FLAC fingerprinting in MusicIP Mixer windows 10 - how?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bakker_be
    • May 2009

Since you're on Windows, Mediamonkey might have a solution for the transferring of tags (http://www.mediamonkey.com/addons/br...cate-find-fix/). I've never used this addon for this purpose, but I can vouch for mediamonkey as I use it for all tagging and library management since like forever ...
    Main System: Marantz SR-5015 + Adam Audio T8V + Teufel Ultima 20 Mk 3 + BK Monolith+ FF + Lenovo T560 + Kodi + LG OLED65B26LA + UP-Board running Daphile
    Kitchen: Touch + Ikea ENEBY 30
    Home-Office: SqueezeLite-X + Topping DX3 Pro + NAD 312 + TMA Premium 905

Comment

• Roland0
      • Aug 2012

just fyi: the metaflac cli tool (part of the official FLAC package) can export and import tags to files, so the whole process could be scripted easily...
      Various SW: Web Interface | Text Interface | Playlist Editor / Generator | Music Classification | Similar Music | Announce | EventTrigger | Ambient Noise Mixer | DB Optimizer | Image Enhancer | Chiptunes | LMSlib2go | ...
      Various HowTos: build a self-contained LMS | Bluetooth/ALSA | Control LMS with any device | ...

Comment

• slartibartfast
        • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Wirrunna
        What resolution are the flac files ? MIP ceased development in late 2007 and will only process 16bit 44.1 flac files.
        Also, what version of MIP are you running ?
        I have some 24/96 FLAC files which were successfully analysed by MusicIP 1.8.1b on Windows 7.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
        Living Room: Touch or Squeezelite (Pi3B) > Topping E30 > Audiolab 8000A > Monitor Audio S5 + BK200-XLS DF
        Bedroom: Radio
        Bathroom: Radio

Comment

• DavidBulluss
          • May 2013

Originally posted by slartibartfast
          I have some 24/96 FLAC files which were successfully analysed by MusicIP 1.8.1b on Windows 7.

That is interesting that you have said that. I have found that some, not many, of my 24/96 files have been fingerprinted on Win 10, but only a small proportion of the library. I have checked them in MusicScope to check that they were in fact 24/96 and they were. Have found previously some tracks labelled as 24/96 to actually be 16/44.

Cheers, David
          Serverrpi3 pCP8.1.0 LMS8.2.0
          MediaUSB hard drive
          Lounge/dining areasSBT > Denon AVR2113 > Bose Acoustimass10 / Krix Seismix3 18" 300w RMS custom cinema sub (& AR 77XB t/table, Stanton 680MkII / Grado F-1+ > NAD7155 to phono pre-amp > Amp+)
          Family/kitchenSBT > Denon AVRX3000 zone 1 > Krix Acoustix F, Centrix C, Holographix R & Original Seismix 7 15" 400w RMS sub
          AlfrescoZ2 > Krix Tropix/Klipsch SW
          OthersSB Player/androids > Bose Soundlink Mini
          SBT/SB Player Remotes Squeeze Ctrl/androids

Comment

• Wirrunna
            • Jan 2006

David,
            I couldn't get the MP3Tag copy to work, I suspect Roland0's suggestion of using metaflac cli tool is probably the best way to copy tags from a 16/44.1 file to the same file at 24/96 .

But if MIP analyses some 24/96 try the final version 1.9b of MIP http://www.spicefly.com/article.php?...sicip-software, that might analyse more.
            A camel is a racehorse designed by a committee.

Seen sprayed on the outside wall of the local library -
            Three things I hate in life :
            1. Vandalism
            2. Irony
            3. Lists

Comment

• DavidBulluss
              • May 2013

David,
              I couldn't get the MP3Tag copy to work, I suspect Roland0's suggestion of using metaflac cli tool is probably the best way to copy tags from a 16/44.1 file to the same file at 24/96 .

But if MIP analyses some 24/96 try the final version 1.9b of MIP http://www.spicefly.com/article.php?...sicip-software, that might analyse more.
              Thanks for the heads up on a more recent version of MM than I have been using.

I used MP3Tag to copy all tags from the 16/44 files and paste into the 24/96 & 192 files. I have a column visible in MP#Tag to show FLAC fingerprinting tags.

