Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Why am I doing this

Valid question, why am I going to all this trouble when I have a SB2? I have a very high end audiophile system and a large collection of 24/96 and 24/192 files. Also I recently purchased a state if the art DAC. Then I discovered that SB2 limits the output to 48k in spite of the fact that it shows 24/96 on the display! That seems really stupid. If I cant get Squeezelite to work I will purchase JRiver. I appreciate everyones help so far.

Can you can get audio output from any Windows application through the DAC attached via USB to the PC ?

If not, then it is likely that JRiver will have the same problem.

Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    Can you can get audio output from any Windows application through the DAC attached via USB to the PC ?

If not, then it is likely that JRiver will have the same problem.
    No. My problem right now (I think) is that I can't get the Windows 10 PC to see the DAC that is connected to a USB port as an audio device. My PC sees the DAC and indicates that the driver is inactive. I have executed the driver .exe file that was given to me by the DAC manufacturer but when I tell Windows Device Manager to update the driver and point it to the folder where I installed the drive I get a message back - driver not found!

Quote Originally Posted by rogingat View Post
    No. My problem right now (I think) is that I can't get the Windows 10 PC to see the DAC that is connected to a USB port as an audio device. My PC sees the DAC and indicates that the driver is inactive. I have executed the driver .exe file that was given to me by the DAC manufacturer but when I tell Windows Device Manager to update the driver and point it to the folder where I installed the drive I get a message back - driver not found!
    I don;t use WIn 10 but it is very very likely that until driver issue is sorted no Windows applicaiton will be able to play through the DAC.

If you give full details of the DAC (i.e. vendor, model, etc) perhaps there may be a LMS user who has the same DAC or alternatively be able to offer a more detailed suggestion rather than just basic "update the driver" as a result of experience with other troublesome DACs.

Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    I don;t use WIn 10 but it is very very likely that until driver issue is sorted no Windows applicaiton will be able to play through the DAC.

If you give full details of the DAC (i.e. vendor, model, etc) perhaps there may be a LMS user who has the same DAC or alternatively be able to offer a more detailed suggestion rather than just basic "update the driver" as a result of experience with other troublesome DACs.
    I am an audiophile equipment reviewer. The DAC I am dealing with is so new there are only 30 units on the planet. I am hoping the manufacturer will come up with support later tonight as they are on the other side of the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by rogingat View Post
    I am an audiophile equipment reviewer. The DAC I am dealing with is so new there are only 30 units on the planet. I am hoping the manufacturer will come up with support later tonight as they are on the other side of the planet.
    Not a great start to a review when there are problems using a common OS.

Many DACs use the same USB interface & DACs chips so and so if the chips details are available then suggestions may be possible as drivers interface with these chips

Itĺs often not necessary to install any drivers.
    Is the USB listed as available - possibly as USB Audio Codec - in Audio Mixer on W10?

Right click on the Speaker icon at bottom right and look for Output Devices
    VB2.4 storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
    Living Room - Joggler & SB3 -> Onkyo TS606 -> Celestion F20s
    Office - Pi3+Sreen -> Sony TAFE320 -> Celestion F10s / Pi2+DAC & SB3 -> Onkyo CRN755 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
    Dining Room -> SB Boom
    Kitchen -> UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
    Bedroom (Bedside) - Pi2+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
    Bedroom (TV) - SB Touch ->Sherwood AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s
    Everything controlled by iPeng