Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 30383940

[Announce] Radio Paradise LosslessStreaming (Plugin v2)

Am 16.04.18 um 22:11 schrieb philippe_44:
    >
    > mherger wrote:
    >> What are you sending as the url in the songinfo query?
    >>
    >> Hmm... there's something wrong (or unexpected...) indeed: status would
    >> return the overall duration in seconds, while songinfo returns the
    >> duration of the currently playing track (as part of the overall chunk)
    >> in milliseconds.
    >>

> But songinfo normally shows the duration of a track in seconds, right?
    > (floating point representation). So you mean the inconsistency is that
    > RP causes the songinfo to display ms instead of s?

Well, it's inconsistent in multiple ways... the ms issue might be caused
    in my plugin, though.

--

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    > Isnt't that the problem of "status" is that it gives me only the
    > currently playing song but what I need is (except when starting) the
    > next song which I can only get using songinfo?

If you tell status to return the next X tracks. From the CLI docs:

"The "status" query returns the complete status about a given player,
    including the current playlist. Set the <start> parameter to "-" to get
    the playlist data starting from the current song. "

That said: it wouldn't work for RP, as it's treated as a single,
    changing track (like online radio). But then the same applies to
    songinfo: it would always return the current song metadata for the
    currently playing track (which might be multiple songs).

--

Michael
    Understood, I will better explore the status option, I probably misundertood it when I initially did the 1st version of these bridges, a while ago.

Re songinfo, I understand that with RP in flac mode, a track is more than one song.

In my plugin, when a *track* (whatever is a track) is fully sent to a player, then the "end of decode" (STMd) is sent to LMS. In return, a "play new track" (strms) is send by LMS (if any). At this point, I use the CLI to query the playlist and get the "current_track_index + 1" metadata using songinfo and then I can send that to the CC/UPnP player (during initial playback I use the "current_track_index").

I do the same with Deezer (flow): although LMS shows only once "changing" track, this way to get metadata works, it seems that the current_track_index + 1 mode works. The only issue with RP in flac mode is the duration.

But, did I read your previous mail correctly that, in songinfo, even if I get a correct duration value would be returned, it will be the first *song* duration value and not the whole *track* (the multiple songs) value? It seems strange as the duration displayed on the webUI is the whole *track"
    LMS 7.7, 7.8 and 7.9 - 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet, 1xTouch, 1 SB2. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, JBL OnBeat, XBoxOne, XBMC, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, JRiver 21, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, , Pi B3, B2, Pi B+, 2xPi A+, Odroid-C1, Odroid-C2, Cubie2, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5

Quote Originally Posted by philippe_44 View Post
    Understood, I will better explore the status option, I probably misundertood it when I initially did the 1st version of these bridges, a while ago.

Re songinfo, I understand that with RP in flac mode, a track is more than one song.

In my plugin, when a *track* (whatever is a track) is fully sent to a player, then the "end of decode" (STMd) is sent to LMS. In return, a "play new track" (strms) is send by LMS (if any). At this point, I use the CLI to query the playlist and get the "current_track_index + 1" metadata using songinfo and then I can send that to the CC/UPnP player (during initial playback I use the "current_track_index").

I do the same with Deezer (flow): although LMS shows only once "changing" track, this way to get metadata works, it seems that the current_track_index + 1 mode works. The only issue with RP in flac mode is the duration.

But, did I read your previous mail correctly that, in songinfo, even if I get a correct duration value would be returned, it will be the first *song* duration value and not the whole *track* (the multiple songs) value? It seems strange as the duration displayed on the webUI is the whole *track"
    And also, meanwhile, I'm trying to solve the problem of not sending the "end of decode" too early by comparing the amount of streamed bytes, using metadata bitrate (which seems relabily available) and the ms played. When the decoder has finished and these two become too close by N, it means the player is finishing the track, so I can send the request for next track. Same than using the ms played and metadata duration, except that duration is obtained through total streamed bytes and bitrate, which are only available once everything has been streamed from LMS ... contorded (and I hate that) but seems to work.
    LMS 7.7, 7.8 and 7.9 - 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet, 1xTouch, 1 SB2. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, JBL OnBeat, XBoxOne, XBMC, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, JRiver 21, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, , Pi B3, B2, Pi B+, 2xPi A+, Odroid-C1, Odroid-C2, Cubie2, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5

[Announce] Radio Paradise LosslessStreaming (Plugin v2)

> But, did I read your previous mail correctly that, in songinfo, even if
    > I get a correct duration value would be returned, it will be the first
    > *song* duration value and not the whole *track* (the multiple songs)
    > value? It seems strange as the duration displayed on the webUI is the
    > whole *track"

That's exactly one of the inconsistencies: web UI (and the others, fwiw)
    use "status" rather than "songinfo". Status would return the overall
    length, whereas songinfo would return the current song's length.

--

Michael