[Announce] Radio Paradise Lossless Streaming (Plugin v2)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mherger
    Babelfish's Best Boy
    • Apr 2005

[Announce] Radio Paradise LosslessStreaming (Plugin v2)

> After that, I aborted the effort. Server log file can be viewed at this
    > link:
    > https://drive.google.com/open?id=1zc...BPMMn1xNTrZEyV

Crap... and after all the silence I got after the update I thought I had
    finally nailed it :-(. I'll need a way to reproduce this. Thanks for the
    log.

--
    --

Michael
    Michael

"It doesn't work - what shall I do?" - "Please check your server.log and/or scanner.log file!"
    (LMS: Settings/Information)

Comment

• Tony T
      • Nov 2009

Didn't know there was an update. I have a Mac, and need to restart the server when a new plug-in is updated.
      I'll post if I still have skipping.
      Tony
       SBTouch ♪ SBRadio ♬

Comment

• Tony T
        • Nov 2009

Not skipping, but after awhile the Artwork is no longer displayed (only the RP logo)
        If I forward to the next track, I get the Artwork back.
        Rock Mix
        Mac mini
        Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.2 - 1548942599 @ Thu Jan 31 15:15:00 CET 2019
        v2.2.3 plug-in
        Last edited by Tony T; 2019-02-26, 17:13.
        Tony
         SBTouch ♪ SBRadio ♬

Comment

• Redrum
          • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Tony T
          Not skipping, but after awhile the Artwork is no longer displayed (only the RP logo)
          If I forward to the next track, I get the Artwork back.
          Rock Mix
          Mac mini
          Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.2 - 1548942599 @ Thu Jan 31 15:15:00 CET 2019
          v2.2.3 plug-in
          I have experienced this, and not only the RP logo, but stuck artwork from several songs before. Tony mentioned using skip, but I have gone back, then reselect, get the artwork proper again. I have also experienced when I do go back and reselect, it might start from, say 2-3 songs before (i.e. I'll hear the previous 2-3 songs again).

Not sure this is relevant, and can't say I have experienced this recently. I'll stream it and keep an eye out.

Jim

Comment

• Kees
            • Feb 2019

RP stops playing after almost every block

Hi,
            This is my first post here, so please bare with me if ask some stupid question.

I'm streaming RP to my Devialet 250 pro and after almost every 20~30 minute block (when Bill or Rebecca has done his/her "thank you..." message) streaming stops, although my player doesn't look paused. When i choose "pause" and "play" it starts with a new block, until the "thank you..." message comes along and the whole thing repeats itself. The AAC 320 stream is running fine
            I know this topic came 'round before and but for me it looks like it's gotten worse since the last RP V2.2.3 plugin.

Using LogitechMediaServer-x86_64-7.9.2-168.0018 on a Syno DS412+ with DSM 6.2.1-23824 update 6, RP plugin 2.2.3

Help is appreciated, just hate to listen to Mpeg, AAC and the like on a such a fine amp

TIA Kees

Comment

• mherger
              Babelfish's Best Boy
              • Apr 2005

> I have experienced this, and not only the RP logo, but stuck artwork
              > from several songs before. Tony mentioned using skip, but I have gone
              > back, then reselect, get the artwork proper again. I have also
              > experienced when I do go back and reselect, it might start from, say 2-3
              > songs before (i.e. I'll hear the previous 2-3 songs again).

Would this be on all interfaces (LMS web UI, devices, mobile apps)?

--

Michael
              Michael

"It doesn't work - what shall I do?" - "Please check your server.log and/or scanner.log file!"

Comment

• Redrum
                • Oct 2009

Originally posted by mherger
                >

--

Michael
                95% of my RP listening is with a touch and receiver sync'ed on a piCore server. My UI's are primarily the touch, but occasionally a controller or the SqueezeCntrl app on android. If it happens again, I'll try to pay more attention/experiment between the three interfaces.

I have a hunch that the back a few songs/restart the song anomaly has something to do with sync, and especially due to "self resyncing" after some type of network exception (e.g. "rebuffering....waiting to sync" UI message). Syncing/Unsyncing with the FLAC streams always seems to struggle. I also believe that could be related to the fact that when you first start the stream, it always (as you know) starts from the beginning of the song, as opposed to other streams that "join in progress"

In fact, I don't think I have ever seen the "waiting to sync" message after "rebuffering" until I started listening to the FLAC streams, perhaps because the recovery happens so quickly with other streams.

Sorry, just sharing some thoughts. In general the FLAC streams perfectly acceptable for me, because the exceptions are so infrequent. I know it's allot more problematic for others.

Its also a good time to thank you, and the others for not only FLAC streaming, but the mix of RP genres. It is wonderful!

