Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Quote Originally Posted by enpontus View Post
    i tried to get bridged AP mode working on my rpi3/pcp v6.0 with no success, i do not get an IP adress. In non-bridged mode it seems to work just fine.

Right now it would be very convenient for me to have the bridge but if there is no possibility to get that working i am stuck...
    ...anyone else had luck with this ?

brg Pontus
    I also wanted bridged AP mode and failed to get it work on pCP6.1.0 Standard Version.
    I've gave up and move on to try the realtime kernel, wanted to see some audio quality improvement.
    guess what, bridged AP mode worked on this version!
    I did some test back and forth, bridged AP mode worked, but static IP setting for br0 won't work.
    it will remove br0 after reboot, and AP mode will fallback to router mode.

AP Mode - Normal Connection

Sorry to use this thread for my question, but I think it fits to the discussion here:

I have a standalone Picoreplayer system with RasPi Zero W, set up as wireless access point. It has a HDD connected and 7 inch touch display with Jivelite. Everything is running fine, but connections and SD card of the system are not really accessible :-(.

Nevertheless, as there have been some LMS updates since then and I would like to use the new versions, I would like to access the internet once to do all the updates via the 4G connection of my smartphone (smartphone set as AP), and then switch back to access point mode.

So I wondered whether there is a headless way to switch from AP mode to "normal" Wifi mode and back to AP mode. Any hints? Using ssh would not be a problem, just the missing Ethernet connection is a problem.

Or would it be possible to set it up such that it searches for the Wifi network to access during boot, and if that is not found, it sets up itself as its own wireless access point?

If you can plug into the ethernet port, then it will route traffic appropriately. Otherwise you will have to use the web interface to switch everything, then put it back when done.
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    If you can plug into the ethernet port, then it will route traffic appropriately. Otherwise you will have to use the web interface to switch everything, then put it back when done.
    Ethernet: Rather difficult to realize, because Pi Zero W is not physically accessible (or, let's say, it's difficult).

Don't I loose the access to the web interface during switch over before everything is done and credentials are put in? E.g. in order to come from normal WiFi to AP mode, one has first to switch off WiFi...

Yes that is tricky indeed, for as infrequent as you need to update like that. I never intended that all to be done on a zero W. Not even sure how you set it up from the beginning.
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

Yes that is tricky indeed, for as infrequent as you need to update like that. I never intended that all to be done on a zero W. Not even sure how you set it up from the beginning.
    I don't critize that. PiCorePlayer is awesome!! And I don't remember either how I set it up. Maybe I had used ethernet.... but where it is now, I don't have a router, I just have a laptop and smartphone with me. Yes, there are places on earth where there is no Wifi .

If I had access to connect the ethernet, would it work to connect the Win10 laptop to the smartphone AP, and then connect RasPi and laptop via LAN cable?
    Last edited by schup011; 2020-07-21 at 14:27.

Is the OP sure they have a RasPi Zero W ?

I have a standalone Picoreplayer system with RasPi Zero W, set up as wireless access point. It has a HDD connected and 7 inch touch display with Jivelite. Everything is running fine, but connections and SD card of the system are not really accessible :-(.
    If I had access to connect the ethernet, would it work to connect the Win10 laptop to the smartphone AP, and then connect RasPi and laptop via LAN cable?
    The RasPi Zero W has neither the DSI connector for the RPi Touchscreen nor an Ethernet connector.

I realise these could be USB ethernet and a non DSI screen but just flagging it.

Jeff

Want a webapp ? Get SqueezeLite-X ! https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...l=1#post903953

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff07971 View Post
    Is the OP sure they have a RasPi Zero W ?

The RasPi Zero W has neither the DSI connector for the RPi Touchscreen nor an Ethernet connector.

I realise these could be USB ethernet and a non DSI screen but just flagging it.

Jeff
    Yes, I am sure to have a Pi Zero W. I think I connected a USB hub with Ethernet and plugged into my router. And as a display, I used the Waveshare 7 inch display connected through HDMI and touch via USB. This display I like definitely more than the "official" one, it has much nicer colors and brightness, touch works without a problem. Everything encapsulated into a nice home-made wooden housing.... anyway, the upgrade path was something I did not think about enough.
    Last edited by schup011; 2020-07-22 at 04:04.