Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 63 1231151 ... LastLast

QLogitechMediaServer for Qnap with QTS 4.0 or higher and x86/i*86//X86_64/arm-x41arm-

Here you can always find the latest version of LogitechMediaServer for Qnap x86_64/*86/arm-41 systems with QTS 4.0 or higher. D

IMPORTANT arm-x09/arm-x19 is still beta/EXPERIMENTAL !.( Would be nice i've you rapport if it works ? )

[ QLogitechMediaServer ]

LogitechMediaServer the audio streaming software, for Qnap nas systems, with QTS 4.0 or higher and x86/i386/i686/X86_64 architecture !

It will install the latest LogitechMediaServer source on the Qnap, as can be found on the Nightly build website. Out of the box has support for, Spotty, YouTube, Radio paradise, SqueezeSonic, Shairtunes2 and MusicIP (MusicMagicServer). With Auto Update feature for LMS on every startup off the Services.

From version 2.00.00 startup is optimize's, to run on a server/nas-systeem. Keeping track of resources and how heavy, other software is running on it. ( For advanced user, can be adjust in the file .IONICE )

The only thing it supplies is a installation of LogitechMediaServer and a init-script so it will startup correctly. Startup commands for LogitechMediaServer, can be change if you’re a advanced user. The config file can be found in the .qpkg/LogitechMediaServer directory ( .QLMS.config), Read the PLEASE-README-FIRST.txt, included in the directory for more information. From version 2.00 changed, and does not depend on software of Qnap /QTS anymore. The command chroot and a proper kernel must be avaible in QTS. After installation can take a few minute, before you can access the webgui [port 9001], depending on how many plugins there are installed !

It's a standalone version, which does not need extra software like a Optware/Entware. Software like lame, mplayer ( wma support ), icedax ( CDDA2WAV ) and more is included. To give support one several plugings.

Included in the installation is,
    Perl 5.24.4 with original cpan modules included( from version 1.09.a)
    ( For better support of several functions in LMS )

Mozilla-CA-20160104,
    IO-Socket-SSL-2.052.
    Net-SSLeay-1.82. ( Build with openssl-1.0.2m )
    Devel-NYTProf-6.05
    Crypt-OpenSSL-Bignum-0.08
    Crypt-OpenSSL-Random-0.11
    Crypt-OpenSSL-RSA-0.28

lame, ogg, flac, sox wavpack, shntool, e.m.m.

MusicIP v 1.8. ( from version 1.07.3 )

From v1.07.3 MusicIP (1.8) is included, and when enabled, will run at startup of the LMS services. MusicIP can be enabled by adding a line [ MUSICIP=1 ] in the .QLMS.config file, or by doing [ touch .MUSICIP ] in the LogitechMediaServer/ directory.
    (Can be found in the resource-monitor of QNap, under QMusicIPServer if running!) The webgui is on ipnr:[10002].

On every startup of the services, will check on updates for LMS. If available will be upgraded ( Official and Nightly ), can be adjusted in the .QLMS.config file.

Questions or trouble regarding LogitechMediaServer itself , go to the SlimDevices forum website.
    http://forums.slimdevices.com

More information on MusicIP, go to https://www.spicefly.com/ or http://forums.slimdevices.com

No need to uninstall any old lms installations, from version 2.00.00, can be installed beside any other lms or perl installations.

How to add the Qnapclub store to the QNap App center

The latest QLogitechMediaServer version!

================= QlogitechMediaServer version 2.02.03 ===================================== 16-11-2018
    * On some QNap nas-systems on installation, people got the wrong version error ! ops:
    This should be fixed, some times the script, did not do the right architecture check, which cause this error !

================= QlogitechMediaServer version 2.02.01 ===================================== 14-11-2018
    * Bugfixs release regarding time on some LogitechMedia devices, still where not getting right time !
    Should be fixed now. ( Localtime is no correctly taken from host system, Logitech BOOM )
    + Add support for x09/x19. IMPORTANT still in beta, using perl 5.20, because higher is not supported in LMS.
    Due to this limitation, includes programs, are not the latest !
    IMPORTANT arm-x09/arm-x19 is still beta/EXPERIMENTAL !.( Would be nice i've you rapport i've it works ? )
    * Some finetuning and small correction.

Version 2.02.00 13-11-2018 :P
    ================= QlogitechMediaServer version 2.02.00 ===================================== 13-11-2018
    + Added support for aarch64/arm64 QNap nas-systems.
    * On some installations, the time was set wrong on Logitech devices connected to LMS.
    Fixed in this release. ( Thanks to oneshot for finding the solution ! )
    * Rebuild the chroot file-system, all used programs are the latest. ( all release are based on Debian stretch 9 )
    * All release's now got the same programs included like lame, ffmpeg, flac, sox, mplayer, mac ( ape ) a.m.
    ( Tested all plugins available, they al seem to work ! )
    + Now there is also a logfile for MusicIP, so you can check on errors if it won't start !

