Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • d6jg
    • Feb 2011

Originally posted by RobbH
    You suggested that a few pages back, and I acknowledged at the time that it was foolish of me to be offended by the inefficiency of that approach. It still is, and I still am.

But thanks for continuing to serve as a voice of sanity. It's helpful, even when rejected.
    Looking at this another way your requirement is fulfilled partly by creating a specific playlist of the pseudo album.

Two things stop a playlist approach from working exactly as you would want.

1) Playlists do not appear in your Album list - but I imagine that if a simple flag existed against them they could be added if someone was prepared to modify the scanner code. It must be broadly how Online Music Library integration works?
    2) Playlist don't have specific cover art but could they?
    Jim

VB2.4 storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
    Living Room Joggler & Pi4/Khadas -> Onkyo TXNR686 -> Celestion F20s
    Office Joggler & Pi3 -> Onkyo CRN775 -> Celestion F10s
    Dining Room SB Radio
    Bedroom (Bedside) Pi Zero+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
    Bedroom (TV) & Bathroom SB Touch ->Denon AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s + Kef ceiling speakers
    Guest Room Joggler > Denon RCFN8 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes

Comment

• RobbH
      • Jun 2017

Originally posted by philchillbill
      If you’re any good with scripting languages like bash or PowerShell or even Perl or Python, this should be pretty easy to automate.
      Indeed, I'm working on a Bash script that simplifies the process. If I'm every satisfied with it, I'll share it, in case anybody else is interested in this odd quest of mine.
      Usually running latest beta LMS nightly on Raspberry Pi OS with virtual players. Occasionally using SB Radio, Boom or Classic.

Comment

• RobbH
        • Jun 2017

Originally posted by d6jg
        Looking at this another way your requirement is fulfilled partly by creating a specific playlist of the pseudo album.

Two things stop a playlist approach from working exactly as you would want.

1) Playlists do not appear in your Album list - but I imagine that if a simple flag existed against them they could be added if someone was prepared to modify the scanner code. It must be broadly how Online Music Library integration works?
        2) Playlist don't have specific cover art but could they?
        Thanks for being tolerant of my illogical obstinacy! If LMS could treat a playlist as an album, that would be the ideal solution. I don't have the knowledge or skill to address either of those points, so unless someone else takes that on, I'll continue to work on this odd quest of mine. I now have a Bash script that largely automates the process of creating symlinks and building the cue file, so it's not such a tedious undertaking.
        Usually running latest beta LMS nightly on Raspberry Pi OS with virtual players. Occasionally using SB Radio, Boom or Classic.

Comment

Working...