Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 107 of 129 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107108109117 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 1287
    Quote Originally Posted by Redrum View Post
    It's funny. I posted that last week after others had issues, and I experienced them as well. Since then (have not tried it today), I played the mellow, regular, and rock (regular) streams most of the weekend, and I was in listening range (most of the time), they all played fine all day, for days. One thing that was common to all that time, no one else was using the network, the touch had it all to itself.

I had thought in the past, and continue to think (just a guess/theory) that these streams are less forgiving to network/isp interruptions/bandwidth/exceptions, that is, they stumble more easily and don't resume gracefully. Example - maybe a 128kbps - 320kbps standard internet stream just rebuffers, then continues, an these streams do not handle it as gracefully. That is my theory assuming the RP side is working fine.

At my current location I have an old pc with little memory, crappy dsl (10mbps down, 1-2 up, provider is notorious) and everything is on wifi (rpi server connected to router though). It's easy for one activity to choke another here, so you could say this is a good test system for my theory

Having said all of that, the streams sound wonderful. I don't want my appreciation to Michael's and others efforts in integrating these into SB to get lost by noting the hiccups that occur. I am not whining They are very livable for me.

One last thing, I have only ever seen the "go back to a previous song" on the interactive streams, which makes sense I guess.

Jim
    I just skipped past the problematic tracks to what turned out to be the final track in a segment and since then no issues. Only 20 or 25 minutes but a whole segment has now played continuously.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by cfuttrup View Post
    Hi there - how does this work?

Yesterday I installed the plugin in LMS. I cannot find any app on the player, but loading LMS I find Radio Paradise listed alongside with TIDAL.

When I play (Mellow Mix Regular Stream FLAC) no sound is occuring. I go to the player and it's loading a stream ("Getting Stream Info..."). I push play on the player and it complains a file is missing. I push play in LMS and it flicks for a second, it shows a cover and the Panini Pua Kea title etc, but then reverts to showing the RP logo. No music.

Please let me know what I'm doing wrong.

Best regards,
    Claus
    Hi there - my RP plugin still doesn't play.

Today I read the first handful and last handful of pages in this thread ... but I feel a bit worried if I'd have to read all 100+ pages to find the solution. What i found was mherger mentioning a module, and referring to another thread (on Spottify), let me reiterate here:

1. Log on as root
    2. cd /etc/apt
    3. vi sources.list
    4. Google how to use vi editor in unix ( i.e. https://www.ccsf.edu/Pub/Fac/vi.html )
    5. Remove # sign at the beginning of this line: # deb http://archive.debian.org/debian etch main ( uncomment line )
    6. save

7. apt-get update
    8. apt-get install libio-socket-ssl-perl

I logged onto my NAS, went into /etc ... but the apt subdirectory doesn't exist. I searched the entire drive for a file named sources.list, but didn't find any. Also "apt-get" is not a command, so I don't know how to install the libio-socket-ssl-perl ...

Can someone please let me know if these instructions are still valid? (They're from 2017).

I have LMS 7.9.1 - 1504317335 (4th september 2017) running on a Synology DS415+ NAS.
    The player is piCorePlayer 5.0.0 on a Raspberry Pi 3 B+ with Squeezelite, Touch display with Jivelite and a DAC from Orchard Audio.
    TIDAL is installed an running... but I haven't found a music stream. I'd like RP up and running.
    Buffer size in piCorePlayer is blank. I've specified 4 max sample rates, and normal 44.1 kHz is not one of them, forcing SoX to upsample.

/Claus
    Last edited by cfuttrup; 2019-09-18 at 12:44. Reason: Adding information

As a follow-up to the previous post, here's what the error message on the screen says (photo):
    Name:  Radio_Paradise_Plugin_Error_Message.jpg
Views: 311
Size:  130.1 KB
    /Claus

Hi there - my RP plugin still doesn't play.

Today I read the first handful and last handful of pages in this thread ... but I feel a bit worried if I'd have to read all 100+ pages to find the solution. What i found was mherger mentioning a module, and referring to another thread (on Spottify), let me reiterate here:

1. Log on as root
    2. cd /etc/apt
    3. vi sources.list
    4. Google how to use vi editor in unix ( i.e. https://www.ccsf.edu/Pub/Fac/vi.html )
    5. Remove # sign at the beginning of this line: # deb http://archive.debian.org/debian etch main ( uncomment line )
    6. save

7. apt-get update
    8. apt-get install libio-socket-ssl-perl

I logged onto my NAS, went into /etc ... but the apt subdirectory doesn't exist. I searched the entire drive for a file named sources.list, but didn't find any. Also "apt-get" is not a command, so I don't know how to install the libio-socket-ssl-perl ...

