Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 45 of 52 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast

QLMS 1.10 beta for QNAP x86/i386/i686 and x86_64 QYS 4.1 ang higher

And here it is, a complet new release from QLMS ( formely know as QLogitechMediaServer.
    Totaly redesigned and a new way off work.
    From version 1.10 it runs in a chroot, so it wont relay on any older software from QTS.

Remember this is a beta version.
    And it was a big deal finding out al the proper solutions.
    Please test it, can be installed a side any other LMS software like QLogitechMediaServer, perl or ssots.
    I will need the chroot command to be availble, as thats the only commands i need to work!
    Having issues, please put in here with the QMLS.log and QLMS.log.err if it exist.

================ QLMS version 1.10.beta ===============================
    + Completly changed to a new way off using LMS
    + It will chroot lms, to get max support also on older QNAP nassystems !
    + Through this no trouble on older Glibc support.
    + Has not conflict from other installed perl or software like SSOTS
    + MusicIP also will run in a chroot, so it also will have no trouble or missing some libaryś
    + Out off the box, no suppoort for the nightly beta releases. Can be adjust
    by editing the .QLMS.conf file in the QLMS directory !.
    - Remeber this is the first release, so still in beta delevopment !
    Plugins Spotty, YouTube, Radio Paradise, SqueezeSubsonic and Shairtunes2, will work on this version.

Last edited by digimaster; 2018-10-13 at 13:35.

maintainer of QLogitechMediaServer, QOptware-NG and QAutoSub.

Qnap TS-453a, with LogitechMediaSever 7.9.1 ( with spotty and youtube )
    Several raspberry with hifiberry amp+ and picoreplayer.
    Love logitechmediaserver for it flexibel way, to play music from different sources.

Thanks Digimaster for your ongoing efforts with LMS implementation on QNAP NAS.
    I've tried 1.08 previously and was unable to set it up, gave up quickly and waited for your next release.
    I have previously run LMS within Container station using Oyvindo's very helpful advice at https://forum.qnap.com/viewtopic.php?f=354&t=123933, I gave up on this because it was unable to support Shairtunes

I've just installed the 1.10 X86_64 beta on a QNAP TS-251 FW 4.3.4.0569

so far:
    - It installs OK but says 'unable to resolve IP address for mysqueezbox.com' during the installation process when prompting for mysqueezebox login (and subsequently if I enter this data via the mysqueezebox.com tab in server settings)
    - Music library scan works and I can connect to a Boom and play my music, great!
    - I can't update the plugin list to test various essentials (BBC iPlayer, Shairtunes) because when updating plugin list this message appears:

Bad repository http://downloads.sourceforge.net/pro...lease-repo.xml - Couldn't resolve IP address for: downloads.sourceforge.net
    Bad repository http://repos.squeezecommunity.org/extensions.xml - Couldn't resolve IP address for: repos.squeezecommunity.org

It looks to me like the QLMS 1.10 is not being permitted access to the internet from my NAS. Any ideas how I resolve this?
    LMS 7.9.2 | Touch | Boom | Boom | SB3

Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    I've tried 1.08 previously and was unable to set it up, gave up quickly and waited for your next release.
    I have previously run LMS within Container station using Oyvindo's very helpful advice at https://forum.qnap.com/viewtopic.php?f=354&t=123933, I gave up on this because it was unable to support Shairtunes

so far:
    - It installs OK but says 'unable to resolve IP address for mysqueezbox.com' during the installation process when prompting for mysqueezebox login (and subsequently if I enter this data via the mysqueezebox.com tab in server settings)
    - Music library scan works and I can connect to a Boom and play my music, great!
    - I can't update the plugin list to test various essentials (BBC iPlayer, Shairtunes) because when updating plugin list this message appears:

Bad repository http://downloads.sourceforge.net/pro...lease-repo.xml - Couldn't resolve IP address for: downloads.sourceforge.net
    Bad repository http://repos.squeezecommunity.org/extensions.xml - Couldn't resolve IP address for: repos.squeezecommunity.org

It looks to me like the QLMS 1.10 is not being permitted access to the internet from my NAS. Any ideas how I resolve this?
    I installed QLMS 1.10 on my TS-253 QTS 4.2.0 yesterday and I have experienced the same problem concerning internet acess as you have described. Fortunately I kept my old 7.8.1 installation so I could just switch back to this version. Internet acess from 7.8.1 still works fine. I hope a solution for this problem will be found soon so that I can forget about LMS 7.8.1 and proceed to upgrade my TS-253 to QTS 4.3

The problem lays in dns, nd the way LMS tries to resolve this.
    To solve that need more input on the serval QNap and how every models handels dns reqeusts.
    So the more users give me that info, the faster i can find the solution.

