Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 108 of 112 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108109110 ... LastLast
Results 1,071 to 1,080 of 1112

RP on lms

I have only recently found RP and would like to be able to plsy the FLAC stream. I added the link "http://stream.radioparadise.com/flac" to my favourites at mysqbox but the SQBox radio shows an error "can't open file" after a very short time.
    Anyone here got any suggestions, please !
    CheersCD

[Announce] Radio Paradise LosslessStreaming (Plugin v2)

> I have only recently found RP and would like to be able to plsy the FLAC
    > stream. I added the link "http://stream.radioparadise.com/flac" to my
    > favourites at mysqbox but the SQBox radio shows an error "can't open
    > file" after a very short time.

Did you try the plugin this thread is about?

--

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by doobre View Post
    I have only recently found RP and would like to be able to plsy the FLAC stream. I added the link "http://stream.radioparadise.com/flac" to my favourites at mysqbox but the SQBox radio shows an error "can't open file" after a very short time.
    CheersCD
    Hi, you're where I was at 18 months ago. The plugin Michael refers to is for use with a Logitech Music Server (LMS). LMS is a software application that runs on a variety of hardware including Mac and Windows. Many of us run LMS on old Macs or PCs, it can also house your music library.

If you are just wanting to use my squeezebox only, I haven't found a way to make the FLAC steams work but the 320 AAC are very good..plus they send the album info and artwork where FLAC doesn't (or at least to not used to).

I just bumped into this same problem as I moved and haven't set up my LMS hardware yet and was scratching my head while FLAC streams weren't playing.

Confused

Hello All

I just found this thread & thought I would have a go at getting RP to work. I have LMS running on Windows on my network.
    I have never used mySqueezebox nor have I downloaded the plugin this thread is about.

I went to my Touch > Radio > Staff Picks > Michaels Favorites> Radio Paradise and it plays fine!

So I am confused? Why do I need this plugin? Is it to get Flac only?
    Can somebody enlighten me?

Please be gentle I am a radio virgin.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeddie View Post
    Hello All

I just found this thread & thought I would have a go at getting RP to work. I have LMS running on Windows on my network.
    I have never used mySqueezebox nor have I downloaded the plugin this thread is about.

I went to my Touch > Radio > Staff Picks > Michaels Favorites> Radio Paradise and it plays fine!

if you don’t need the FLAC stream, you don’t need the plugin.
    Home: VBA 4TB (2.5)>LMS 7.9.2>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: VBA 3TB (2.4)>LMS 7.9.1>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (ethernet, Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win10(64)>LMS 7.9.2>Squeezelite
    The Wild (no internet): PiCorePlayer 4.0 on rPi 3B+, hifiberry Dac+Pro, 4TB USB (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64) laptop
    Files: ripping: dbpa > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes; Streaming: Spotify

Quote Originally Posted by Jeddie View Post
    Hello All

If you are happy with 128k mp3 and only one of the 4 mixes provided by Radio Paradise you don't need the plugin. The plugin gives access to higher quality FLAC and AAC streams and Main, Mellow, Rock and Eclectic mixes. It can also allow skipping tracks. Give it a try.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    If you are happy with 128k mp3 and only one of the 4 mixes provided by Radio Paradise you don't need the plugin. The plugin gives access to higher quality FLAC and AAC streams and Main, Mellow, Rock and Eclectic mixes. It can also allow skipping tracks. Give it a try.

I forgot about the additional streams. Good point. But one is not limited to 128k without the plugin. Without the plugin one can stream 320 AAC or MP3 or 192 AAC or 192 MP3. I’ve saved all these streams as favorites in LMS.

Go to radioparadise.com and you can copy all the appropriate stream url links for these higher bit rate streams (all of them other than FLAC).

EDIT. actually just looking you can get all the various mixes at up to 320k AAC without the plugin. See links here. Simply save url and add as favorite in LMS.

https://radioparadise.com/listen/stream-links
    Last edited by garym; 2019-10-11 at 01:09.
    Home: VBA 4TB (2.5)>LMS 7.9.2>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: VBA 3TB (2.4)>LMS 7.9.1>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (ethernet, Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win10(64)>LMS 7.9.2>Squeezelite
    The Wild (no internet): PiCorePlayer 4.0 on rPi 3B+, hifiberry Dac+Pro, 4TB USB (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64) laptop
    Files: ripping: dbpa > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes; Streaming: Spotify

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    I forgot about the additional streams. Good point. But one is not limited to 128k without the plugin. Without the plugin one can stream 320 MP3 or 192 AAC or 192 MP3. I’ve saved all these streams as favorites in LMS.

Go to radioparadise.com and you can copy all the appropriate stream url links for these higher bit rate streams (all of them other than FLAC).

EDIT. actually just looking you can get all the various mixes at up to 320k AAC without the plugin. See links here. Simply save url and add as favorite in LMS.

https://radioparadise.com/listen/stream-links
    You can get access to aac streams without the plugin but not the way the OP is accessing it. I also used 320k aac streams before the plugin existed but now it does exist it is much easier to use it.

[solved] update LMS to 7.7.7 and install the RP plugin

Quote Originally Posted by doobre View Post
    CheersCD
    [solved] update LMS to 7.7.7 and install the RP plugin

Stream stops then goes back to earlier song

I have version 2.5 of the Radio Paradise plugin and LMS 7.9.1. I've been noticing a bug lately: eventually the stream stops and the player says "rebuffering". Sometimes it picks up where it left off, but eventually it always goes back to an earlier song, I think the song that was playing when I started the stream. If I switch my device to play something else and then go back to Radio Paradise, it's OK again, that is until it does that the next time. Is this a known issue?
    Andy

LMS 7.9.1 on macOS High Sierra
    Device: Transporter