Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 72 of 74 FirstFirst ... 22627071727374 LastLast
    P.S. looking at a "QNAP HS-453DX-4G Silent NAS" (64-bit with Intel Celeron J4105 quad-core 1.5 GHz processor that supposedly bursts up to 2.5 GHz), as it will be going in my hi-fi rack and a retailer here currently has these discounted on clearance.
    Hi-Fi 1: QNAP HS-453DX NAS+QLMS/Allo USBridge Signature+Shanti LPS/Cirrus ESS Sabre 32-bit Reference DAC (Oppo 105D)/Yamaha Aventage CX-A5000/Focal SM9s.
    Hi-Fi 2: Sqbox Touch+Shanti LPS/Focal XS Books.
    Hi-Fi 3: PC+Squeezelite-X+Material Skin/Focal XS Books.
    Head-Fi: Plantronics BB Pro 2 LE Headphones.
    Accessories: iPeng (iPhones/iPad Minis); Tchernov Classic & Van den Hul ICs; Thor PS10 Power Station; Blue Jeans & Ruleconnect Cables (Power, HDMI, USB & Coaxial); Aurios & Vibrapods.

@digimaster will QLogitechMediaServer support SqueezeLite playback via the internal NAS USBs (presume certain NAS models may not support his hardware wise but as per previous message I am specifically looking at the QNAP HS-453DX-4G designed for media centre use)?

Keen to get QLogitechMediaServer operating for my hi-fi set-up.
    Hi-Fi 1: QNAP HS-453DX NAS+QLMS/Allo USBridge Signature+Shanti LPS/Cirrus ESS Sabre 32-bit Reference DAC (Oppo 105D)/Yamaha Aventage CX-A5000/Focal SM9s.
    Accessories: iPeng (iPhones/iPad Minis); Tchernov Classic & Van den Hul ICs; Thor PS10 Power Station; Blue Jeans & Ruleconnect Cables (Power, HDMI, USB & Coaxial); Aurios & Vibrapods.

Quote Originally Posted by Mycenius View Post
    @digimaster will QLogitechMediaServer support SqueezeLite playback via the internal NAS USBs (presume certain NAS models may not support his hardware wise but as per previous message I am specifically looking at the QNAP HS-453DX-4G designed for media centre use)?

That's something I can not tell you. It something inside LMS. I only supply the script and file-system where it's running on. If it's needs extra libraries /programs to give supported to features/plugins, can be added if I know what's needed. So you better ask this on the developers of LMS.

Send from my mobile Phone

maintainer of QLogitechMediaServer, QOptware-NG and QAutoSub.

Qnap TS-453a, with LogitechMediaSever 8.0.0 Nightly ( with spotty, youtube, Radio Paradise a.m. )
    Several raspberry with hifiberry amp+ and picoreplayer.
    Love logitechmediaserver for it flexibel way, to play music from different sources.

Thanks for the DONATIONS

Quote Originally Posted by digimaster View Post
    That's something I can not tell you. It something inside LMS. I only supply the script and file-system where it's running on. If it's needs extra libraries /programs to give supported to features/plugins, can be added if I know what's needed. So you better ask this on the developers of LMS.
    Thanks for prompt reply @digimaster - Understand - and its great you have developed this app for the QNAP NAS's. I am planning on needing an external player (like Sonore/SOtM or RPi as I posted in Hardware SqueezeLite Player Suggestions (USB, Native DSD)) so I will get the NAS purchased and configured with your QLogitechMediaServer and then do some tests - if it works great, if not no problem I'll continue down the separate (SqueezeLite) USB hardware player route.

Appreciate the prompt response!
    Last edited by Mycenius; 2019-11-19 at 00:04. Reason: typos

Qnap hd-453 & lsm

Quote Originally Posted by Mycenius View Post

Hello,

Finally, has somebody tried to install a LMS server on a HS-251 or a HS-453DX model ?
    I am using today a TS-131 but this NAS is becoming too short with long time response on LMS request. So, I would need have the last fanless model with SSD and quad core CPU to speed up response time of the Qnap, but regarding all manipulation I had done few years ago to install on a TS-131, I'd just expect it is easier today to install a media server type LMS on a Qnap ...