Could you logon you're QNap bu ssh.
    And then do [ cd /share/*/.qpkg/QLMS ]
    Now do [ cat .config/LMSROOT/etc/resolv.conf ], and put the output here.
    also please [mount ], also please output here.
    And last [ chroot .config/LMSROOT/usr/bin/avahi-resolve -n google.com], and that output
    Please QLMS needs to run, when you do this

Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post

so far:

Last edited by digimaster; 2018-10-12 at 06:57.

Love logitechmediaserver for it flexibel way, to play music from different sources.

Quote Originally Posted by frch260246 View Post
    I installed QLMS 1.10 on my TS-253 QTS 4.2.0 yesterday and I have experienced the same problem concerning internet acess as you have described. Fortunately I kept my old 7.8.1 installation so I could just switch back to this version. Internet acess from 7.8.1 still works fine. I hope a solution for this problem will be found soon so that I can forget about LMS 7.8.1 and proceed to upgrade my TS-253 to QTS 4.3
    Same if you could please send me reqeust info.

Quote Originally Posted by digimaster View Post
    I really appreciate your quick response.

Here is the output from the requested commands:

[/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/QLMS] # cat .config/LMSROOT/etc/resolv.conf
    nameserver 127.0.1.1

[/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/QLMS] # mount
    none on /new_root type tmpfs (rw,mode=0755,size=204800k)
    /proc on /proc type proc (rw)
    devpts on /dev/pts type devpts (rw)
    sysfs on /sys type sysfs (rw)
    tmpfs on /tmp type tmpfs (rw,size=64M)
    tmpfs on /dev/shm type tmpfs (rw)
    /dev/md9 on /mnt/HDA_ROOT type ext3 (rw,data=ordered)
    cgroup_root on /sys/fs/cgroup type tmpfs (rw)
    none on /sys/fs/cgroup/memory type cgroup (rw,memory)
    /dev/mapper/cachedev1 on /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA type ext4 (rw,usrjquota=aquota.user,jqfmt=vfsv0,user_xattr,d ata=ordered,delalloc,noacl)
    /dev/sdd1 on /share/external/DEV3302_1 type ufsd (rw,iocharset=utf8,dmask=0000,fmask=0111,force)
    /dev/md13 on /mnt/ext type ext3 (rw,data=ordered)
    nfsd on /proc/fs/nfsd type nfsd (rw)
    tmpfs on /mnt/rf/nd type tmpfs (rw,size=1m)
    none on /sys/kernel/config type configfs (rw)
    /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA on /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/QLMS/.config/LMSROOT/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA type none (rw,bind)
    /proc on /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/QLMS/.config/LMSROOT/proc type none (ro,bind)
    /sys on /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/QLMS/.config/LMSROOT/sys type none (ro,bind)
    /mnt/ext/opt/avahi0630/var/run/dbus on /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/QLMS/.config/LMSROOT/run/dbus type none (rw,bind)
    /tmp on /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/QLMS/.config/LMSROOT/tmp type none (rw,bind)

[/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/QLMS] # chroot .config/LMSROOT/usr/bin/avahi-resolve
    chroot: cannot change root directory to .config/LMSROOT/usr/bin/avahi-resolve: Not a directory

As you can see the chroot command did not succeed because the specified location is not a directory

[/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/QLMS] # ls -l .config/LMSROOT/usr/bin/avahi-resolve
    -rwxr-xr-x 1 admin administ 13928 Oct 4 19:56 .config/LMSROOT/usr/bin/avahi-resolve*

I hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by digimaster View Post
    That would be my third (Q)LMS installation. After I installed the second (that's the first QLMS beta 1.09something), all my settings were still there. Were they copied when I installed this or do they share the same settings?

In short: Can I install the latest version and uninstall the two previous ones without losing my settings? (Or does this replace my 1.09 beta, or...)
    QLMS 7.9.2@1.10b2 (digimaster) / QNAP 469L QTS 4.3.4

Quote Originally Posted by dolodobendan View Post
    That would be my third (Q)LMS installation. After I installed the second (that's the first QLMS beta 1.09something), all my settings were still there. Were they copied when I installed this or do they share the same settings?

In short: Can I install the latest version and uninstall the two previous ones without losing my settings? (Or does this replace my 1.09 beta, or...)
    I just installed it, because... I can, and it replaced the 1.09e beta. The Cache folder was empty except for "deletecache-deleteplaylists" and "InstalledPlugins". So I guess .qpkg/QLMS used the same Cache as .qpkg/LogitechMediaServer (the "old" QLMS) (if detected) and copying the plugins?

There was chaos between these two aforementioned installations, so I installed from scratch.

It's not completely set up yet, but what I can say now is:

+ It feels much much slower now: The tab settings/plugin now takes ages (~25s) to load.
    + My music is no longer found.

qlms.log: (I changed the 7.9.1 to 7.9.2 here and cut the repeating rest to save space, don't mind the timestamps here.)

