Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Logitech Media Server 7.7.5 for Mac has stopped running and won't start

I have Media Server 7.7.5 serving my Squeezebox Touch on Mac OS El Capitan (10.11.6). Recently I tried to upgrade to High-Sierra on my Mac Mini. Even though Apple contends that my Mac is compatible with 10.13, I was unsuccessful at upgrading after two separate tries. That required me to restore El Capitan from Time Machine. That was successful and I am up and running again except that now, the Logitech media server (which has run for years under El Capitan and previous systems) now won't start. I hit the start button, and it says "Server starting up" and then it goes to "Server Stopped". I can't imagine why, having been completely restored from a backup, that the server won't start anymore where it used to run perfectly. Can anybody help?

Quote Originally Posted by gmgraves2 View Post
    I have Media Server 7.7.5 serving my Squeezebox Touch on Mac OS El Capitan (10.11.6).
    Hi,

always run a lms versions that is build later than your OS.
    7.9.1 is stable enough.

Quote Originally Posted by gmgraves2 View Post
    I have Media Server 7.7.5 serving my Squeezebox Touch on Mac OS El Capitan (10.11.6). Recently I tried to upgrade to High-Sierra on my Mac Mini. Even though Apple contends that my Mac is compatible with 10.13, I was unsuccessful at upgrading after two separate tries. That required me to restore El Capitan from Time Machine. That was successful and I am up and running again except that now, the Logitech media server (which has run for years under El Capitan and previous systems) now won't start. I hit the start button, and it says "Server starting up" and then it goes to "Server Stopped". I can't imagine why, having been completely restored from a backup, that the server won't start anymore where it used to run perfectly. Can anybody help?
    That's likely a well known issue with permissions on the mac. Under certain circumstances macOS would change them on some folders required by LMS. You could try to run my FixLMSPermissions script. If that fails to fix LMS, please let me know.
    Michael

http://www.herger.net/slim-plugins - Spotty, MusicArtistInfo