Thanks
    Squeezebox Touch with Audiophilleo And LMS 7.8.0, Nas Qnap TS-131 with LMS 7.9

Quote Originally Posted by r11bordo View Post
    ...Finally, has somebody tried to install a LMS server on a HS-251 or a HS-453DX model ?
    I have my HS-453DX installed and QLMS up and running fine! Very happy so far. I have only done some very simple playback tests so far (using a squeezebox touch) and no issues (been away on holiday so no time for more).

I have an Allo USBridge Signature & Shanti LPS in transit and due very soon that will be my primary player for my new HS-453DX in my main hi-fi setup (both to replace my current Vortexbox).

I have not tried (as yet) to do playback direct from the HS-453DX via USB to my DAC (Oppo BDP-105D). But expect even if that works likely noisy and not as good as via the Allo USBridge Signature (or the SOtM USB card output I currently have installed in my existing Vortexbox LMS server that the HS-453DX will replace)...

Primary Hi-Fi: VortexBox LMS with SOtM tX-USB; Cirrus ESS Sabre32 DAC (Oppo BDP-105D),Yamaha Aventage CX-A5000; Focal SM9 monitors.
Secondary Hi-Fi: Squeezebox Touch with Focal XS Book powered speakers.
Hi-Fi Peripherals: iPad & iPhones with iPeng, Plantronics Backbeat Pro 2 LE Headphones.

P.S. have not tried any native DSD playback from HS-453DX as yet, but am not expecting any issues as data will be transported over a 100Mbs/1Gbs local (i.e. same rack) Ethernet LAN with little other traffic on it. It will solely be down to the external player’s capability.
    Last edited by Mycenius; 2020-02-02 at 00:23.

unable to display UNICODE on my transporter

Thanks, @digimaster for creating this simple package for QNAP users. I am a new QNAP user, switched from synology. There has never been an issue with synology NAS running LMS. It has not been easy with QNAP, which is odd. This package fills that gap. However, I have been unable to display unicode on my transporter. The LMS runs on a TVS-471-i3 with 16GB of RAM. I had no such problem with LMS running on a Synology NAS.

Here is the thread where users reported exactly the problem and solution;

https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...-LMS-7-9/page2

I can not by myself to solve this, as it is too techinical. Would you be able to release a fixed version?

Basically the problem is the Transport displays Pinyin, an English translation of Chinese character. It is scrambled codes.

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tigs View Post
    Thanks, @digimaster for creating this simple package for QNAP users. I am a new QNAP user, switched from synology. There has never been an issue with synology NAS running LMS. It has not been easy with QNAP, which is odd. This package fills that gap. However, I have been unable to display unicode on my transporter. The LMS runs on a TVS-471-i3 with 16GB of RAM. I had no such problem with LMS running on a Synology NAS.

Here is the thread where users reported exactly the problem and solution;

https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...-LMS-7-9/page2

I can not by myself to solve this, as it is too techinical. Would you be able to release a fixed version?

Basically the problem is the Transport displays Pinyin, an English translation of Chinese character. It is scrambled codes.

thanks
    You could try to solve it with the UTF= option in the QLMS.conf file.

Send from my mobile Phone

maintainer of QLogitechMediaServer, QOptware-NG and QAutoSub.

Qnap TS-453a, with LogitechMediaSever 8.0.0 Nightly ( with spotty, youtube, Radio Paradise a.m. )
    Several raspberry with hifiberry amp+ and picoreplayer.
    Love logitechmediaserver for it flexibel way, to play music from different sources.

Thanks for the DONATIONS

You guys are f___n AWESOME! How to donate??

[/b][/QUOTE]
    For those who send me a donations, thank you, gives me a feeling that all the work is appreciated.
    [/b][/QUOTE]

How do we donate??