Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 54 1231151 ... LastLast

QLogitechMediaServer for Qnap x86_64 with qts 4.2 or higher

Here you can always find the latest version of LogitechMediaServer for Qnap x86_64/i686/x84 and mixed X86-64 systems with QTS4.2 or higher.
    At the moment only support for x86_64. Before installing do login with ssh shell and do uname -m, it should then say x86_64/x86/i686.
    It will install the LogitechMediaServer source on the Qnap, as can de found on the Nightly build website.
    It will support Spotty, YouTube and Radio paradise out off the box.
    ( Perl 5.24.0 64bit/32bit, Mozilla-CA-20160104, Net-SSLeay-1.82 ( build with openssl-1.0.2m ), IO-Socket-SSL-2.052 and JSON-2.90 )
    Questions or trouble regarding LogitechMediaServer, go to the SlimDevices forum.
    The only thing i supply is a proper way to install LogitechMediaServer and a init-script so it will startup correctly.
    It`s a standalone version, which does not need extra software like a Optware/Entware. ( But by installing you can add extra functions ( Lame support ), or better audio support )

New beta release of QLogitechMediaServer V1.06.f for Qnap QTS 4.2 or higher with x86_64/i686/x86 ( 28-01-2018 )
    MDS5 check [ c7af6529913af7cd6c7039b0ca3f439b LogitechMediaServer_1.06.f.qpkg ]

=================== QLogitechMediaSever version 1.06.f beta ===================

+ Add support for x86/i686 and mixed x86_64 nas systems.
    ( there must be ld-linux.so.2 and or ld-linux_x86_64.so.2 avaible )
    ( The i686 Perl is made by Qnapfan, many thanks for the support and hard work )
    + Fixed the auto update function, now nightly and update can separably set.
    + Change some minor things in the installation script, for better error check !
    + Change some minor thing in the init-script, so it will check errors on startup.
    + Now user of V1.05, can use this version to.
    * This is the release candidate for V1.07, if no errors are report will be released soon!
    (PLEASE check if you're Qnap is supported, it relays on the file /lib/ld-linux.so.2 of ld-linux-x86-64.so.2. One or both must be on you're QNap system
    And also do uname -m to check if the right architecture is available !. The installation will do, and if it wont meet the requirements will stop the installation ! )

================================================== =========================================

++ Last Stable version !++++++

==================== QLogitechMediaServer version 1.05a ===================

* Minor adjustments, fixed error 346 and on some systems the not enough space messages.
    * Disabled the system check, can still be enabled in config file by remove # in front from DEBUG line.
    ( Enabled it only if you have trouble and errors at startup )
    KEEP IN MIND startup can take a minut, before you can access the webgui.
    It also depends on how many plugins there are installed.
    ( If you want to copie old settings back, only do place the prefs and Cache directory's in SlimServer.)
    And please check the names, the prefs should not be Prefs ( SSOTS/SSOTS ), if so rename directory !
    Make sure the other old installations are removed !

================= QLogitechMediaServer version 1.05 final ============================

* LogitechMediaServer can now be found in the Resource Monitor from Qnap
    * improved Qnap webgui warnings at startup, also be showing there.
    * Will use /tmp and /temp, even if a optware is used
    * On QTS 4.3 and higher LMS will be started with sudo, on QTS 4.2 LMS will be started by admin ! ( is adjustable see footnote )
    * Will check on Ownership of SlimServer directory, and adjust before startup to prevent a crash of LMS.
    * At startup LMS will get a higher priority, so it will run faster and webgui loads faster ! ( nothing to with –-priority on command-line, can be adjust see footnote.)
    * On startup will clean the templates directory, to prevent dropout in audio on internet radio !
    * If used playlistdir ownership will be adjusted, so one can save a playlist in there. ( Could require a restart, when playlist is assign ! )
    * Added support for official and nightly auto update !
    * Add possibly to config commandline options for LMS ( see footnote )
    * Add a check I've require programs exist and discspace on startup !
    * many other small adjustments, to let LMS run as smooth as possible.
    * A lot of programming, for error/trouble control on different QNap QTS 4.2 or higher systems.
    * There now is a arch check on installation.

================= footnote ========================================

.There is a adjustable configuration file .QLMS.conf, where you could change behavior and startup option for LMS.
    ( logon to you're Qnap through ssh shell, do [ cd /share/*/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer ] and [ vi .QLMS.conf ].)
    . On trouble after changing some option, just remove .QLMS.conf and restart LMS, to get back the default configuration.

Stable Version V1.05a {17-01-2018} !

