Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

12v Trigger to turn On or Off an amplifier.

Hello,

I have a computer with LMS installed, and some platines connected to make a multiroom environment. I would like to know if it's possible for LMS to detect that a platine is playing something and automatically trigger the corresponding amplifier (12v trigger input).

Maybe a plugin that coold make use of a headphone (or selectable computer output?), or maybe of a USB digital I/O hardware ??

That would be a great feature associated with a 12V relay circuit.

Thank you for your help or suggestion.

mathojojo

Quote Originally Posted by mathojojo View Post
    Hello,

I have a computer with LMS installed, and some platines connected to make a multiroom environment. I would like to know if it's possible for LMS to detect that a platine is playing something and automatically trigger the corresponding amplifier (12v trigger input).

Maybe a plugin that coold make use of a headphone (or selectable computer output?), or maybe of a USB digital I/O hardware ??

mathojojo
    +1
    Very interested as I am still thinking on buying an all-in-one solution (Odroid C2 + Soekris DAC + Hypex Ncore).
    I don't know if any GPIO pins already put on voltage depending on wether it is in use one way or the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Videopac View Post
    +1
    Very interested as I am still thinking on buying an all-in-one solution (Odroid C2 + Soekris DAC + Hypex Ncore).
    I don't know if any GPIO pins already put on voltage depending on wether it is in use one way or the other.
    In squeezelite there's an option to switch a gpio port to high or low.

ô-G <Rpi GPIO#>:<H/L> Specify the BCM GPIO# to use for Amp Power Relay and if the output should be Active High or Lowô

Perhaps this solves your problem?

Or, leave them on!

Transcoded from Matt's brain by Tapatalk
    --
    Hardware: 3x Touch, 1x Radio, 2x Receivers, 1 HP Microserver NAS with Debian+LMS 7.9.0
    Music: ~1300 CDs, as 450 GB of 16/44k FLACs. No less than 3x 24/44k albums..

Quote Originally Posted by mathojojo View Post
    Hello,

mathojojo
    Platines ? This appears to mean Turntable is it supposed to mean players ? if so which players ?
    Players: SliMP3,Squeezebox3 x3,Receiver,SqueezeLiteX,PiCorePlayer x3,Wandboard
    Server: LMS Version: Latest Nightly on Centos 7 VM on ESXi 6.5.0U1 on Dell T320
    Plugins: AutoRescan/BBCiPlayer/PowerSave/PowerSwitchIII/Squeezecloud/Spotty/Player Groups
    Remotes: iPeng9/Orangesqueeze/PC/Jivelite/SqueezeLiteX
    Music: 522GB,1660 albums with 23087 songs by 5204 artists mostly FLACs

Want a webapp ? See http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...Webapp-for-LMS