Code:
    [00:48:10 13-10-2018] Please wait a few minuts, have to build QLMS from scratch !
    [00:50:43 13-10-2018] Upgrading QLMS to 7.9.2, please wait !
    [00:51:09 13-10-2018] Starting QLMS in the Background.
    sudo: unable to resolve host Server: Connection refused
    [00:51:18 13-10-2018] QLMS is started in the Background on [31759] !			
    [00:51:18 13-10-2018] Please wait a few minuts, before you try to access the webgui through http://(IPnr Server):9001 !
    [00:54:21 13-10-2018] Stopping QLMS [31759] in the Background.
    server.log:

Code:
    [18-10-13 01:04:15.9556] main::init (387) Starting Logitech Media Server (v7.9.2, 1539113931, Tue Oct  9 22:20:50 CEST 2018) perl 5.024004 - i686-linux-thread-multi-64int
    [18-10-13 01:04:17.5523] Slim::Utils::SQLiteHelper::postConnect (374) Optimizing DB because of missing or empty sqlite_stat1 table
    [18-10-13 01:04:17.7125] Slim::Schema::forceCommit (2147) Warning: Trying to commit transactions before DB is initialized!
    [18-10-13 01:04:17.9290] Slim::Utils::SQLiteHelper::postConnect (374) Optimizing DB because of missing or empty sqlite_stat1 table
    [18-10-13 01:04:17.9689] Slim::Schema::forceCommit (2147) Warning: Trying to commit transactions before DB is initialized!
    [18-10-13 01:04:18.8340] Slim::Utils::SQLiteHelper::postConnect (374) Optimizing DB because of missing or empty sqlite_stat1 table
    [18-10-13 01:04:18.8610] Slim::Schema::forceCommit (2147) Warning: Trying to commit transactions before DB is initialized!
    [18-10-13 01:04:19.1691] main::checkDataSource (1110) Warning: Schema updated or no media found in the database, initiating scan.
    [18-10-13 01:04:28.6491] Slim::Utils::SQLiteHelper::postConnect (374) Optimizing DB because of missing or empty sqlite_stat1 table
    [18-10-13 01:04:28.7250] Slim::Schema::forceCommit (2147) Warning: Trying to commit transactions before DB is initialized!
    [18-10-13 01:04:29.2579] Slim::Networking::Repositories::__ANON__ (146) Failed to fetch https://repos.squeezecommunity.org/extensions.xml: Couldn't resolve IP address for: repos.squeezecommunity.org
    [18-10-13 01:04:29.2583] Slim::Networking::Repositories::__ANON__ (149) https lookup failed - trying plain text http instead: http://repos.squeezecommunity.org/extensions.xml
    [18-10-13 01:04:31.2614] Slim::Formats::XML::gotErrorViaHTTP (339) Error: getting http://opml.radiotime.com/Index.aspx?partnerId=16
    Couldn't resolve IP address for: opml.radiotime.com
    [18-10-13 01:04:31.2621] Slim::Plugin::InternetRadio::Plugin::_gotRadioError (67) Unable to retrieve radio directory from SN: Couldn't resolve IP address for: opml.radiotime.com
    [18-10-13 01:04:33.7723] Slim::Utils::Firmware::downloadAsyncError (581) Warning: Firmware: Failed to download http://update.slimdevices.com/update/firmware/7.9.2/fab4.version (Couldn't resolve IP address for: update.slimdevices.com), will try again in 10 minutes.
    [18-10-13 01:04:53.2643] Slim::Formats::XML::gotErrorViaHTTP (339) Error: getting http://opml.radiotime.com/Index.aspx?partnerId=16

And so on and so on and scooby dooby doo-by
    Last edited by dolodobendan; 2018-10-12 at 16:27.

The nice's thing about QLMS, it can run beside any other LMS software like QLogitechMediaServer or ssots/ssods.
    There even can be another installation off perl present.
    And yes on installation, it will look if QLogitechMediaServer is installed.
    And if it is, will copy the Cache and pref directory!

If you want to test on a clean install, stop QLMS after installation.
    Go in to a ssh shell, and remove .qpkg/QLMS/SlimServer/Cache and .qpkg/QLMS/SlimServer/prefs.
    And now restart QLMS, and you have a clean installation.

Quote Originally Posted by dolodobendan View Post
    I just installed it, because... I can, and it replaced the 1.09e beta. The Cache folder was empty except for "deletecache-deleteplaylists" and "InstalledPlugins". So I guess .qpkg/QLMS used the same Cache as .qpkg/LogitechMediaServer (the "old" QLMS) (if detected) and copying the plugins?
    Last edited by digimaster; 2018-10-13 at 07:46.