================= QlogitechMediaServer version 2.01.00 ===================================== 03-11-2018
    + Add support for arm-x41 and aarch64/arm_64 Qnap nassystems
    * Minor adjust on detecing if services is running.
    * Adjust file-system settings for x86_64
    * Small adjustment on optimization when running on nas.

Version 2.00.02 28-10-2018 V. 2.00.02
    ================= QlogitechMediaServer version 2.00.02 =====================================28-10-2018
    * bugfixs release, now al the found mounting points under /share will be
    found in LMS. ( thanks to Don )

+ Now the x*86 version can also be installed on a x86_64 system. ( uses less memory, about 100MB less ! )
    + If you do ./QLogitechMediaServer.sh config, it will show you the cli options used for LMS to start with.

( Curious about the speed on the several Qnap systems ? )
    ( My LMS is faster then it ever was before ! )

Version. 2.00.01

================= QlogitechMediaServer version 2.00.01 ===================================== 27-10-2018
    * Some user could not find there music files after upgrading to 2.00
    That's because they are symlink's in /share, and chroot can resolve symlink
    outside it's chroot environment.
    This release will solve this issue !
    * Some times a restart from the plugin pages, did not restart LMS again !
    Should be fixed !.
    * On some Qnap systems there was a writing error on the pid file.
    Is fixed in this release
    * Small change on the startup of LMS, sudo will start a daemon.
    + Now also external HD connected to the Qnap nassystem, can be found/used in LMS !

Developing was quiet a challenge to do, and took quiet a lot of times and investigation, trying and testing. Also had to go very deep, in the way Qnap works and the layout of their software and filesysteem, and how linux operates. But i think have kicked it, and release a very nice way to let LMS running without any trouble's or errors. ( most of the old errors and trouble came from older or missing software in the QTS )

Still having issue's or trouble, please be very clear and try to give as many info as possible !.
    Keep in mind i only own a ts-453a to work with ! (

NEXT UP WILL BE SUPPORT FOR ARM !. ( But gone take a bit more time, need to learn linux for arm)

Version 2.00.00

================= QlogitechMediaServer version 2.00 ===================================== 23-10-2018
    + After a lot of looking, reading, testing and find out !
    ( And took a lot of work, to find out, and programming !)
    + Proud to release a completely new version of QLogitechMediaSever.
    + It's a totally new layout and way of running the services on a QNap nas-system.
    + Due to the errors and trouble, on many older QNap model, which could not upgraded tot QTS 4.3.
    + From this version using to chroot command, to make sure the needed libraries and program's are available.
    + The basic is the same, but the approached is changed, and some new stuff is added.
    + Its still has support for MusicIP, Spotty, YouTube, Radio Paradise, SqueezeSonic and now also Shairtunes2 a.m. ( For shairtunes2 bonjour must be actieve )
    + Through this way could add libraries support for wma, icedax (CDDA2WAV) and many more. ( to make several plugin work )
    + Has been tested a several different QNap systems running QTS 4.1, 4.2, 4.3 and even 4.0 with x*86 and x86_64 arch
    + The only program which has to be available on you're QNap is chroot.
    ! Please keep in mind, i only deliver the basic layout. The LMS software is always download from the official website.
    So any remarks regarding the functions of LMS, should be done in the slimserver forum.

+ Trouble on startup, please leave a messages in the QNap/SlimServer forum, included the log and log.err files.
    ( OLMS is the beta program of QLogitechMediaServer, can only be found on the several forum !)

!! Important in this version, many things are changed. If you can't find you're music files, have a good look in /share/(depends on you're QNap layout)/.
    Mostly can be found in /share/*/multimedia or /share/*/homes

For those who send me a donations, thank you, gives me a feeling that all the work is appreciated.
    Last edited by digimaster; 2018-11-16 at 05:02. Reason: new release

maintainer of QLogitechMediaServer, QOptware-NG and QAutoSub.

Qnap TS-453a, with LogitechMediaSever 7.9.2 Nightly ( with spotty, youtube, Radio Paradise a.m. )
    Several raspberry with hifiberry amp+ and picoreplayer.
    Love logitechmediaserver for it flexibel way, to play music from different sources.

Is this a normal app for QNAP or a container thingy?

Quote Originally Posted by Zombie View Post
    Is this a normal app for QNAP or a container thingy?
    A normal app.

