Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

24/96 files no longer play, even down-converted

Hi there, I think this actually started a while back, but I don't have that many files above redbook quality, so never followed up, figured it would correct itself with an LMS upgrade

I am aware that these will not be played natively via duet, but never a problem in the past. Right now, none of them play at all, 24/96, 24/88, etc. All are flacs.

I am on 7.9.1.

Thanks

What is LMS running on ? And what fileformat is the 24/96 files ?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Main hifi: Rasbery PI digi+ MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
    Bedroom/Office: Boom
    Loggia: Raspi hifiberry dac + Adams
    Bathroom : Radio (with battery)
    iPad with iPengHD & SqueezePad
    (spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )
    server Intel NUC Esxi VM Linux mint 18 LMS 7.9.2

http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

Quote Originally Posted by Mnyb View Post
    What is LMS running on ? And what fileformat is the 24/96 files ?
    Ah, maybe that's the problem...it's an older imac (10.6.8).

Files are all flacs.

Thanks for the reply.

Huh, so I just downloaded the latest build of 7.9.1, & all seems well now with playing higher res files. Strange, they were still not playing when I downloaded the last build a few weeks ago, so I presumed something else was up.

Thanks

Actually I spoke too soon! When I thought the problem was solved, I was playing back on my iphone via ipeng, & presumed it would therefore work when playing back from the squeezebox duet itself. But I just tried it, & it doesn't. No luck operating via duet remote either. All other files seem to play fine.

Thanks. I'll post in the ipeng thread too.

Still having same problem, as above.

Thanks

Figured I'd update this in case it helps anyone!

I downloaded the latest version of 7.9.2 on Feb 6, & just tried to play a 24/88.2 rip (without realizing that's what it was), & it played fine. When I saw it was hi res, I tried 5 other rips, all at slightly different sample rates, & all play fine. I'm on a Duet, so i realize they're being down-rezzed to, uh, 24/48?, but as per the original post, they didn't formerly play at all (they did at 1st, but then stopped).

Thanks to all who keep this thing running! Have to admit I've wound up using spotify via chromecast more recently, but the difference in flac files to spotify is often (not always) noticeable. Speaking of...is casting spotify from my iphone to a chromecast (as opposed to playing directly from iphone) giving me less than 320kbps? (Maybe I should post the question elsewhere too)

Edit: I should have added: nothing else was changed, LMS still on embarrassingly old imac running 10.6.8 (the latest it can run)
    Last edited by brady7; 2019-02-26 at 09:06.

Enable logging with player.source set to INFO and this will show what is/isn't happening in the transcoding/resampling.