Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 4 of 72 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
    As SSOTS/SSODS can give conflits, it should be uninstalled.
    Before doning this, you could backup the Cache and prefs directories from the SlimServer/ directory.

Then after installating Qnap-LogitechMediaServer, you can copy them back in the LogitechMediaServer/SlimServer directory.
    Don`t forget to do chmod -R 0775 SlimServer/ from the .qpkg/LogitechMediaServer directory.

LMS has no root/admin rights, it runs on squeezeboxserver:nogroup.

Also very important all the directory`s and file, you want to use in LMS should have 0775, otherwise LMS can not see/read not use them.
    LMS has limited right, and only can read directory and file with 0775.

Quote Originally Posted by earthbased View Post
    Hi, I have a TS-251A with Celeron N3060 X86-64. Some questions: 1) Since I currently use SSOTS, will using DIGIMASTER package use same install location? 2) If so, will SSOTS cause problems if not uninstalled? 3) In App Center I have LMS listed as 7.7.2 but it stops and starts my current version 7.9.1 so I see no way to use DIGIMASTER package from this App Center as DIGIMASTER stated it could be; do I have to REMOVE LMS from App Center and if so will this cause any problems since I use SSOTS currently? Thx

maintainer of QLogitechMediaServer, QOptware-NG and QAutoSub.

Qnap TS-453a, with LogitechMediaSever 7.9.2 Nightly ( with spotty, youtube, Radio Paradise a.m. )
    Several raspberry with hifiberry amp+ and picoreplayer.
    Love logitechmediaserver for it flexibel way, to play music from different sources.

A shame need more time, getting error trying to add it.
    But will come back on this, once i can fix the errors.

Quote Originally Posted by scala View Post
    Excellent initiative! This will fill a very huge gap!
    I will try it for sure: I'm currently struggling between maintaining my current ailing installation via SSOTS and a new installation via Container, which seems OK but on which I cannot manage to have spotty working.
    However, before giving it a try, I'd like to ask a couple of questions:
    I definitely need ShairTunes2W, which in turn needs Crypt::OpensSSL::Bignum, Crypt::OpenSSL:Random and Crypt::OpenSSL::RSA. Are these installed in your QPKG?
    Also, I have made many changes to the basic preferences both of the LMS server and of each of the players. Do you know if there is an easy way to copy/paste preferences (I suppose copying some files) from the old LMS to the new installed one?

Qnap TS-453a, with LogitechMediaSever 7.9.2 Nightly ( with spotty, youtube, Radio Paradise a.m. )
    Love logitechmediaserver for it flexibel way, to play music from different sources.

Quote Originally Posted by digimaster View Post
    As SSOTS/SSODS can give conflits, it should be uninstalled.
    Before doning this, you could backup the Cache and prefs directories from the SlimServer/ directory.

Then after installating Qnap-LogitechMediaServer, you can copy them back in the LogitechMediaServer/SlimServer directory.
    Don`t forget to do chmod -R 0775 SlimServer/ from the .qpkg/LogitechMediaServer directory.

LMS has no root/admin rights, it runs on squeezeboxserver:nogroup.

Also very important all the directory`s and file, you want to use in LMS should have 0775, otherwise LMS can not see/read not use them.
    Will installing Qnap-LogitechMediaServer fix the App Center LMS version info mismatch? After all installed, how do I update to new nightly? Thx

Quote Originally Posted by earthbased View Post
    Will installing Qnap-LogitechMediaServer fix the App Center LMS version info mismatch? After all installed, how do I update to new nightly? Thx
    Just download it, and put it in the download share off your Qnap. And then stop and start Qnap-LogitechMediaServer from the appstore.

Maybe it's a QNAP thing, but my music libraries have 0770 (that's what I get when copying files from Windows to the share) and it works just fine now. I gave RW access to squeezeboxserver in QNAP's ControlPanel / Shared Folders to my music library share.

Quote Originally Posted by earthbased
    Will installing Qnap-LogitechMediaServer fix the App Center LMS version info mismatch?
    You can change it by editing the entry "Version = 1.01a" under "[LogitechMediaServer]" in /mnt/HDA_ROOT/.config/qpkg.conf

@Digimaster: I noticed that LMS is not listed as a process in Resource Monitor but filed under "System Processes" instead. Is there a way to fix this?
    Last edited by dolodobendan; 2017-12-21 at 10:27.