Qnap TS-453a, with LogitechMediaSever 7.9.2 Nightly ( with spotty, youtube, Radio Paradise a.m. )
    Love logitechmediaserver for it flexibel way, to play music from different sources.

New release of LogitechMediaServer for Qnap x86_64 version 1.0

Qnap LogitechMediaServer x86_64 version 1.0a

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Change log version 1.0a +++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Here it is the first officieel release of LogitechMediaServer for QNap x86_64 and QTS 4.2 or higher.
    * Check the serval script, and cleaned them up a bit
    * In version 1.0 there was a error on initscript, fixed and changed to version 1.0a
    * Spotty, Radio Paradiso and YouTube are supported. :-0
    * Runs on QNAP with QTS 4.2 or higher. ( tested on QTS 4.3.3 )
    * LMS will be installed in its orgineel way, like its suppled by the developers.
    * No need for a Optware/Entware to be installed.
    ( But a Optware/Entware, can add options like lame support, or add extra or better audio support. )
    * LMS is upgradeble, place logitechmediaserverXXXX.tgz in de Download share of the QNap. And restart the LMS. stop and start lms through the QNap app store )
    * Be aware, it some times can take some time, before the webgui is available. Especially when it needs to install serval plugins, or old prefs are copied in the slimserver directory.

Included Software :

Logitech Media Server Versie: 7.9.1 - 1503129892 @ Sat Aug 19 08:59:02 UTC 2017
    Perl 5.24.0
    Mozilla-CA-20160104
    Net-SSLeay-1.82 ( build with openssl-1.0.2m )
    IO-Socket-SSL-2.052
    JSON-2.90

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Qnap LogitechMediaServer x86_64 version 1.0a
    Last edited by digimaster; 2017-11-26 at 14:01.

Hi. I have just installed the LMS on my Qnap 451. Works perfectly . Thanks a lot for providing this QPKD.

But I have a small question. How can I restart the server for making an update ?

Thanks a lot for your reply.

Excellent initiative! This will fill a very huge gap!
    I will try it for sure: I'm currently struggling between maintaining my current ailing installation via SSOTS and a new installation via Container, which seems OK but on which I cannot manage to have spotty working.
    However, before giving it a try, I'd like to ask a couple of questions:
    I definitely need ShairTunes2W, which in turn needs Crypt::OpensSSL::Bignum, Crypt::OpenSSL:Random and Crypt::OpenSSL::RSA. Are these installed in your QPKG?
    Also, I have made many changes to the basic preferences both of the LMS server and of each of the players. Do you know if there is an easy way to copy/paste preferences (I suppose copying some files) from the old LMS to the new installed one?

You can stop en start LogitechMediaServer form the app store, through the webgiu from QNap.
    Or logon through shh shell, and them do [ [cd /share/*/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer/ ], [ ./LogitechMediaServer.sh restart ] and then exit to logout.
    Be aware it will take a few minutes, before you can use LogitechMediaServer through the webgui again, as the update has to be handled.

QUOTE=Caladan;900245]Hi. I have just installed the LMS on my Qnap 451. Works perfectly . Thanks a lot for providing this QPKD.

But I have a small question. How can I restart the server for making an update ?

Thanks a lot for your reply.[/QUOTE]

Tried if ShairTunes2W, but it wont load the plugin.
    So no at the moment its not working, so have to look in to this.
    I needed to know which perl modules are need to make it work.

So maybe to make it work in future releases.

Quote Originally Posted by scala View Post
    Excellent initiative! This will fill a very huge gap!
    I will try it for sure: I'm currently struggling between maintaining my current ailing installation via SSOTS and a new installation via Container, which seems OK but on which I cannot manage to have spotty working.
    However, before giving it a try, I'd like to ask a couple of questions:
    I definitely need ShairTunes2W, which in turn needs Crypt::OpensSSL::Bignum, Crypt::OpenSSL:Random and Crypt::OpenSSL::RSA. Are these installed in your QPKG?
    Also, I have made many changes to the basic preferences both of the LMS server and of each of the players. Do you know if there is an easy way to copy/paste preferences (I suppose copying some files) from the old LMS to the new installed one?

Great work. Just installed the latest (after using the beta for the last while) on my 469L and everything seems generally fine.

Thanks for your hard work!
    Cheers!

Glad to hear its working on you`re QNap.
    Lucky that LMS is running on QNap again, and integrated in the operation systems off QNap.

Next version will be a update of LMS to the latest version of LMS nightly build.
    Also working on a way, the init script, will make a log to keep track of any errors, should the be there.

Quote Originally Posted by eduardoo View Post
    Great work. Just installed the latest (after using the beta for the last while) on my 469L and everything seems generally fine.

Thanks for your hard work!
    Cheers!