Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 51 of 60 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 ... LastLast
Results 501 to 510 of 592
  1. #501
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Northampton, UK
    Posts
    287
    Even with piCorePlayer LMS:

    There are, every so often, bouts of rebuffering.

    Also, playback just stops for a while, with no 'rebuffering' message shown - although this may follow a recent rebuffer.

    I just had this sort of discontinuity followed by a Bill interruption.

    And, Bill's interruptions do seem loud lately; the last one (the interruption) actually sounded a little distorted.
    Last edited by Furry; 2018-09-13 at 02:11.
    Living room: piCorePlayer, with USB to Marantz PM7005, TDL RTL3 speakers.
    Dining room: SB Boom.
    Kitchen: SB Radio 1/4 with battery.
    Bedroom 1: SB Radio 2/4 no battery, SB Radio 3/4 with battery.
    Bedroom 2: SB Touch, AE 2.1. speakers.
    Bedroom 3: Slim Devices SB3 2/2, Edirol MA-15D powered monitors.
    Bathroom: SB Radio 4/4, white, with (and running on) battery.
    Server: LMS v7.9.2 on piCorePlayer on RPi 3.

  2. #502
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by Furry View Post
    Even with piCorePlayer LMS:

    There are, every so often, bouts of rebuffering.

    Also, playback just stops for a while, with no 'rebuffering' message shown - although this may follow a recent rebuffer.

    I just had this sort of discontinuity followed by a Bill interruption.

    And, Bill's interruptions do seem loud lately; the last one (the interruption) actually sounded a little distorted.
    Hi - I also have the same issue, even with LMS (latest version) running on a RPi. There should be a log attached and I just had a random restart. It was 15:52 and something was playing (sorry can't remember what) and it stopped half way through, there was then a short Rebecca announcement and then Black Rebel Motorcycle Club started. I'd guess that it does this restart thing every handful of songs (sometimes 2 or 3, sometimes maybe 7 or 8).

    Hope this makes a bit of sense and there's some consistency with Furry's situation. I have LMS on a RPi, we have great (200mb/s) broadband, all hard wired, decent ASUS router.

    cheers
    Phil
    Attached Files Attached Files

  3. #503
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    12

    PSD failure log

    Thanks and sorry for the delay in responding!

    Please see attached log file.

    I am using the FLAC stream (radioparadise://4.flac).

    Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    > In the log I see:

    Could you please set logging for plugin.radioparadise to DEBUG, then try
    again and upload the full server.log.zip?

    Which stream are you using?
    --

    Michael
    Attached Files Attached Files

  4. #504
    Babelfish's Best Boy mherger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    20,172

    [Announce] Radio Paradise LosslessStreaming (Plugin v2)

    > I am using the FLAC stream (radioparadise://4.flac).

    Ok, I can confirm that PSD is somehow defunct. But you can hit FWD
    instead to skip to the next track in the stream?

    --

    Michael

  5. #505
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by philsparks View Post
    Hi - I also have the same issue, even with LMS (latest version) running on a RPi. There should be a log attached and I just had a random restart. It was 15:52 and something was playing (sorry can't remember what) and it stopped half way through, there was then a short Rebecca announcement and then Black Rebel Motorcycle Club started. I'd guess that it does this restart thing every handful of songs (sometimes 2 or 3, sometimes maybe 7 or 8).

    Hope this makes a bit of sense and there's some consistency with Furry's situation. I have LMS on a RPi, we have great (200mb/s) broadband, all hard wired, decent ASUS router.

    cheers
    Phil
    Just had another "jump". at 11:05, log attached from just after this point). It was playing quite nicely, then suddenly switched mid track to a Bill announcement and started playing John Lee Hooker, I Ain't Gonna Suffer. As before I have LMS sitting on a R Pi 3, a couple of RPi players and a Touch too. I get the jumps with all 3 players.


    One thought I had is whether this might be in some way related to the difference between the Flac stream and the regular Web stream. I noticed when first listening to the flac stream this morning that it's around 30mins ahead of the webstream. i.e. what I hear on the flac stream now will arrive on the webstream (or 320kbs stream) around 30mins later.
    Attached Files Attached Files

  6. #506
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Northampton, UK
    Posts
    287
    Quote Originally Posted by philsparks View Post
    As before I have LMS sitting on a R Pi 3, a couple of RPi players and a Touch too. I get the jumps with all 3 players.
    I have changed LMS from Windows to the piCorePlayer's LMS on RPi3, and using the piCorePlayer instead of Touch, and now I don't have the skipping/interrupting problems on RP anymore.