@digimaster
    Thanks for your package, unfortunatly ist is not running on TS-459Pro+
    Running qts 4.2.6

uname shows
    Code:
    Linux qnap459 3.4.6 #1 SMP Tue Sep 5 01:29:53 CST 2017 x86_64 GNU/Linux
    while trying to start
    Code:
    [/opt/LogitechMediaServer] # ./LogitechMediaServer.sh start
    /usr/bin/perl: error while loading shared libraries: libnsl.so.1: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32
    Starting LogitechMediaServer in Background.
    [/opt/LogitechMediaServer] # Something went wrong, check youre configuration. try do ./LogitechMediaServer.sh failsafe !
    i i tried to to map the libraryh path for testting to:
    Code:
    LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/lib
    result is
    Code:
    [/opt/LogitechMediaServer] # export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/lib
    [/opt/LogitechMediaServer] # ./LogitechMediaServer.sh: line 103: 27031 Segmentation fault      ${QPKG_ROOT}/SlimServer/slimserver.pl ${COMMAND} > ufuk
    Something went wrong, check youre configuration. try do ./LogitechMediaServer.sh failsafe !
    There is someting wrong on my qnap, propably you have an idea.

There is something wrong, with you're Qnap, Perl is ELF64/64 bits.
    And this error on you're system should be fixed.
    As that's says it ELF32/32 bits,
    /usr/bin/perl: error while loading shared libraries: libnsl.so.1: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32

greetings

Quote Originally Posted by qnapfan View Post
    @digimaster
    Thanks for your package, unfortunatly ist is not running on TS-459Pro+
    Running qts 4.2.6

uname shows
    Code:
    Linux qnap459 3.4.6 #1 SMP Tue Sep 5 01:29:53 CST 2017 x86_64 GNU/Linux
    while trying to start
    Code:
    [/opt/LogitechMediaServer] # Something went wrong, check youre configuration. try do ./LogitechMediaServer.sh failsafe !
    i i tried to to map the libraryh path for testting to:
    Code:
    LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/lib
    result is
    Code:
    [/opt/LogitechMediaServer] # export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/lib
    [/opt/LogitechMediaServer] # ./LogitechMediaServer.sh: line 103: 27031 Segmentation fault      ${QPKG_ROOT}/SlimServer/slimserver.pl ${COMMAND} > ufuk
    Something went wrong, check youre configuration. try do ./LogitechMediaServer.sh failsafe !
    There is someting wrong on my qnap, propably you have an idea.

New release of LogitechMediaServer for Qnap x86_64 version 1.02 ( 25-12-2017 )
    MDS5 check [ caa0ba05cca9d7d0f5748605637f8908 build/LogitechMediaServer_1.02_x86_64.qpkg ]

LogitechMediaServer for Qnap x86_64 version 1.02

================= Qnap LogitechMediaSever version 1.02 ===================

* Major update release, completely redesign installation and inti-script
    * Includes a fix so sox supplied by LogitechMediaSever will work ( libgomp.so.2 missing error )
    * Log-file function expaned, now there also be errors from LMS included. ( can be found in the LogitechMediaServer/ directory. Can help you finding the error.) Also error will be shown in the Qnap webgui.
    * Update routine changed, now there is no downgraded possible anymore. ( see footnote )
    * Change upgrade routine, where only the right tar file will be used.
    * On trouble add extra feature besides ./LogitechMediaServer.sh failsafe.
    Now you can make a file called FAILSAFE in the root directory off .qpkg/LogitechMediaServer. ( see footnote )
    * Installation will keep track of download and installed version.
    * There is no LogitechMediaServer included anymore, at installation will download the latest.
    * Auto-update can be enabled, to always have the latest nightly build from the website.( see footnote )
    * Be aware the directory with you’re music must have reading rights for every group ( chmod -R 0775 [directory] ).

Included Software :

LogitechMediaServer Version : On new installation will get latest nightly version.
    Perl 5.24.0
    Mozilla-CA-20160104
    Net-SSLeay-1.82 ( build with openssl-1.0.2m ).
    IO-Socket-SSL-2.052.
    JSON-2.90.

----------------------------------------- footnote ----------------------------------------------
    Place a file called UPDATE in the directory /share/*/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer, will activated auto updated for LogitechMediaServer. If you removed it, this will stop.

If you want to still downgraded, place the file in the download section off you’re Qnap. Log-on to you’re Qnap system by ssh shell and do [ cd /share/*/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer ], [ rm .VERSION ] , [ rm SlimServer/.INSTALLED ] and [ ./LogitechMediaServer.sh restart ] .

Want to activated auto-update to always have the latest release off the nightly build. Log-on to you’re Qnap system by ssh shell and do [ cd /share/*/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer ], [ touch UPDATE ] and [ ./LogitechMediaServer.sh restart ] .
    Stopping it, do Log-on to you’re Qnap system by ssh shell and do [ cd /share/*/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer ], [ rm UPDATE ] and [ ./LogitechMediaServer.sh restart ] .

You're LogitechMediaServer installation wont start, then there are two options. The first Log-on to you’re Qnap system by ssh shell and do [ cd /share/*/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer ], [ ./LogitechMediaServer.sh stop ] and [ ./LogitechMediaServer.sh failsafe ] . ( it will start LogitechMediaServer without loading the plug-ins, so you can fix or remove any plug-in causing the trouble)
    The second way, if Log-on to you’re Qnap system by ssh shell and do [ cd /share/*/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer ], [ touch FAILSAFE ] and [ ./LogitechMediaServer.sh restart ]. ( also will then start with loading any plug-in, and will keeping doning this until you remove the file FAILSAFE)
    Stopping it, do Log-on to you’re Qnap system by ssh shell and do [ cd /share/*/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer ], [ rm FAILSAFE ] and [ ./LogitechMediaServer.sh restart ].
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LogitechMediaServer for Qnap x86_64 version 1.02

Last edited by digimaster; 2017-12-25 at 10:16.

* Includes a fix so sox supplied by LogitechMediaSever will work ( libgomp.so.2 missing error )
    Thank you, now HD FLACs work with my SB Receiver (again?)!

* Be aware the directory with you’re music must have reading rights for every group ( chmod -R 0775 [directory] ).

As I've said before, 0770 works (at least in my case) fine, too. Better even, as new files on the share get 0770 by default. (I've granted user "squeezeboxserver" R/W access in QNAP's ControlPanel / Shared Folders).

@Digimaster: I noticed that LMS is not listed as a process in Resource Monitor but filed under "System Processes" instead. Is there a way to fix this?
    Just curious. I'm now happy again with LMS. I also think it's faster now with your installer. Thank you!

Merry Christmas!

Edit: Using 0770 breaks LMS entry "Music Folder", though...
    Last edited by dolodobendan; 2017-12-25 at 14:24. Reason: Update

There is something wrong, with you're Qnap, Perl is ELF64/64 bits.
    And this error on you're system should be fixed.
    As that's says it ELF32/32 bits,

greetings
    Hi digimaster, tanks for your answer.
    The perl package you are delivering uses dynamic libs, in this case libnsl, the libnsl that on my system resides is somehow 32-bit, that causes the Problem. In case i did not installed this lib.
    Just for testing i installed via entware-ng per 5.24.1 (64 bit) this runs without any problems (the libnsl is not beeing loaded) but is not compatible with your package. So i need to find out where the lib came from. Your System is a QTS 4.3 mine is a QTS 4.2.6 so the enviroment is different, maybe that is also a Problem. Or my lib directroy is somehow broken, i need a way to compare it against a plain QTS 4.2.6 (TS-459-Pro+) System.

EDIT
    The more dig into that issue, i'll quess the QTS 4.2X releases are mixed 64/32 bit, kernel is 64 bit but the most libs are 32bit only a few are 64 bit, sop that is my Problem with you package.
    Are you able to compile a 32bit perl Version of your package or can you share your build scripts ?
    regards
    Last edited by qnapfan; 2017-12-25 at 17:50. Reason: corrections