Can someone please let me know if these instructions are still valid? (They're from 2017).

I have LMS 7.9.1 - 1504317335 (4th september 2017) running on a Synology DS415+ NAS.
    The player is piCorePlayer 5.0.0 on a Raspberry Pi 3 B+ with Squeezelite, Touch display with Jivelite and a DAC from Orchard Audio.
    TIDAL is installed an running... but I haven't found a music stream. I'd like RP up and running.
    Buffer size in piCorePlayer is blank. I've specified 4 max sample rates, and normal 44.1 kHz is not one of them, forcing SoX to upsample.

/Claus
    I think you need to use ipkg on a Synology NAS instead of apt-get. This might help
    https://community.synology.com/enu/forum/1/post/127148
    Hopefully someone who knows about Synology will see your post but I think if ipkg is installed then you can install IO:Socket:SSL.

You shouldn't need to fiddle with the Synology's internals. Just make sure you updated it to the latest DSM. Then install pinkdot's 7.9.2 package for Synology (see https://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?108960). It's what I'm running myself.
    Michael

http://www.herger.net/slim-plugins - Spotty, MusicArtistInfo

It's funny. I posted that last week after others had issues, and I experienced them as well. Since then (have not tried it today), I played the mellow, regular, and rock (regular) streams most of the weekend, and I was in listening range (most of the time), they all played fine all day, for days. One thing that was common to all that time, no one else was using the network, the touch had it all to itself.

I had thought in the past, and continue to think (just a guess/theory) that these streams are less forgiving to network/isp interruptions/bandwidth/exceptions, that is, they stumble more easily and don't resume gracefully. Example - maybe a 128kbps - 320kbps standard internet stream just rebuffers, then continues, an these streams do not handle it as gracefully. That is my theory assuming the RP side is working fine.

At my current location I have an old pc with little memory, crappy dsl (10mbps down, 1-2 up, provider is notorious) and everything is on wifi (rpi server connected to router though). It's easy for one activity to choke another here, so you could say this is a good test system for my theory

Having said all of that, the streams sound wonderful. I don't want my appreciation to Michael's and others efforts in integrating these into SB to get lost by noting the hiccups that occur. I am not whining They are very livable for me.

One last thing, I have only ever seen the "go back to a previous song" on the interactive streams, which makes sense I guess.

Jim
    Just tried the main interactive FLAC stream again today and experienced the same issues. A few gaps in a track and then a larger gap, rebuffering failure and return to the start of the segment.

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    Just tried the main interactive FLAC stream again today and experienced the same issues. A few gaps in a track and then a larger gap, rebuffering failure and return to the start of the segment.

After reading this message I fired up the same stream, and have had it playing since slartibartfast's post. It played fairly well, but "rebuffered" and recovered twice, then, during an Enya song, it rebuffered, stuck at 20%, then "rebuffer failed" then when back 3 songs to a weezer song. Since then it got back to the enya song, rebuffered once, but recovered. This is the exact same experience I had previously a while back (the fail, back 3 songs, then stumble and recover in the same song that had failed).

I wounder if it could be something specific to the data (block of songs)?

Jim

After reading this message I fired up the same stream, and have had it playing since slartibartfast's post. It played fairly well, but "rebuffered" and recovered twice, then, during an Enya song, it rebuffered, stuck at 20%, then "rebuffer failed" then when back 3 songs to a weezer song. Since then it got back to the enya song, rebuffered once, but recovered. This is the exact same experience I had previously a while back (the fail, back 3 songs, then stumble and recover in the same song that had failed).

I wounder if it could be something specific to the data (block of songs)?

Jim
    It could be something strange with certain blocks. When I skipped forward to the next block a couple of days ago the next block played faultlessly. The block you played today was probably a different block to mine though. I seem to remember Pearl Jam, Tom Waits, Little Richard and Custer.

Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    You shouldn't need to fiddle with the Synology's internals. Just make sure you updated it to the latest DSM. Then install pinkdot's 7.9.2 package for Synology (see https://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?108960). It's what I'm running myself.
    Hi Michael

Thanks. That wasn't so hard. The trick is that the standard Synology package doesn't work. One needs the pinkdot version, and following the instructions was easy and LSM was properly updated. Simple and easy, when you know how to ... :-)

/Claus

After all the issues with interactive FLAC streams I thought I would try the regular stream. I have just been listening to Bill's announcement playing over the music and two tracks playing simultaneously. Like a very long crossfade.