Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Erskine View Post
    If piCorePlayer finds wpa_supplicant.conf on the boot partition it will turn Wifi on, create a new /usr/local/etc/pcp/wpa_supplicant.conf and delete wpa_supplicant.conf from the boot partition. If you happen to be editing wpa_supplicant.conf.sample on the boot partition it won't have any effect.

Be cautious as the use case of having AP Mode "On" then putting a new wpa_supplicant.conf on the boot partition hasn't been thought of (at least by me). The results will be interesting.
    In fact, of course, I created a new wpa_supplicant.conf. I just took the risk and thought: either it would stick to the AP mode or it would take the Wifi settings from wpa_supplicant.conf.

And so it did. The "interesting" result : I found that wpa_supplicant.conf is ignored at reboot if the AP mode is still turned on. I first had to turn the AP mode off via the web interface, then my new wpa_supplicant.conf was recognized at the next reboot and used for finding network.

So that is what I wanted to report in case anybody else wants to revert AP mode without using Ethernet: It works by using wpa_supplicant.conf.
    Last edited by schup011; 2020-08-26 at 07:38.