Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks for your reply.
    Quote Originally Posted by Roland0 View Post
    If this doesn't work, the most likely cause is that your perl installation isn't SSL enabled. You wrote that you installed the relevant perl modules - how did you do that?
    Well, it must be something to do with this.
    Yes, I installed the relevant perl modules using a guide you had linked to previously. I will have to revisit that and install them again as it appears that they haven't persisted, maybe an upgrade to the ReadyNAS OS got rid of them? Alternatively, before I attempt to re-install them, I will have a dig around via SSH and see if I can locate the modules from the last install though, because I am not sure what I am looking for, that may just be a fruitless task.

Thanks for the screenshots. I do not see any of that at all. After pasting in your repo URL, hitting Apply or just hitting enter, the screen refreshes but there are no changes.

🤞 it is just something to do with SSL, I will investigate and post back here later.

UPDATE: Got it installed and working...

As a result of my actions possibly corrupting a database that LMS and TrackStat use (see this thread), I ended up having to reinstall LMS and decided to install 7.9.3 instead of 7.9.0.

I then SSH'd into the NAS to verify that perl was SSL enabled even though I had done it once before to install extGUI4LMS by using the same commands:
    Code:
    sudo apt install libio-socket-ssl-perl
    that didn't work because got the result
    -bash: sudo: command not found
    some googling yielded
    Code:
    su -
    apt-get install sudo -y
    to fix that and was then able to run
    sudo apt install libio-socket-ssl-perl

but perhaps it was all for nothing since the result was
    libio-socket-ssl-perl is already the newest version (2.002-2+deb8u3).

so 🤔 go figure...

Anyway, as it was a fresh install of LMS, I then had to install extGUI4LMS before attempting LMS Playlist Editor but both went as they should and you described.

I can access it via the link in the LMS webgui. Have had a little play around with it all, the only thing that doesn't appear to work is the filters, which are greyed out.

Thanks for your patience in trying to help me out, hope the information above may assist anyone else trying to get this to work.

Quote Originally Posted by SangSomBucket View Post
    Anyway, as it was a fresh install of LMS, I then had to install extGUI4LMS before attempting LMS Playlist Editor but both went as they should and you described.
    I can access it via the link in the LMS webgui. Have had a little play around with it all, the only thing that doesn't appear to work is the filters, which are greyed out.
    Have you enabled the filter(s) you want to use?
    Name:  lmsplsfilt.png
Views: 28
Size:  3.8 KB
    Various SW: Web Interface | Playlist Editor / Generator | Music Classification | Similar Music | Announce | EventTrigger | LMSlib2go | ...
    Various HowTos: build a self-contained LMS | Bluetooth/ALSA | Control LMS with any device | ...

Ah, I don't see the checkboxes.
    Name:  Screenshot 2020-07-11 at 12.29.01.png
Views: 26
Size:  8.4 KB
    If I click on them, they come into play. Thanks.