Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 63 of 74 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast
    In the beta QLMS, the only thing which done.
    Is when there also is a installation of QLogitechMediaServer, it will copy the the Cache en prefs directory and adjust paths.

In case of QLogitechMediaServer, it does nothing.
    And in case of both, it will never do anything on plugins.

But if you do a clean installation, you will see some plugin's are actieve out of the box.
    Would suggest deactieved all of them, and then have a day to look wwhat happens.

QLogitechMediaServe/QLMS does nothing on plugins or LMS itself.
    It only supplies a way off installing LMS on a QNap device, and a script to start or stop the services.
    And a chroot envoriment, so LMS can find all the needed libraries and programs.

Quote Originally Posted by dolodobendan View Post
    @digimaster:

Did you change the standard plugins when installing LMS? What I mean is, would the plugins and their activation status' be the same as with a normal LMS setup or did you preactivate some? In other words, are any 3rd party plugins added and activated in the installation process?

And also: Do the not beta versions also copy settings and things like the beta does to the regular release when installing (Installing beta: copying data from LogitechMediaServer to QLMS)?

What I mean is:

Installation of not beta: Is data copied from QLMS to LogitechMediaServer?

To give some context, Michael suggested there were third party plugins active when I tested something, but it was a clean installation - except you did something here.

maintainer of QLogitechMediaServer, QOptware-NG and QAutoSub.

Qnap TS-453a, with LogitechMediaSever 8.0.0 Nightly ( with spotty, youtube, Radio Paradise a.m. )
    Several raspberry with hifiberry amp+ and picoreplayer.
    Love logitechmediaserver for it flexibel way, to play music from different sources.

Thanks for the DONATIONS

Quote Originally Posted by digimaster View Post
    In the beta QLMS, the only thing which done.
    Is when there also is a installation of QLogitechMediaServer, it will copy the the Cache en prefs directory and adjust paths.

In case of QLogitechMediaServer, it does nothing.
    And in case of both, it will never do anything on plugins.

But if you do a clean installation, you will see some plugin's are actieve out of the box.
    Would suggest deactieved all of them, and then have a day to look wwhat happens.

QLogitechMediaServe/QLMS does nothing on plugins or LMS itself.
    It only supplies a way off installing LMS on a QNap device, and a script to start or stop the services.
    And a chroot envoriment, so LMS can find all the needed libraries and programs.
    To wrap it up: Nothing is copied when it's not the beta and the active plugins are the ones that come with LMS anyway. That's what I thought, thank you.
    QLMS 8.0.0@2.20 x64 (digimaster) with perl 5.30.1 / QNAP 469L QTS 4.3.4

No need to uninstall any old lms installations, from version 2.00.00, can be installed beside any other lms or perl installations.

How to add the Qnapclub store to the QNap App center

The latest QLogitechMediaServer version!

================= QlogitechMediaServer version 2.02.03 ===================================== 16-11-2018
    * On some QNap nas-systems on installation, people got the wrong version error ! ops:
    This should be fixed, some times the script, did not do the right architecture check, which cause this error !

Questions or trouble regarding LogitechMediaServer itself , go to the SlimDevices forum website.
    http://forums.slimdevices.com

More information on MusicIP, go to https://www.spicefly.com/ or http://forums.slimdevices.com

Qnap TS-453a, with LogitechMediaSever 8.0.0 Nightly ( with spotty, youtube, Radio Paradise a.m. )
    Love logitechmediaserver for it flexibel way, to play music from different sources.

Thanks for the DONATIONS

No need to uninstall any old lms installations, from version 2.00.00, can be installed beside any other lms or perl installations.

================= QlogitechMediaServer version 2.02.03 ===================================== 16-11-2018
    * On some QNap nas-systems on installation, people got the wrong version error ! ops:
    This should be fixed, some times the script, did not do the right architecture check, which cause this error !

Questions or trouble regarding LogitechMediaServer itself , go to the SlimDevices forum website.

More information on MusicIP, go to https://www.spicefly.com/ or http://forums.slimdevices.com

Hi,
    I had to install QLMS 2.02.02 manually since the donwload from QNAPclup App center fetched x86 version and not x86_64 version.
    When trying to download and install the new 2.02.03 version I now get a error msg that the name QLogitechMusicServer is occupied.
    I.E I cannot install beside the previous since it believe it is the same.

So I assume I need to remove the old manually installed version.
    Before I do so I assume I need to rescue my settings and manually installed plugins.

So what do I need to do getting the proper QLMS installation?

-Stop QLMS
    -Copy the following to a safe place, like Public
    ...\Plugins
    ...\Cache
    ...\prefs
    More folders??
    -Remove QLMS
    -Install QLMS from Appcenter
    -Stop QLMS
    -Copy above folders into the new installation
    -Start QLMS

Did I miss any step?
    NAS: QNAP TS-459U+ QTS 4.2.6 (4x 2TB, RAID5)
    Services: LMS 7.9.3 by QLMS 2.10.06 QLMS at QNAP club
    Squeezebox: 6x Reciever, 3x Boom, 2x SB3 Classic, 1x Touch
    Controller: iPeng on iPad and iPhone, Spotify by Spotty

Yes if its installed from QNap Club app store, you can not install it manually.
    But are you sure, the x86_64 will work?