Jim

Comment

• Tony T
                  • Nov 2009

--

Michael
                  On the SB Touch, SB Radio and WebUI for me (also iPeng).
                  Tony
                   SBTouch ♪ SBRadio ♬

Comment

• d6jg
                    • Feb 2011

I’m sort of glad there have been problems with this plugin as it made me look at the plugin which as a U.K. listener I’d never tried before.
                    I’m loving RP Flac streams. I think I prefer it to 6 Music due to the very limited talk element. Some of the DJs on 6 think it should be all about them not the music.
                    I am however wondering exactly how RP puts together its programming. If I look at the track duration it usually tells me circa 30 mins but that 30 mins contains 6 or so tracks and perhaps some talky bits. The metadata also changes a few seconds before the track changes.
                    None of this is at all an issue it just causes me to wonder how it’s put together.
                    Usually with Internet Radio you upload your tracks and a playlist or point the output of your source to a Shoutcast server or similar but RP seems different. Anyone know more?
                    Jim

VB2.4 storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
                    Living Room Joggler & Pi4/Khadas -> Onkyo TXNR686 -> Celestion F20s
                    Office Joggler & Pi3 -> Onkyo CRN775 -> Celestion F10s
                    Dining Room SB Radio
                    Bedroom (Bedside) Pi Zero+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
                    Bedroom (TV) & Bathroom SB Touch ->Denon AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s + Kef ceiling speakers
                    Guest Room Joggler > Denon RCFN8 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes

Comment

• Tony T
                      • Nov 2009

Originally posted by d6jg
                      I am however wondering exactly how RP puts together its programming. If I look at the track duration it usually tells me circa 30 mins but that 30 mins contains 6 or so tracks and perhaps some talky bits. The metadata also changes a few seconds before the track changes.
                      None of this is at all an issue it just causes me to wonder how it’s put together.
                      Usually with Internet Radio you upload your tracks and a playlist or point the output of your source to a Shoutcast server or similar but RP seems different. Anyone know more?
                      The "About RP" on the RP Website may have the answer: https://www.radioparadise.com/info/about
                      Last edited by Tony T; 2019-02-28, 03:21.
                      Tony
                       SBTouch ♪ SBRadio ♬

Comment

• mherger
                        Babelfish's Best Boy
                        • Apr 2005

> Usually with Internet Radio you upload your tracks and a playlist or
                        > point the output of your source to a Shoutcast server or similar but RP
                        > seems different. Anyone know more?

RP lossless is not a regular internet radio station. It has features
                        like skipping tracks, which you couldn't do with the Shoutcast way of
                        streaming. RP does indeed send out tracks in groups of files. Therefore
                        you'd see a playtime of 30 minutes or other. When you reach the end of a
                        group, or hit Next, RP would send another block.

I don't know why they decided to stream in blocks rather than just
                        single tracks. It certainly makes things much more complicated from my
                        POV, as I have to update the metadata for a single file in sync with
                        what is supposed to be streaming. Other than with Shoutcast the metadata
                        is not part of the stream.

--

Michael
                        Michael

Comment

• d6jg
                          • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Tony T
                          The "About RP" on the RP Website may have the answer: https://www.radioparadise.com/info/about
                          Thanks. I found that page via their Legacy web site after posting. It’s not on the “new” site at all.
                          Jim

Dining Room SB Radio
                          Bedroom (TV) & Bathroom SB Touch ->Denon AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s + Kef ceiling speakers

Comment

• d6jg
                            • Feb 2011

> Usually with Internet Radio you upload your tracks and a playlist or
                            > point the output of your source to a Shoutcast server or similar but RP
                            > seems different. Anyone know more?

RP lossless is not a regular internet radio station. It has features
                            like skipping tracks, which you couldn't do with the Shoutcast way of
                            streaming. RP does indeed send out tracks in groups of files. Therefore
                            you'd see a playtime of 30 minutes or other. When you reach the end of a
                            group, or hit Next, RP would send another block.

I don't know why they decided to stream in blocks rather than just
                            single tracks. It certainly makes things much more complicated from my
                            POV, as I have to update the metadata for a single file in sync with
                            what is supposed to be streaming. Other than with Shoutcast the metadata
                            is not part of the stream.

--

Michael
                            Thanks Michael. It’s certainly an interesting way of doing things but having dabbled a bit with Internet Radio in the past I can see it would make the upload easier and I think there is some “normalisation” going on which may also be easier with blocks.
                            Jim

Dining Room SB Radio

Comment

• bkonijn
                              • Sep 2010

--

Michael
                              I have LMS/Squeezelight on RPi. Since the latest update Groovy mix runs perfect, Mellow mix incidentely stops.

Comment

• Kees
                                • Feb 2019

RP stops playing after almost each block

Originally posted by Kees
                                Hi,
                                This is my first post here, so please bare with me if ask some stupid question.

I'm streaming RP to my Devialet 250 pro and after almost every 20~30 minute block (when Bill or Rebecca has done his/her "thank you..." message) streaming stops, although my player doesn't look paused. When i choose "pause" and "play" it starts with a new block, until the "thank you..." message comes along and the whole thing repeats itself. The AAC 320 stream is running fine
                                I know this topic came 'round before and but for me it looks like it's gotten worse since the last RP V2.2.3 plugin.

Using LogitechMediaServer-x86_64-7.9.2-168.0018 on a Syno DS412+ with DSM 6.2.1-23824 update 6, RP plugin 2.2.3

Help is appreciated, just hate to listen to Mpeg, AAC and the like on a such a fine amp

TIA Kees
                                Anybody out there?

Comment

Working...