    I can also sync a Radio to the piCorePlayer with no problems.

    All are operating on WiFi.

    Are you running LMS on piCorePlayer on your RPi3, or some other Linux?
    Living room: piCorePlayer, with USB to Marantz PM7005, TDL RTL3 speakers.
    Dining room: SB Boom.
    Kitchen: SB Radio 1/4 with battery.
    Bedroom 1: SB Radio 2/4 no battery, SB Radio 3/4 with battery.
    Bedroom 2: SB Touch, AE 2.1. speakers.
    Bedroom 3: Slim Devices SB3 2/2, Edirol MA-15D powered monitors.
    Bathroom: SB Radio 4/4, white, with (and running on) battery.
    Server: LMS v7.9.2 on piCorePlayer on RPi 3.

  7. #507
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by Furry View Post
    I have changed LMS from Windows to the piCorePlayer's LMS on RPi3, and using the piCorePlayer instead of Touch, and now I don't have the skipping/interrupting problems on RP anymore.

    I can also sync a Radio to the piCorePlayer with no problems.

    All are operating on WiFi.

    Are you running LMS on piCorePlayer on your RPi3, or some other Linux?

    I used to run LMS on a WHS-2011 server, and had jumps all the time.

    I shifted LMS to run on a RPi-3, latest version etc and uninstalled it from the WHS. There are definitely less jumps and restarts, but I do still get them every few songs, sometimes less often (say 10 songs) but it hasn't gone away totally. It's a fully wired network with decent 200mb/s broadband. The WHS is still running as that's where all my Flac music sits. It's weird.

  8. #508
    Babelfish's Best Boy mherger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    20,172

    [Announce] Radio Paradise LosslessStreaming (Plugin v2)

    > I shifted LMS to run on a RPi-3, latest version etc and uninstalled it
    > from the WHS. There are definitely less jumps and restarts, but I do
    > still get them every few songs, sometimes less often (say 10 songs) but
    > it hasn't gone away totally. It's a fully wired network with decent
    > 200mb/s broadband. The WHS is still running as that's where all my Flac
    > music sits. It's weird.


    I'm sorry I'm not of much help... but last weekend I let it play
    overnight. And in the morning it was still about 1 track behind the
    "regular" stream as it was when I started it. And while I was listening
    to it I didn't encounter any hiccup whatsoever :-/. But I can confirm
    that internet connectivity can be a problem. It's not only raw speed.
    But at the office, where I'm sharing my 10Mbps with up to five people, I
    can hardly listen to RP lossless.

    --

    Michael

  9. #509
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Northampton, UK
    Posts
    287
    Quote Originally Posted by philsparks View Post
    I shifted LMS to run on a RPi-3, latest version etc
    Maybe try running piCorePlayer on the RPi, using LMS on that?
    Living room: piCorePlayer, with USB to Marantz PM7005, TDL RTL3 speakers.
    Dining room: SB Boom.
    Kitchen: SB Radio 1/4 with battery.
    Bedroom 1: SB Radio 2/4 no battery, SB Radio 3/4 with battery.
    Bedroom 2: SB Touch, AE 2.1. speakers.
    Bedroom 3: Slim Devices SB3 2/2, Edirol MA-15D powered monitors.
    Bathroom: SB Radio 4/4, white, with (and running on) battery.
    Server: LMS v7.9.2 on piCorePlayer on RPi 3.

  10. #510
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by Furry View Post
    Maybe try running piCorePlayer on the RPi, using LMS on that?
    sorry, I didn't make it clear, that's exactly what I have. I bought the RPi-3 solely to see if I could get Flac Paradise working. It's better than with WHS but still not right. I'd be surprised if it's the internet connectivity as everything else (Netflix, BBCiplayer, kids gaming, etc all work perfectly), and audio requires so much less than HD video. I suspect there's just something weird with the set up that it's asking for tracks 30mins out from the webstream. Perhaps it's the other way round, that the internet is too good? [also as an aside if I run the flac stream on a phone connected to wifi in the house it works perfectly]

    Are there any settings on the plug in that could influence it, e.g. size of buffer etc. Or any other settings on picoreplayer that would have an influence.


    thanks for the help, it's a shame if I can't get it to work, the 320kb/s stream is good, but flac is definitely better.

    cheers
    Phil

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •