Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 39 of 46 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast

[Announce] Radio Paradise LosslessStreaming (Plugin v2)

> First, Thank you for this. It is really a very nice and well integrated
    > product. Everything works for me but for some reason I don't seem to be
    > able to match the current RP Web stream playlist with anything playing
    > using the V2 Flac plugin.

That's a known issue, and absolutely expected behaviour. According to
    Bill the two will always drift off. As I noted in the announcement.

> Not even in the 24 hour playlist. I read that
    > what plays can be delayed 45 minutes. But in this case I am not matching
    > the playing playlist to any sequence for the past 24 hours in the RP
    > website playlist. I must be missing something.

That seems a bit worse than expected behaviour - unless you were
    skipping tracks quite often. That's possible on the FLAC stream, but not
    in the "real time" stream. Otherwise I'm just asking RP what to play,
    and it would tell me (or the plugin) what to play. The plugin does not
    assemble the playlist.

If it's important to you to be in sync with what is going on on RP's web
    player, then you'll have to stick with the lossy streams.

--

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by Sedim View Post
    Hi Michael,
    First, Thank you for this. It is really a very nice and well integrated product. Everything works for me but for some reason I don't seem to be able to match the current RP Web stream playlist with anything playing using the V2.1.2 Flac plugin. Not even in the 24 hour playlist. I read that what plays can be delayed 45 minutes. But in this case I am not matching the playing playlist to any sequence for the past 24 hours in the RP website playlist. I must be missing something.

I have tried combinations of "radioparadise://1.flac", "radioparadise://4.flac" to see if it makes a difference. I have reset everything but to no avail.

Squeezebox Classic
    Player Model: Squeezebox Classic
    Player Type: squeezebox2
    Firmware: 137
    Player IP Address: 192.168.1.16
    Player MAC Address: 00:04:20:07:9e:ac
    Wireless Signal Strength: 81%

Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.1 - 1523349116 @ Tue Apr 10 10:43:42 CEST 2018

It would be great if anyone could shed some light on this?
    So yes, I finally figured out that the stream is actually AHEAD of the playlist (By 4 to 5 songs) published by Radio Paradise on their site. So yes agreed, there will be drifting and that could be also ahead of the published playlist.

Song duration when using FLAC

Hi - It seems that the song duration returned from CLI (songinfo) when using flac is a random very large number. Unfortunately, it is causing issue with my CC & UPnP plugins as some internal of my squeezelite depends on that value.

More precisely I've seen that due to the large buffering made by such CC/UPnP players, the "end of decode" command might be sent to LMS very early (I send it when the stream has been fully transferred to the player).

So the stream request for the next track might start way before the current track finishes, and as consequence, the HTTP connection for the next track might be stalled for a while. Unfortunately, Deezer does not like that and closes the connection. As a workaround, I do not send the "end of decode" untill I'm close enough to the end of the current tracK. I don't like that hack, but Deezer gave me no option. But if the duration is wrong, then, the end of decode is never sent.

[edit]: it seems that this is the same problem with RP and flac. When I request the next track to LMS as soon as everything has been sent to the CC, there is a gap of ~1min between this event and the CC's HTTP request (it buffers a lot). As a result, I get ~5MB streamed from LMS and then it closes the connection, causing quickly after the CC to stop by lack of data.
    Last edited by philippe_44; 2018-04-15 at 16:31.
    LMS 7.7, 7.8 and 7.9 - 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet, 1xTouch, 1 SB2. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, JBL OnBeat, XBoxOne, XBMC, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, JRiver 21, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, , Pi B3, B2, Pi B+, 2xPi A+, Odroid-C1, Odroid-C2, Cubie2, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5

> Hi - It seems that the song duration returned from CLI when using flac
    > is a random very large number.

How do you query it? Using "status" I would get the correct duration. It
    might be larger than expected as RP is sending groups of tracks as one
    chunk. Eg. one "track" as being played could be three actual tracks,
    totalling 10 minutes or more.

Can you give more details, exact query, what you get in return etc.?
    --

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    > Hi - It seems that the song duration returned from CLI when using flac
    > is a random very large number.

How do you query it? Using "status" I would get the correct duration. It
    might be larger than expected as RP is sending groups of tracks as one
    chunk. Eg. one "track" as being played could be three actual tracks,
    totalling 10 minutes or more.

Can you give more details, exact query, what you get in return etc.?
    --

Michael
    It's a songinfo query like that "songinfo 0 10 url:%s tags:cfldatgrKN". Here is a raw response
    Code:
    "id%3A-105182152 title%3ASnake%20Song coverid%3A-105182152 album%3APoet%20-%20a%20tribute%20to%20Townes%20Van%20Zandt duration%3A149000 artist%3AEmmylou%20Harris bitrate%3A737k%20VBR%20FLAC artwork_url%3A%2Fimageproxy%2Fhttps%253A%252F%252Fimg.radioparadise.com%252Fcovers%252Fl%252FB002AF4XMY.jpg%2Fimage.jpg"
    I've seen that in flac mode, RP groups songs by chunks, but the value I got returned is always between 100000 and 300000 (and seems random). I don't know if I make the query too early or what, I do it after LMS has send a "strms" (play). it never happened before with my bridges and on-line streaming and here it's systematic.

