Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jackisidore
    • Oct 2009

macOS High Sierra 10.13.1

Upgraded macOS to 10.13.1 and to my surprise Spotty didn't work. Disabled the Firewall to check if the firewall is blocking spotty. Stopped and started LMS and now LMS is reset to default and rescanning my library.

Maybe I should have waited longer before upgrading to High Sierra. The first try (10.13.0) resulted in a non bootable disc and restoring everything from TimeMachine.

Grrrr
  • mherger
    Babelfish's Best Boy
    • Apr 2005

> Upgraded macOS to 10.13.1 and to my surprise Spotty didn't work.

Working fine here on 10.13.2 beta. How does it fail? Check the
    server.log file.

--

Michael
    Michael

"It doesn't work - what shall I do?" - "Please check your server.log and/or scanner.log file!"
    (LMS: Settings/Information)

Comment

• Jackisidore
      • Oct 2009

No idea. It triggered a full rescan and I had to reinstall the plugins. The preferences files are not lost. Maybe a new perl version? It's now at perl5.18 if I remember correctly it was 5.12

I do see this in server.log
      [17-11-05 17:45:41.1467] Log::Log4perl::Logger::and_die (868) Warning: FATAL: There is already another copy of the Logitech Media Server running on this machine. (Address already in use) at /Library/PreferencePanes/Squeezebox.prefPane/Contents/server/lib/Log/Log4perl/Logger.pm line 900
      After a restart it doesn't show again

It's working again. I never had a smooth Mac OS upgrade, maybe just bad luck

Comment

• mherger
        Babelfish's Best Boy
        • Apr 2005

> No idea. It triggered a full rescan and I had to reinstall the plugins.
        > The preferences files are not lost. Maybe a new perl version? It's now
        > at perl5.18 if I remember correctly it was 5.12

Perl has been at 5.18 for at least three or four macOS versions.

--

Michael
        Michael

"It doesn't work - what shall I do?" - "Please check your server.log and/or scanner.log file!"
        (LMS: Settings/Information)

Comment

Working...