X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • d6jg
    • Feb 2011

Originally posted by StevePalmer
    Sorry bpa

I'm not sure where we go from here. I appreciate your help, but the log is STILL not adding a date/time stamp.

Appreciate any further advice - even if it means, we can't do any more until the server shows the timestamp.

Onwards and upwards!
    Check Windows firewall and/or AV software.
    If LMS doesn't know what the time is then it is probably being blocked at TCP/IP level by something.
    Jim

pCP9.0 / LMS 9.x storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
    Living Room Joggler & Pi4/Khadas -> Onkyo TXNR686 -> Celestion F20s
    Office Joggler & Pi3 -> Onkyo CRN775 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
    Kitchen WiiM Pro -> Topping MX3 - B&W In Ceiling speakers
    Bedroom (Bedside) Pi Zero+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
    Bedroom (TV) & Bathroom SB Touch ->Denon AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s + Kef ceiling speakers
    Guest Room Joggler > Denon RCFN8 -> Celestions F10s

Comment

• StevePalmer
      • Jan 2011

Good call d6jg!

Ive switched off AV and the firewall, rebooted the PC, launched LMS, but it hasn't seemed to make any difference

This is SO weird!
      Steve
      Kettering, UK

Comment

• bpa
        • Oct 2005

If timestamp are not re-appearing after log.conf file deleted - then the steps have not been done properly - sorry.

1. LMS was not stopped/restarted - some users think stopping control panel stops LMS - it doesn't
        2. The log.conf file deleted was not the one is use by the LMS running - check the location of prefs directory thro' WebUI Setting/Information

I suggest
        1. stop LMS. Make sure it is stopped by checking Web GUI is not working.
        2. Delete the logs.conf file. Check the directory the file has been deleted in case of permissions etc.
        3. Delete the server.log file
        4. Empty Windows rubbish bin
        5. start LMS.

From WebGUI Setting/Information - check log to see iof timestamp ios back. If no time stamp please copy log.conf to a post.

I checked the uPNP code - if DEBUG was enabled there would be a record of a "SUBSCRIBE" or "UNSUBSCRIBE" request with the origin URL before each of the "412" errors.

Comment

• StevePalmer
          • Jan 2011

Cheers bpa. Appreciate your patience!

I'll follow your steps again and post something later.

Steve
          Steve
          Kettering, UK

Comment

• bpa
            • Oct 2005

Cheers bpa. Appreciate your patience!

I'll follow your steps again and post something later.
            THis is why I warned you abotu "is it worth the effort ?". I get the easy job. I know from experience repeating tests with slight variation can addle the brain - I've spent hours chasing "bugs" which were just due to my finger trouble. So from my perspective I have to assume finger trouble first rather than start exploring very unusual LMS behaviour.

Comment

• StevePalmer
              • Jan 2011

Hi bpa

I know what you mean! I'm now at the stage where I'm wondering 'do I just live with the glitch'? At least all the radios are working and I can play all my music! I think I might be a bit OCD!

Anyway, I've followed your previous instructions to the letter and it's created another log. Still no date stamp, but the log is a lot larger in content. Does it show you anything that might affect LMS showing as an icon in Win10?

server.zip

Cheers

Steve
              Steve
              Kettering, UK

Comment

• bpa
                • Oct 2005

Please post a copy of the log.conf file. If it is persistently being changed by something external - that is not good news.

It seems you have Twonky running on Windows - you never mentioned that ! Could Twonky be fighting with Windows for upnp mastery !!

I think the Subscribe errors may be coming from one or more of a number of players - you have lots - can you identify them from the MAC addresses )( see below ?player=<macaddress>"