The fact that a track is grouped by 3 tracks is fine, as long as the duration is correct, I will still hold the STMd acknoledgement the proper amount of time. I 'll add again the edits I did to my first post as I know you use an email aggregator, so you probably missed them

So the stream request for the next track might start way before the current track finishes, and as consequence, the HTTP connection for the next track might be stalled for a while. Unfortunately, Deezer does not like that and closes the connection. As a workaround, I do not send the "end of decode" untill I'm close enough to the end of the current tracK. I don't like that hack, but Deezer gave me no option. But if the duration is wrong, then, the end of decode is never sent.

[edit]: it seems that this is the same problem with RP and flac. When I request the next track to LMS as soon as everything has been sent to the CC, there is a gap of ~1min between this event and the CC's HTTP request (it buffers a lot). As a result, I get ~5MB streamed from LMS and then it closes the connection, causing quickly after the CC to stop by lack of data.
    LMS 7.7, 7.8 and 7.9 - 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet, 1xTouch, 1 SB2. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, JBL OnBeat, XBoxOne, XBMC, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, JRiver 21, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, , Pi B3, B2, Pi B+, 2xPi A+, Odroid-C1, Odroid-C2, Cubie2, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5

What are you sending as the url in the songinfo query?

Hmm... there's something wrong (or unexpected...) indeed: status would return the overall duration in seconds, while songinfo returns the duration of the currently playing track (as part of the overall chunk) in milliseconds.

Code:
    songinfo 0 10 url%3Aradioparadise%3A%2F%2F4.flac tags%3AcfldatgrKN id%3A-140194102577112 title%3AMiles%20And%20Miles coverid%3A-140194102577112 album%3ATag%20und%20Nacht duration%3A230000 artist%3ASchiller%20(feat.%20Moya%20Brennan) bitrate%3A863k%20VBR%20FLAC artwork_url%3Ahttps%3A%2F%2Fimg.radioparadise.com%2Fcovers%2Fl%2FB000R57W5E.jpg
    status 0 100 player_name%3ASqueezePlay player_connected%3A1 player_ip%3A192.168.0.74%3A61563 power%3A1 signalstrength%3A0 mode%3Aplay remote%3A1 current_title%3APlay%20losslessly%20(FLAC)%20%E2%9D%96 time%3A87.0261481742859 rate%3A1 duration%3A1860.032 mixer%20volume%3A58 playlist%20repeat%3A0 playlist%20shuffle%3A0 playlist%20mode%3Aoff seq_no%3A2 playlist_cur_index%3A0 playlist_timestamp%3A1523856920.08772 playlist_tracks%3A1 digital_volume_control%3A1 remoteMeta%3AHASH(0x7f817c55de40) playlist%20index%3A0 id%3A-140194102577112 title%3AMiles%20And%20Miles buttons%3AHASH(0x7f817c52f9c8)
    Last edited by mherger; 2018-04-15 at 22:39.
    Michael

http://www.herger.net/slim-plugins - Spotty, MusicArtistInfo

I think this is a bug/inconsistency in LMS which is exposed by RP's
    grouping of tracks: songinfo would return the metadata incl. duration
    for the currently playing "song", while status would return the duration
    of the LMS internal track object (which would be several songs), no
    matter what the song's metadata was. And then I don't even know whether
    the behaviour you'd expect (that of the "status" query) was correct or not.

Would you be able to use status instead of songinfo? Otherwise you'd
    have to rely on the user installing whatever LMS version fixes/changes
    the behaviour, at the risk that his inconsistency would break other
    uses, where somebody relies on one or the other behaviour...

--

Michael

I think this is a bug/inconsistency in LMS which is exposed by RP's
    grouping of tracks: songinfo would return the metadata incl. duration
    for the currently playing "song", while status would return the duration
    of the LMS internal track object (which would be several songs), no
    matter what the song's metadata was. And then I don't even know whether
    the behaviour you'd expect (that of the "status" query) was correct or not.

Would you be able to use status instead of songinfo? Otherwise you'd
    have to rely on the user installing whatever LMS version fixes/changes
    the behaviour, at the risk that his inconsistency would break other
    uses, where somebody relies on one or the other behaviour...

--

Michael
    Isn't that the problem of "status" is that it gives me only the currently playing song but what I need is (except when starting) the next song which I can only get using songinfo?
    Last edited by philippe_44; 2018-04-16 at 09:05.

What are you sending as the url in the songinfo query?

Hmm... there's something wrong (or unexpected...) indeed: status would return the overall duration in seconds, while songinfo returns the duration of the currently playing track (as part of the overall chunk) in milliseconds.
    But songinfo normally shows the duration of a track in seconds, right? (floating point representation). So you mean the inconsistency is that RP causes the songinfo to display ms instead of s?

> Isnt't that the problem of "status" is that it gives me only the
    > currently playing song but what I need is (except when starting) the
    > next song which I can only get using songinfo?

If you tell status to return the next X tracks. From the CLI docs:

"The "status" query returns the complete status about a given player,
    including the current playlist. Set the <start> parameter to "-" to get
    the playlist data starting from the current song. "

That said: it wouldn't work for RP, as it's treated as a single,
    changing track (like online radio). But then the same applies to
    songinfo: it would always return the current song metadata for the
    currently playing track (which might be multiple songs).

--

Michael