Cheers, David
              MediaUSB hard drive
              Lounge/dining areasSBT > Denon AVR2113 > Bose Acoustimass10 / Krix Seismix3 18" 300w RMS custom cinema sub (& AR 77XB t/table, Stanton 680MkII / Grado F-1+ > NAD7155 to phono pre-amp > Amp+)
              Family/kitchenSBT > Denon AVRX3000 zone 1 > Krix Acoustix F, Centrix C, Holographix R & Original Seismix 7 15" 400w RMS sub

Comment

• slartibartfast
                • Jan 2010

Originally posted by DavidBulluss
                Thanks for the heads up on a more recent version of MM than I have been using.

I used MP3Tag to copy all tags from the 16/44 files and paste into the 24/96 & 192 files. I have a column visible in MP#Tag to show FLAC fingerprinting tags.

Cheers, David
                If you use the newer version of MusicIP on Windows bear in mind that it won't be compatible with the older version on Linux and may cause problems if you want to use filters created in Windows on Linux.

Living Room: Touch or Squeezelite (Pi3B) > Topping E30 > Audiolab 8000A > Monitor Audio S5 + BK200-XLS DF
                Bedroom: Radio
                Bathroom: Radio

Comment

• DavidBulluss
                  • May 2013

Originally posted by slartibartfast
                  If you use the newer version of MusicIP on Windows bear in mind that it won't be compatible with the older version on Linux and may cause problems if you want to use filters created in Windows on Linux.

Thanks for the tip. I haven't gotten as far as installing MM on the Pi3, just fingerprinting at the moment with a view to tackling the MM Pi3 install when I feel courageous!

Cheers, David
                  MediaUSB hard drive

Comment

• squeezebox_Fan
                    • Jun 2014

MIP works on 24 Bit as well

What resolution are the flac files ? MIP ceased development in late 2007 and will only process 16bit 44.1 flac files.
                    Also, what version of MIP are you running ?
                    At least version 1.8 and 1.9 of MusicIP Mixer does fingerprinting on files with 24 Bit. But you cannot play those files with the MusicIPMixer Software without distortion. But if you use LMS for playback. Everything is fine.

Hardware: 1Touch,4Radio (3 with latest community firmware),1Boom,2SB3,PiCorePlayer
                    Players Software: squeezelite
                    Steuerung: MaterialSkin APP Android
                    Plugins: "Lesezeichen, Custom Browse, TrackStat; Custom Scan; Spicefly SugarCube​; LazySearch 2, JustCovers,PlayHLS;ENM for Dreambox, and more.

LMS 8.5.2 (32Bit) WINDOWS 10 22H2 64Bit & MusicIP 1.96Beta6

Comment

• dhallag
                      • Jun 2009

David,
                      There is a way to MIP tag 24/96 flac files,
                      see https://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthr...-Tags-for-flac

The steps would be use dbPoweramp (or Foobar) to convert to 16/44 flac,

MIP analyze and archive tags,

With the 16/44 files selected in MP3Tag, select File menu >> Export, where you can export tags to a text file.

Then, with the 24/96 flac files selected in MP3Tag, select Convert menu >> Text file - Tag, where you can import the tags exported to the text file.

I haven't tried it but a test on an album would be worth trying, after all it would be a once only exercise.
                      This is a great idea as I am having the same issue. I have tried dbPoweramp, but I cannot get it to work. (definitely user error) I cannot find the setting to specifically tell the conversion to go to 16/44. can you walk me through this a bit more?
                      LMS 8.2 on QNAP Ts-h1886XU-RP R2
                      8 wired Touch End Points plus Transporter
                      Jolida Tube DAC III
                      Marantz 2270 to Boston Acoustics Slimlines
                      Marantz 7010 to B&W CM10 S2

Comment

• audiomuze
                        • Oct 2009

Given that all specification compliant FLAC files have a MD5 signature of the audio stream embedded in metadata block #0 it would be possible to crowdsource generation and sharing of MIP fingerprinting by enabling users to upload the MD5 Signature and MIP tags to a centralised database. It would require coding a script for users to extract the relevant metadata to a csv file and then upload same to a central repository.

Uploads could then be updated into a centralised database which would be downloadable by all. Users could then leverage a secondary script to generate a database of metadata across their entire library, ingest and add the MIP tags for matched tracks from the database and ultimately write those MIP tags back to the underlying files. Of course, this would require community effort and participation in order to work and be sustainable.

Coincidentally I have a Python script that uses the same codebase as puddletag to ingest all file-based metadata into a SQLite table, enabling me to make mass updates using SQL and write the updates back to the underlying files. It's how I manage consistency across a rather generous music collection.
                        puddletag - now packaged in most Linux distributions.

Comment

Working...