizeConvertCommand2 (617) Using command for conversion: "/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer/SlimServer/Bin/x86_64-linux/flac" -dcs -- "/share/Audio/Alben/AC DC/2L-106_stereo_PCM-192k_MAGNIFICAT_04.flac" | "/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer/SlimServer/Bin/x86_64-linux/sox" -q -t wav - -t flac -C 0 -r 96000 - & |
    check that the installed version of flac and sox can actually run on your system. LMS has found the executables but it is possible a supporting library is missing etc and so executable fails to run.

The exectuables to be tested as below - if the executable is run without any parameters, it should give some help info.
    /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer/SlimServer/Bin/x86_64-linux/flac
    /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer/SlimServer/Bin/x86_64-linux/sox

Hi bpa,

many thanks for your input, but frankly said I don't get at all what you want me to advice to or what you want me to do.

Maybe it's due to my lacking of english, maybe it's because I am not at all familiar with programming/codes/etc.

In case I am to change something beyond the GUI of LMS I'm in need of a really precise step-by-step tutorial...

Kind regards,
    Marcel

To do transcoding LMS uses two executables "flac" and "sox". These worked on your previous installation but they may have been updated as part of the new LMS. IT is possibel the updated version do not run on your system due to some library incompatibility.

So you need.to check that the sox and flax on your can actually run properly.

To test you need a shell prompt where you can execuate command such as "ls" and "cd". I don't know anything about QNAP but user are able to use shell prompt btu I cannot give you a tutorial.

The "sox" and "flac to be tested are in the directory "/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer/SlimServer/Bin/x86_64-linux" so you need to type the following commands at the shell prompt - each commands ends with a "return key" press

cd /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer/SlimServer/Bin/x86_64-linux
    ./flac
    ./sox

After the "./flac" command is entered, if it is working OK you should get output starting with
    Code:
    ===============================================================================
    flac - Command-line FLAC encoder/decoder version 1.2.1
    Copyright (C) 2000,2001,2002,2003,2004,2005,2006,2007  Josh Coalson

Patched for SqueezeCenter
       http://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=10886
       http://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=11223
    Similarly after the "./sox" command is entered, if it is working OK you should get output starting with
    Code:
    ./sox: SoX v14.3.1

./sox FAIL sox: Not enough input filenames specified

Usage summary: [gopts] [[fopts] infile]... [fopts] outfile [effect [effopt]]...

SPECIAL FILENAMES (infile, outfile):
    -                        Pipe/redirect input/output (stdin/stdout); may need -t
    -d, --default-device     Use the default audio device (where available)
    -n, --null               Use the `null' file handler; e.g. with synth effect
    -p, --sox-pipe           Alias for `-t sox -'

SPECIAL FILENAMES (infile only):
    "|program [options] ..." Pipe input from external program (where supported)
    http://server/file       Use the given URL as input file (where supported)

Hi bpa,

many thanks, I'll give it a try. As I'm actually on the road I guess it will take up to the weekend until I'll have chance to get back on this topic.

Kind regards,
    Marcel

Hi bpa,

here comes what the NAS replies (unsing putty):

1.: cd /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer/SlimServer/Bin/x86_64-linux
    ./flac:
    Code:
    flac - Command-line FLAC encoder/decoder version 1.2.1
    Copyright (C) 2000,2001,2002,2003,2004,2005,2006,2007  Josh Coalson

Patched for SqueezeCenter
       http://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=10886
       http://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=11223

This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or
    modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License
    as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2
    of the License, or (at your option) any later version.

This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
    but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
    MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  See the
    GNU General Public License for more details.

You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License
    along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software
    Foundation, Inc., 59 Temple Place - Suite 330, Boston, MA  02111-1307, USA.

This is the short help; for all options use 'flac --help'; for even more
    instructions use 'flac --explain'

To encode:
      flac [-#] [INPUTFILE [...]]

-# is -0 (fastest compression) to -8 (highest compression); -5 is the default

To decode:
      flac -d [INPUTFILE [...]]

To test:
      flac -t [INPUTFILE [...]]
    [/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer/SlimServer/Bin/x86_64-linux] #
    2.: cd /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer/SlimServer/Bin/x86_64-linux
    ./sox
    Code:
    ./sox: error while loading shared libraries: libgomp.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    <LogitechMediaServer/SlimServer/Bin/x86_64-linux] #
    Seems there's some prob with .sox / libraries. Can you please help me to fix this?

Kind regards,
    Marcel

Quote Originally Posted by Spacehead View Post
    Seems there's some prob with .sox / libraries. Can you please help me to fix this?
    I suggest extract the sox which worked with the previous version (7.7.2 ?) and replace the current broken version.

edit:

an alternative would be to ask whoever make the QNAP install pack to rebuild sox with libgomp included.
    Last edited by bpa; 2017-12-16 at 10:06.

Hello, I hope you don't mind if I chip in. I may have a similar problem, but here it's HD FLACs. Playing an HD FLAC with iPeng or with the SB Touch works normally. When trying to play with my SB Receiver, I get this:

Code:
    0006: sh: /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/Bin/i386-linux/sox: No such file or directory
    0005: sh: /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/Bin/i386-linux/flac: No such file or directory
    0004: sh: /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/Bin/i386-linux/sox: No such file or directory
    0003: sh: /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/Bin/i386-linux/flac: No such file or directory
    0002: sh: /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/Bin/i386-linux/sox: No such file or directory
    0001: sh: /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/Bin/i386-linux/flac: No such file or directory
    I don't know if this is a new problem or if it was always like this, I only have a few HD FLACs and this problem only occurs with SB Receiver.

My configuration is the nearly identical as Spacehead's: LMS 7.9.1 on QNAP TS-469L, QTS 4.3.3.0404

Any help would be appreciated.

Did you upgrade your LMS via SSOTS or did you install the new App of digimaster?
    I ask because the path to sox is different.

Quote Originally Posted by karlek View Post
    Did you upgrade your LMS via SSOTS or did you install the new App of digimaster?
    I ask because the path to sox is different.
    Hello karlek, I used SSOTS to upgrade LSM.