New release of LogitechMediaServer for Qnap x86_64 version 1.02 ( 25-12-2017 )
    MDS5 check [ caa0ba05cca9d7d0f5748605637f8908 build/LogitechMediaServer_1.02_x86_64.qpkg ]

================= Qnap LogitechMediaSever version 1.02 ===================

* Major update release, completely redesign installation and inti-script
    * Includes a fix so sox supplied by LogitechMediaSever will work ( libgomp.so.2 missing error )
    * Log-file function expaned, now there also be errors from LMS included. ( can be found in the LogitechMediaServer/ directory. Can help you finding the error.) Also error will be shown in the Qnap webgui.
    * Update routine changed, now there is no downgraded possible anymore. ( see footnote )
    * Change upgrade routine, where only the right tar file will be used.
    * On trouble add extra feature besides ./LogitechMediaServer.sh failsafe.
    Now you can make a file called FAILSAFE in the root directory off .qpkg/LogitechMediaServer. ( see footnote )
    * Installation will keep track of download and installed version.
    * There is no LogitechMediaServer included anymore, at installation will download the latest.
    * Auto-update can be enabled, to always have the latest nightly build from the website.( see footnote )
    * Be aware the directory with you’re music must have reading rights for every group ( chmod -R 0775 [directory] ).

Included Software :

LogitechMediaServer Version : On new installation will get latest nightly version.
    Perl 5.24.0
    Mozilla-CA-20160104
    Net-SSLeay-1.82 ( build with openssl-1.0.2m ).
    IO-Socket-SSL-2.052.
    JSON-2.90.

----------------------------------------- footnote ----------------------------------------------
    Place a file called UPDATE in the directory /share/*/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer, will activated auto updated for LogitechMediaServer. If you removed it, this will stop.

If you want to still downgraded, place the file in the download section off you’re Qnap. Log-on to you’re Qnap system by ssh shell and do [ cd /share/*/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer ], [ rm .VERSION ] , [ rm SlimServer/.INSTALLED ] and [ ./LogitechMediaServer.sh restart ] .

Want to activated auto-update to always have the latest release off the nightly build. Log-on to you’re Qnap system by ssh shell and do [ cd /share/*/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer ], [ touch UPDATE ] and [ ./LogitechMediaServer.sh restart ] .
    Stopping it, do Log-on to you’re Qnap system by ssh shell and do [ cd /share/*/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer ], [ rm UPDATE ] and [ ./LogitechMediaServer.sh restart ] .

You're LogitechMediaServer installation wont start, then there are two options. The first Log-on to you’re Qnap system by ssh shell and do [ cd /share/*/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer ], [ ./LogitechMediaServer.sh stop ] and [ ./LogitechMediaServer.sh failsafe ] . ( it will start LogitechMediaServer without loading the plug-ins, so you can fix or remove any plug-in causing the trouble)
    The second way, if Log-on to you’re Qnap system by ssh shell and do [ cd /share/*/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer ], [ touch FAILSAFE ] and [ ./LogitechMediaServer.sh restart ]. ( also will then start with loading any plug-in, and will keeping doning this until you remove the file FAILSAFE)
    Stopping it, do Log-on to you’re Qnap system by ssh shell and do [ cd /share/*/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer ], [ rm FAILSAFE ] and [ ./LogitechMediaServer.sh restart ].
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Change log version 1.01a +++++++++++++++++++++++++
    * Add logfile function. It will write a logfile in the root directory of LogitechMediaServer.
    ( Can be very usefull and startup errors. )
    * Add more error options in the init-script, to get a better idea i`ve something goes wrong with the startup.
    * Upgraded LMS to nightly build Logitech Media Server Versie: 7.9.1 - 1511211491 @ Tue Nov 21 08:03:08 UTC 2017.
    ( To be sure that Spotty and YouTube support works. )
    * In version 1.01 there was a error, witch made LMS not startup from the appstore. In version 1.01a this is fixed.
    ================================================== ================================

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Last edited by digimaster; 2018-04-20 at 01:02. Reason: new release

maintainer of QLogitechMediaServer, QOptware-NG and QAutoSub.

Qnap TS-453a, with LogitechMediaSever 7.9.1 ( with spotty and youtube )
    Several raspberry with hifiberry amp+ and picoreplayer.
    Love logitechmediaserver for it flexibel way, to play music from different sources.

Is this a normal app for QNAP or a container thingy?

Quote Originally Posted by Zombie View Post
    Is this a normal app for QNAP or a container thingy?
    A normal app.

Love logitechmediaserver for it flexibel way, to play music from different sources.

