Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MaDsGa3 View Post
    First of all thank you for the great work you are sharing here! Respect!

I just want to confirm that my Phillips SHB-3060 bluetooth headphones are running fine with the manual you described here in this tread.
    Finally I got handsfree music in my home office, without disturbing anybody else in the house

Looking forward for more exiting developments on the pcp here!!
    Thanks for the confirmation, I have this support built in to the web interface for the next release.....which is hopefully soon.

Quote Originally Posted by MaDsGa3 View Post
    First of all thank you for the great work you are sharing here! Respect!

I just want to confirm that my Phillips SHB-3060 bluetooth headphones are running fine with the manual you described here in this tread.
    Finally I got handsfree music in my home office, without disturbing anybody else in the house

Looking forward for more exiting developments on the pcp here!!
    I have just worked through the instructions and have my Bowers & Wilkins PX headphones working. There are some complexities from the headphones turning off when removed from my head, which doesn't play ball with squeezelite - at the moment I'm trying to set parameters to make this smoother.

Robert
    Home: Raspberry Pi 3/piCoreplayer/LMS7.9.2 with files on QNAP TS-251A
    Touch > DacMagic 100 > Naim Audio Nait 3 > Mission 752 (plus Rega Planar 3 > Rega Fono Mini; Naim CD3)
    PiCorePlayer(Pi2) with IQAudIO DAC+>Sennheisers
    2 x Squeezebox Radios, 1 X Squeezebox 3 (retired), spare Pi2/piCorePlayer
    Office: LMS7.9.2 running on WiFi MyPassport drive > piCorePlayer(PiB)/HiFiBerryDAC > Amptastic Amplifier
    SqueezePad, iPeng as controllers

last.fm/user/GrumpyBob

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Bob View Post
    I have just worked through the instructions and have my Bowers & Wilkins PX headphones working. There are some complexities from the headphones turning off when removed from my head, which doesn't play ball with squeezelite - at the moment I'm trying to set parameters to make this smoother.

Robert
    This is one of the biggest issues I had to work through. If the audio device disappears, squeezelite will crash. If you turn off the "power" button in LMS, then squeezelite will close the audio output, which you can then turn off your headphones. Just be sure to let your headphones connect before pressing the power button again.

In the future pCP integration, I've added a check to restart squeezelite if needed when the configured bluetooth speakers connect.

Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    This is one of the biggest issues I had to work through. If the audio device disappears, squeezelite will crash. If you turn off the "power" button in LMS, then squeezelite will close the audio output, which you can then turn off your headphones. Just be sure to let your headphones connect before pressing the power button again.

In the future pCP integration, I've added a check to restart squeezelite if needed when the configured bluetooth speakers connect.
    That's very helpful - thanks!

Robert
    Home: Raspberry Pi 3/piCoreplayer/LMS7.9.2 with files on QNAP TS-251A
    Touch > DacMagic 100 > Naim Audio Nait 3 > Mission 752 (plus Rega Planar 3 > Rega Fono Mini; Naim CD3)
    PiCorePlayer(Pi2) with IQAudIO DAC+>Sennheisers
    2 x Squeezebox Radios, 1 X Squeezebox 3 (retired), spare Pi2/piCorePlayer
    Office: LMS7.9.2 running on WiFi MyPassport drive > piCorePlayer(PiB)/HiFiBerryDAC > Amptastic Amplifier
    SqueezePad, iPeng as controllers

last.fm/user/GrumpyBob

Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    I have this support built in to the web interface for the next release.....which is hopefully soon.
    I'm keen to give this a try, but will wait for the next release I think. Just to clarify, can this be used with a USB bluetooth dongle, and if so what chipsets are compatible with the in built drivers used by piCorePlayer? I'd like to use my RPi3 with squeezelite with onboard wifi to connect to LMS and the dongle to connect to my bluetooth speaker. Is this likely to work?

Testing with the new RPi3B+

Wlan connected at 2.4Mhz, bluetooth plays, but stumbles a little

Wlan connected at 5Ghz, Bluetooth plays quite nicely

RP3B+ Hardware limitations

Paul,
    Are you saying that with the RPI3B+ there is no hardware limitation to using wifi and bluetooth at the same time?

Correct, as long as the wifi is using a 5Ghz band.
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

I have the Rpi3 B+ version and so I am using the 3.5.0 Audio Optimized version.

I wasn't able to follow the instructions on the 3.5.0AudioOptimized image because in the newer version the file
    /usr/local/bin/pcp-bt-start-controller was not there. Instead there are files

tc@piCorePlayer:~$ ls /usr/local/bin/*bt*
    /usr/local/bin/btattach /usr/local/bin/pcp-bt-connect-daemon /usr/local/bin/pcp-bt-pair
    /usr/local/bin/btmon /usr/local/bin/pcp-bt-functions

But I tried to pair my phone anyway and got this:

tc@piCorePlayer:~$ /usr/local/bin/pcp-bt-pair
    rm: can't remove '/tmp/select.in': No such file or directory
    rm: can't remove '/tmp/btpair': No such file or directory
    Place Device in Pair mode and then hit enter

Scanning for Bluetooth Devices
    process 6798: arguments to dbus_connection_get_object_path_data() were incorrect, assertion "connection != NULL" failed in file dbus-connection.c line 5904.
    This is normally a bug in some application using the D-Bus library.
    D-Bus not built with -rdynamic so unable to print a backtrace
    Aborted

in 3.5.0 the scripts were all changed when it was integrated. Scripts are not intended to be ran from command line.

Also, This is for speaker support only. Not phones.
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer