Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 65 of 74 FirstFirst ... 15556364656667 ... LastLast
    As QLogitechMediaServer is running in chroot, the layout could feel strange. But should be simular to the normal layout. When running go to the LogitehMediaServer directory by ssh shell. Then browse to .config/LMSROOT/share, and check the several directories there where you're music can be found. And be sure that the rights on the files are proper set. If you use ACL, also actieved the ACL plugin.

Quote Originally Posted by frankef View Post
    Thanks very much. That version installed fine! But, I can't get LMS to set the media library to my shared folder on the NAS. This likely has nothing to do with QLMS, so you may want to point me to a different thread. Anyway, here are the specifics:

TS-212 is running QTS4.3.3.0628.
    I have a shared folder on the NAS with all my media in subfolders. R/W permissions are granted to all.
    File Station shows the whole media structure. Windows File Manager can also access the files, through a network share drive M:
    The 'select a folder' box in LMS settings includes the names of my folders shared from the NAS, including Multimedia, but no sub-folders.

Any help would be appreciated, as I am out of my depth.

Frank
    Send from my mobile Phone
    Last edited by digimaster; 2018-12-27 at 04:15.

maintainer of QLogitechMediaServer, QOptware-NG and QAutoSub.

Qnap TS-453a, with LogitechMediaSever 8.0.0 Nightly ( with spotty, youtube, Radio Paradise a.m. )
    Several raspberry with hifiberry amp+ and picoreplayer.
    Love logitechmediaserver for it flexibel way, to play music from different sources.

Thanks for the DONATIONS

Quote Originally Posted by digimaster View Post
    As QLogitechMediaServer is running in chroot, the layout could feel strange. But should be simular to the normal layout. When running go to the LogitehMediaServer directory by ssh shell. Then browse to .config/LMSROOT/share, and check the several directories there where you're music can be found. And be sure that the rights on the files are proper set. If you use ACL, also actieved the ACL plugin.
    Thanks, digimaster! Your hints above did the trick, and I learned a bit about linux permissions and ssh. Happy New Year!

--frank

Nice to read it work. Especially that you use a arm5te, as that one of the last archs which I added. So that's also out off beta.
    Thanks, digimaster! Your hints above did the trick, and I learned a bit about linux permissions and ssh. Happy New Year!

--frank

Qnap TS-453a, with LogitechMediaSever 8.0.0 Nightly ( with spotty, youtube, Radio Paradise a.m. )
    Love logitechmediaserver for it flexibel way, to play music from different sources.

Thanks for the DONATIONS

One thing I'm curious about, do you also uses spotty?

--frank

Thanks for the DONATIONS

no connection to Qnap LMS

My SQB was working all right with version9.1. Today installed on my QNAP (439 ProII, QTS 4.2.6) the recent version. Installation seems OK but can not open the LMS anymore.
    In Firefox I can not connect anymore to :9001 (:9000 is OK for my Twonky server).
    If anybody can give me a hint? Or I have to reiinstall 9.1? I hope that is still possible.

Regards,
    Bob

What do you mean with version 9?
    Quote Originally Posted by BobW View Post
    My SQB was working all right with version9.1. Today installed on my QNAP (439 ProII, QTS 4.2.6) the recent version. Installation seems OK but can not open the LMS anymore.
    In Firefox I can not connect anymore to :9001 (:9000 is OK for my Twonky server).
    If anybody can give me a hint? Or I have to reiinstall 9.1? I hope that is still possible.

Regards,
    Bob

Thanks for the DONATIONS

Sorry, was incomplete, I mean version 7.9.1

But still not clear, what you where using, and what has been upgraded?

Thanks for the DONATIONS

But still not clear, what you where using, and what has been upgraded?

I have a SQB touch and a Duet. They worked fine with the version 7.9.1 installed on my Qnap 439-Pro II+.
    I disconnected the duet for some time and last week I tried to reconnect my duet. Because it seemed not to work
    I detected your new version of LMS for my Qnap, installed it (Qnap appcenter,undefined). Installation went well, but opening
    not possible:can not connect to 192.168.1.xx:9001. There is no problem with the browser or firewall; I can connect to my Twonky server
    at 192.168.1.xx:9000.In second place, I removed the LMS and re-installed, but same result.
    Did I do something wrong, or forget something?
    I used the LMS on windows 10 in the same network and the Touch and the Duet work with the same musicfiles on my Qnap.
    Hope this explanation is clear now.

OkÚ and if you Logon by ssh shell, and do uname -m. What's the output. Also try in ssh shell CD /share/*/.qpkg/LogitehMediaServer. Now do ./QLogitechMediaServer.sh status. What's the output.
    Quote Originally Posted by BobW View Post
    I have a SQB touch and a Duet. They worked fine with the version 7.9.1 installed on my Qnap 439-Pro II+.
    I disconnected the duet for some time and last week I tried to reconnect my duet. Because it seemed not to work
    I detected your new version of LMS for my Qnap, installed it (Qnap appcenter,undefined). Installation went well, but opening
    not possible:can not connect to 192.168.1.xx:9001. There is no problem with the browser or firewall; I can connect to my Twonky server
    at 192.168.1.xx:9000.In second place, I removed the LMS and re-installed, but same result.
    Did I do something wrong, or forget something?
    I used the LMS on windows 10 in the same network and the Touch and the Duet work with the same musicfiles on my Qnap.
    Hope this explanation is clear now.

Thanks for the DONATIONS