But you could try it.
    Logon with shh shell.
    Do [ cd /share/*/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer ]
    Then [ cp -RP SlimServer/Cache /share/*/Download/ ] , [ cp -RP SlimServer/prefs /share/*/Download/ ] and [ cp -RP .MusicIP/.MusicMagic/ /share/*/Download/ ].

No uninstall it through the app center from QNap.
    And then follow the steps to manually install the version you want.

Logon by ssh shell again.
    And do [ cd /share/*/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer ], [ ./QLogitechMediaServer.sh stop ]
    Then [ rm -r SlimServer/Cache ], [ rm -r SlimServer/prefs ] and [ rm -r .MusicIP/.MusicMagic/ ]
    Now [ cp -RP /share/*/Download/prefs SlimServer/ ], [ cp -RP /share/*/Download/Cache SlimServer/ ] and [ cp -RP /share/*/Download/.MusicMagic .MusicIP/ ].
    Very important [ chown -R squeezeboxserver SlimServer/ ] , [ chmod -R 0755 SlimServer/ ].

Now [ ./QLogitechMediaServer.sh restart.
    And is no errors showup, its running with you're old settings !.

Quote Originally Posted by jasell View Post
    Hi,
    I had to install QLMS 2.02.02 manually since the donwload from QNAPclup App center fetched x86 version and not x86_64 version.
    When trying to download and install the new 2.02.03 version I now get a error msg that the name QLogitechMusicServer is occupied.
    I.E I cannot install beside the previous since it believe it is the same.

So I assume I need to remove the old manually installed version.
    Before I do so I assume I need to rescue my settings and manually installed plugins.

So what do I need to do getting the proper QLMS installation?

-Stop QLMS
    -Copy the following to a safe place, like Public
    ...\Plugins
    ...\Cache
    ...\prefs
    More folders??
    -Remove QLMS
    -Install QLMS from Appcenter
    -Stop QLMS
    -Copy above folders into the new installation
    -Start QLMS

Did I miss any step?

Thanks for the DONATIONS

I just upgraded my QLMS from 1.09b3 to 2.02.03 on my TS-453Bmini.
    Although I had to uninstall my manually installed 1.09b3, but it worked with the installation of the QNAPClub repo.
    It is running smoothly and cleanly without problems, I am thrilled.

Thank you for the great work and continuous development / improvement of the QLMS .

Greeting Migo

(Sorry for my bad English - google translate^^)
    Last edited by Migo; 2018-11-23 at 12:15.

Deleted all my music?

Hi,

I've been running LMS via SSOTS for years (TS-259 Pro+) and thought I'd upgrade using this.

I installed the QKPG and now it seems like all my music, data etc has gone?

It looks like the whole drive has been wiped - it's totally empty.

In the QNAP file manager, when I try and access my Public folder, I just get an error.

I'm crapping myself here as it looks like I've just lost over 4TB of music....

[Update] I used the QFinder app to restore default settings and now I can access the Public, Download, Multimedia folders (where I couldn't previously) but they're all totally empty, the disk has (basically) 100% freespace now - no music or any other files on it...
    Last edited by PugRallye; 2018-12-16 at 08:58.

Be sure the music file have 0755 as permission.
    Quote Originally Posted by PugRallye View Post
    Hi,

I've been running LMS via SSOTS for years (TS-259 Pro+) and thought I'd upgrade using this.

I installed the QKPG and now it seems like all my music, data etc has gone?

It looks like the whole drive has been wiped - it's totally empty.

In the QNAP file manager, when I try and access my Public folder, I just get an error.

I'm crapping myself here as it looks like I've just lost over 4TB of music....

[Update] I used the QFinder app to restore default settings and now I can access the Public, Download, Multimedia folders (where I couldn't previously) but they're all totally empty, the disk has (basically) 100% freespace now - no music or any other files on it...
    Send from my mobile Phone

Thanks for the DONATIONS

Be sure the music file have 0755 as permission.

Send from my mobile Phone
    Sorry, not sure what you mean?

The Public folder is empty (it used to contain /Music/FLAC/.... etc)

Do you mean the permissions on the Public folder itself might have been screwed, and that would cause all the folder therein to "disappear"?

================= QlogitechMediaServer version 2.03.01 ===================================== 23-12-2018
    * Changed some small routines in the script, for better startup and cleaning.
    * Adjust some stuff on stop, for better protection of data in /share/.
    * Minor fine-tuning
    + The NORENICE option is disabled, now LMS will starts nice with same renice setting as script !
    ( Can be disabled in the .QLMS.conf file, if one doesn't like it ! )
    ( Through this will run a bit faster, and webgui will act a bit faster ! )

Thanks for the DONATIONS