Code:
                Slim::Plugin::UPnP::MediaRenderer::description (214) MediaRenderer.xml for 00:04:20:29:df:83 requested by Twonky-NMC/8.4-2 (Windows 6.2 (Build 9200); x86_64) DLNADOC/1.50
                Slim::Plugin::UPnP::Events::sendResponse (149) Sub 06612A88-5EFE-40B0-A4EF-2A7D7EB67CD8 is now active
                Slim::Plugin::UPnP::Events::request (92) SUBSCRIBE /plugins/UPnP/MediaRenderer/AVTransport/eventsub?player=00:04:20:2a:9d:70
                Slim::Plugin::UPnP::Events::subscribe (190) Renewed: 46026AAC-786D-461A-8A1A-125EF6EE6EE8 (300 sec)
                Slim::Plugin::UPnP::Events::sendResponse (149) Sub 46026AAC-786D-461A-8A1A-125EF6EE6EE8 is now active
                Slim::Plugin::UPnP::Events::request (92) SUBSCRIBE /plugins/UPnP/MediaRenderer/AVTransport/eventsub?player=00:04:20:26:f1:f8
                Slim::Plugin::UPnP::Events::subscribe (190) Renewed: BE8F346E-96C2-4279-9EBF-6087A26734C5 (300 sec)
                Slim::Plugin::UPnP::Events::request (92) SUBSCRIBE /plugins/UPnP/MediaRenderer/RenderingControl/eventsub?player=00:04:20:28:70:79
                Slim::Plugin::UPnP::Events::subscribe (190) Renewed: F0150270-BEB5-44A9-AC59-E4B56E0E3EC9 (300 sec)
                Slim::Plugin::UPnP::Events::sendResponse (149) Sub BE8F346E-96C2-4279-9EBF-6087A26734C5 is now active
                Slim::Plugin::UPnP::Events::sendResponse (149) Sub F0150270-BEB5-44A9-AC59-E4B56E0E3EC9 is now active
                Slim::Plugin::UPnP::Events::request (92) SUBSCRIBE /plugins/UPnP/MediaRenderer/AVTransport/eventsub?player=00:04:20:26:73:bb
                Slim::Plugin::UPnP::Events::subscribe (190) Renewed: 944D5615-7E2A-44CC-9888-26055299EC78 (300 sec)
                Slim::Plugin::UPnP::Events::sendResponse (149) Sub 944D5615-7E2A-44CC-9888-26055299EC78 is now active
                Slim::Plugin::UPnP::Events::request (92) SUBSCRIBE /plugins/UPnP/MediaRenderer/RenderingControl/eventsub?player=00:04:20:2a:9d:70
                Slim::Plugin::UPnP::Events::subscribe (190) Renewed: DEC2E6DD-063C-4ABB-B457-ACCFA8CD88FB (300 sec)
                Slim::Plugin::UPnP::Events::request (92) SUBSCRIBE /plugins/UPnP/MediaRenderer/AVTransport/eventsub?player=00:04:20:29:df:83
                Slim::Plugin::UPnP::Events::subscribe (190) Renewed: A421D2BF-4E95-4CB7-9006-C630445D7A2D (300 sec)
                Slim::Plugin::UPnP::Events::sendResponse (149) Sub DEC2E6DD-063C-4ABB-B457-ACCFA8CD88FB is now active
                Slim::Plugin::UPnP::Events::sendResponse (149) Sub A421D2BF-4E95-4CB7-9006-C630445D7A2D is now active
                Slim::Plugin::UPnP::Events::request (92) SUBSCRIBE /plugins/UPnP/MediaRenderer/RenderingControl/eventsub?player=00:04:20:26:f1:f8
                Slim::Plugin::UPnP::Events::subscribe (190) Renewed: 6895669C-1C68-4259-9E3F-047676F97CA0 (300 sec)
                Slim::Plugin::UPnP::Events::sendResponse (149) Sub 6895669C-1C68-4259-9E3F-047676F97CA0 is now active
                Slim::Plugin::UPnP::Events::request (92) SUBSCRIBE /plugins/UPnP/MediaRenderer/RenderingControl/eventsub?player=00:04:20:26:73:bb
                Slim::Plugin::UPnP::Events::subscribe (190) Renewed: ACBBBAC6-2A97-4E7E-A813-E0D2FC90F670 (300 sec)
                Slim::Plugin::UPnP::Events::sendResponse (149) Sub ACBBBAC6-2A97-4E7E-A813-E0D2FC90F670 is now active
                Slim::Plugin::UPnP::Events::request (92) SUBSCRIBE /plugins/UPnP/MediaRenderer/RenderingControl/eventsub?player=00:04:20:29:df:83
                Slim::Plugin::UPnP::Events::subscribe (190) Renewed: 922F8244-788F-481C-BA70-A03F86CD4E7C (300 sec)

Comment

• StevePalmer
                  • Jan 2011

Hi BPA

Yes, Twonky is on port 9000 and LMS on 9001. They've been getting along well for the past year - no issues at all.

Yes.. lots of players. I have no reason to think there's a problem there. They are ALL working (I just tried them) and they all have different MAC addresses (I can see their MAC details using an Android app called 'fing' on my phone)

..and after all your good suggestions, I just looked at my Android Tablet and Phone and (would you believe it) LMS is now showing (the reason for my original posting).

I think I'll quit while I'm ahead! ..and you could probably do with a break from me

Onwards and upwards!

Thanks again for your expertise and patience!
                  Steve
                  Kettering, UK

Comment

• d6jg
                    • Feb 2011

I think you should switch off uPNP in LMS - by the sounds of it you don't need it - go to Plugins and remove the Andy Grusman plugin (this is what exposes your players as uPNP devices in Windows etc)

Click image for larger version

Name:	2017-10-11 13_39_18-Server Settings.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	13.2 KB
ID:	1563474

Your network is being flooded with discovery requests
                    Jim

Bedroom (TV) & Bathroom SB Touch ->Denon AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s + Kef ceiling speakers

Comment

• StevePalmer
                      • Jan 2011

OK, that sounds like a good suggestion. I'm on it! ☺

Sent from my Huawei Mate 9 using Tapatalk
                      Steve
                      Kettering, UK

Comment

• bpa
                        • Oct 2005

OK, that sounds like a good suggestion. I'm on it! ☺
                        Definitely - if you are not using upnp - turn it off. The upnp plugin has been at the centre of packet storms and have shut users networks down. I thought you needed upnp for some reason and you needed to access it from Windows.

Comment

• StevePalmer
                          • Jan 2011

Well chaps, we seem to have come full circle...

Mysteriously a little earlier the problem where LMS wasn't showing on my various apps on my phone, sorted itself out and I could then access my MP3s from my Win10 PC on my phone. Still not sure how it resolved itself!

Bizarrely, as soon as I unchecked the plugin by Andy, LMS disappeared from my phone app. As soon as I re-enabled the plugin, LMS re-appeared on my phone. Obviously the two events are connected in some way.

So, in a round about sort of way, if LMS isn't showing on my phone, I just disable Andy's plugin and then re-enable it and LMS re-appears. I don't know enough technically about what's going on here, but coincidence or not, it seem to have solved my original problem of getting LMS to show on my phone.

I think we should all go and have a lie down now and close the ticket on this one!

Thanks guys, I think I would have pulled out my last remaining hairs if you hadn't pointed me in various directions!

Cheers

Steve
                          Steve
                          Kettering, UK

Comment

• d6jg
                            • Feb 2011

Well chaps, we seem to have come full circle...

Mysteriously a little earlier the problem where LMS wasn't showing on my various apps on my phone, sorted itself out and I could then access my MP3s from my Win10 PC on my phone. Still not sure how it resolved itself!

Bizarrely, as soon as I unchecked the plugin by Andy, LMS disappeared from my phone app. As soon as I re-enabled the plugin, LMS re-appeared on my phone. Obviously the two events are connected in some way.

So, in a round about sort of way, if LMS isn't showing on my phone, I just disable Andy's plugin and then re-enable it and LMS re-appears. I don't know enough technically about what's going on here, but coincidence or not, it seem to have solved my original problem of getting LMS to show on my phone.

I think we should all go and have a lie down now and close the ticket on this one!

Thanks guys, I think I would have pulled out my last remaining hairs if you hadn't pointed me in various directions!

Cheers

Steve
                            When you say you can/can't see it on your phone - what sort of phone and what app are you using ?
                            Jim

Comment

• StevePalmer
                              • Jan 2011

Originally posted by d6jg
                              When you say you can/can't see it on your phone - what sort of phone and what app are you using ?
                              Huawei Mate 9 on Nougat. Using Yamaha MusicCast App that allows my mp3s to play through my hifi amp. Twonky works flawlessly, but I only switched to that because LMS didn't always appear in the App ad a 'source'. Hence my original question [emoji5]

Steve
                              Kettering, UK

Comment

• d6jg
                                • Feb 2011

Huawei Mate 9 on Nougat. Using Yamaha MusicCast App that allows my mp3s to play through my hifi amp. Twonky works flawlessly, but I only switched to that because LMS didn't always appear in the App ad a 'source'. Hence my original question [emoji5]

I thought that might be the case.

I would still switch off uPNP on LMS and instead use something else to stream your music to your Yamaha amp. The uPnP thing on LMS isn't great.

You will probably say that Twonky doesn't expose the music in quite the same way making it difficult to control what you are playing and I'd agree. This is a problem in the uPnP/DLNA protocols generally. There isn't really any standard. Things can be DLNA Certified, DLNA Compatible or DLNA Ready - they aren't all the same. The menus produced to your phone by the server are different depending upon whether it is LMS, Twonky or some other DLNA server.

Phillipe 44's uPnPBridge LMS plugin could an the answer but is it difficult to get working properly (because of the non standard). It converts your Yamaha amp to be a quasi SB player which you can control like any other SB player but whether it is 100% compatible with your amp is another question. I have a DLNA certified Onkyo amp but I never use that part of it. Instead I use a Raspberry Pi SB player plugged in to its AUX (or digital) port.

The whole thing is complicated by the fact that you are running LMS & Twonky on Windows and therefore subject to Windows updates breaking things at will (plus you need to leave it switched on all the time)

If you are serious about digital music - I am sure you are - then I would suggest that you really should look at moving LMS (and Twonky) off your Windows PC and on to something better / more stable and also consider a different way of playing through your Yamaha. A Google Chromecast Audio (£20) plugged in to the Yamaha and Phillipe's brilliant Castbridge plugin would be a cheap option that is easy to set up and works (I don't know if the plugin runs on Windows though).
                                Jim

Comment

Working...