New release of LogitechMediaServer for Qnap x86_64 version 1.0

Qnap LogitechMediaServer x86_64 version 1.0a

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Change log version 1.0a +++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Here it is the first officieel release of LogitechMediaServer for QNap x86_64 and QTS 4.2 or higher.
    * Check the serval script, and cleaned them up a bit
    * In version 1.0 there was a error on initscript, fixed and changed to version 1.0a
    * Spotty, Radio Paradiso and YouTube are supported. :-0
    * Runs on QNAP with QTS 4.2 or higher. ( tested on QTS 4.3.3 )
    * LMS will be installed in its orgineel way, like its suppled by the developers.
    * No need for a Optware/Entware to be installed.
    ( But a Optware/Entware, can add options like lame support, or add extra or better audio support. )
    * LMS is upgradeble, place logitechmediaserverXXXX.tgz in de Download share of the QNap. And restart the LMS. stop and start lms through the QNap app store )
    * Be aware, it some times can take some time, before the webgui is available. Especially when it needs to install serval plugins, or old prefs are copied in the slimserver directory.

Included Software :

Logitech Media Server Versie: 7.9.1 - 1503129892 @ Sat Aug 19 08:59:02 UTC 2017
    Perl 5.24.0
    Mozilla-CA-20160104
    Net-SSLeay-1.82 ( build with openssl-1.0.2m )
    IO-Socket-SSL-2.052
    JSON-2.90

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Qnap LogitechMediaServer x86_64 version 1.0a
    Last edited by digimaster; 2017-11-26 at 14:01.

Hi. I have just installed the LMS on my Qnap 451. Works perfectly . Thanks a lot for providing this QPKD.

But I have a small question. How can I restart the server for making an update ?

Thanks a lot for your reply.

Excellent initiative! This will fill a very huge gap!
    I will try it for sure: I'm currently struggling between maintaining my current ailing installation via SSOTS and a new installation via Container, which seems OK but on which I cannot manage to have spotty working.
    However, before giving it a try, I'd like to ask a couple of questions:
    I definitely need ShairTunes2W, which in turn needs Crypt::OpensSSL::Bignum, Crypt::OpenSSL:Random and Crypt::OpenSSL::RSA. Are these installed in your QPKG?
    Also, I have made many changes to the basic preferences both of the LMS server and of each of the players. Do you know if there is an easy way to copy/paste preferences (I suppose copying some files) from the old LMS to the new installed one?

You can stop en start LogitechMediaServer form the app store, through the webgiu from QNap.
    Or logon through shh shell, and them do [ [cd /share/*/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer/ ], [ ./LogitechMediaServer.sh restart ] and then exit to logout.
    Be aware it will take a few minutes, before you can use LogitechMediaServer through the webgui again, as the update has to be handled.

QUOTE=Caladan;900245]Hi. I have just installed the LMS on my Qnap 451. Works perfectly . Thanks a lot for providing this QPKD.

But I have a small question. How can I restart the server for making an update ?

Thanks a lot for your reply.[/QUOTE]

Tried if ShairTunes2W, but it wont load the plugin.
    So no at the moment its not working, so have to look in to this.
    I needed to know which perl modules are need to make it work.

So maybe to make it work in future releases.

Quote Originally Posted by scala View Post
    Excellent initiative! This will fill a very huge gap!
    I will try it for sure: I'm currently struggling between maintaining my current ailing installation via SSOTS and a new installation via Container, which seems OK but on which I cannot manage to have spotty working.
    However, before giving it a try, I'd like to ask a couple of questions:
    I definitely need ShairTunes2W, which in turn needs Crypt::OpensSSL::Bignum, Crypt::OpenSSL:Random and Crypt::OpenSSL::RSA. Are these installed in your QPKG?
    Also, I have made many changes to the basic preferences both of the LMS server and of each of the players. Do you know if there is an easy way to copy/paste preferences (I suppose copying some files) from the old LMS to the new installed one?

Great work. Just installed the latest (after using the beta for the last while) on my 469L and everything seems generally fine.

Thanks for your hard work!
    Cheers!

Glad to hear its working on you`re QNap.
    Lucky that LMS is running on QNap again, and integrated in the operation systems off QNap.

Next version will be a update of LMS to the latest version of LMS nightly build.
    Also working on a way, the init script, will make a log to keep track of any errors, should the be there.

Quote Originally Posted by eduardoo View Post
    Great work. Just installed the latest (after using the beta for the last while) on my 469L and everything seems generally fine.

Thanks for your hard work!
    Cheers!