Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 101 of 101 FirstFirst ... 519199100101
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1010
  1. #1001
    Babelfish's Best Boy mherger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    20,255

    [Announce] Radio Paradise LosslessStreaming (Plugin v2)

    > And yet LMS runs perfectly.

    No, it does not. Or we wouldn't be discussing here, right?

    Radio Paradise might just be the first issue you're hitting. But please
    keep this in mind when you fail to download some plugin you want, fail
    to connect to the radio station you want etc. Lack of recent OpenSSL
    will cause many problems.

    --

    Michael

  2. #1002
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hertfordshire
    Posts
    2,592
    Quote Originally Posted by nitram View Post
    And yet LMS runs perfectly. I use the Sparky only as a server, and it produces excellent sound - much better than the Squeezebox Classic that it replaced.
    Maybe I am being a bit thick but Squeezebox Classic isn't a server.

    Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

  3. #1003
    Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    Maybe I am being a bit thick but Squeezebox Classic isn't a server.

    Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    The Sparky Allo is a single board computer, running LMS. On top is a Kali reclocker and Piano DAC. Previously I was running a Raspbery Pi and using the DAC in the Squeezebox Classic.
    Allo Sparky, LMS 7.9.2 > Piano 2.1 + Kali, Max2Play > AudioEngine 5
    Squeezebox Classic, synchronized
    iPad mini > iPeng
    iPhone > iPeng
    Airplay Bridge > SONY-SRS-X7 speaker

  4. #1004
    Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    > And yet LMS runs perfectly.

    No, it does not. Or we wouldn't be discussing here, right?

    Radio Paradise might just be the first issue you're hitting. But please
    keep this in mind when you fail to download some plugin you want, fail
    to connect to the radio station you want etc. Lack of recent OpenSSL
    will cause many problems.

    --

    Michael
    Well, every aspect of LMS is running fine, except RP. I guess I'll have to go back to BBC Radio 6.

    EDIT: In fact I'm listening now to the Radio Paradise 320 AAC stream through Tunein Radio on LMS.
    Last edited by nitram; 2019-06-18 at 07:24.
    Allo Sparky, LMS 7.9.2 > Piano 2.1 + Kali, Max2Play > AudioEngine 5
    Squeezebox Classic, synchronized
    iPad mini > iPeng
    iPhone > iPeng
    Airplay Bridge > SONY-SRS-X7 speaker

  5. #1005
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hertfordshire
    Posts
    2,592
    Quote Originally Posted by nitram View Post
    The Sparky Allo is a single board computer, running LMS. On top is a Kali reclocker and Piano DAC. Previously I was running a Raspbery Pi and using the DAC in the Squeezebox Classic.
    Ah so you aren't using the Sparky only as a server but also as a player.

    Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

  6. #1006
    Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    Ah so you aren't using the Sparky only as a server but also as a player.

    Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    I meant that I'm not using the Sparky for anything other than LMS, so I'm not putting great demands on whatever version of Ubuntu is installed.
    Allo Sparky, LMS 7.9.2 > Piano 2.1 + Kali, Max2Play > AudioEngine 5
    Squeezebox Classic, synchronized
    iPad mini > iPeng
    iPhone > iPeng
    Airplay Bridge > SONY-SRS-X7 speaker

  7. #1007
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hertfordshire
    Posts
    2,592
    Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    > enough there was no sound using the original XMLbrowser.pm file. So
    > maybe your hack is working!


    Could you please keep using it and let me know about your findings?

    --

    Michael
    I didn't notice any other issues with the modified XMLbrowser.pm. I can't continue using it after updating LMS since my laptop has been put out of action by the Windows 10 1903 update (no longer boots) so I can't easily copy the file over.

    Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

  8. #1008
    Babelfish's Best Boy mherger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    20,255

    [Announce] Radio Paradise LosslessStreaming (Plugin v2)

    > I didn't notice any other issues with the modified XMLbrowser.pm. I

    Thanks for the feedback. I committed the change. Let's see what it
    breaks elsewhere :-)
    --

    Michael

  9. #1009
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    529
    I am still getting a stutter and then the "Not a Vorbis file" message on my Boom followed by complete silence on the FLAC stream:

    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Heuer; Today at 11:37.

  10. #1010
    Babelfish's Best Boy mherger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    20,255

    [Announce] Radio Paradise LosslessStreaming (Plugin v2)

    > I am still getting a stutter and then the "Not a Vorbis file" message on
    > my Boom followed by complete silence on the FLAC stream:


    What LMS are you using? On what platform?


    --

    Michael

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •