Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 71 of 84 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast

[Announce] Spotty v1.9.0 - now withexperimental Spotify Connect support!

> I had probably set mine to FLAC before the setting became disabled. I
    > think Michael is aware of this but no solution so far.

I think I figured out why those settings were disabled on some systems
    yesterday. While cooking some lasagne. Sometimes the good ideas come far
    away from the keyboard :-).

The underlying problem is that Spotty would use helper applications of
    various names, depending on the platform/OS: spotty, spotty-custom,
    spotty-muslhf etc. But the LMS settings pages would always check for
    "spotty". If you were to use a system where Spotty used a binary other
    than the literal "spotty", those settings would not be available.

I'll see what I can do.

--

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by panosnl View Post
    In order to make a fresh start I removed all accounts and started adding them again. I can add all family (sub)accounts except my own. I even uninstalled and reinstalled spotty but the settings seem to be persistent.
    I suggest you go to Settings/Information, check paths for prefs and cache. Then shut down LMS. Remove spotty.prefs, and everything below cache/spotty. Then restart LMS. This should get rid of everything Spotty related and let you start over.
    Michael

"It doesn't work - what shall I do?" - "Please check your server.log and/or scanner.log file!"
    (LMS: Settings/Information)

Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    The plugin does indeed check for the service (every 60s). Could you set logging for plugins.spotty to INFO and see what it reports around the time when the Connect client disappears?
    Hmm... ok, I must admit that this check does indeed not work as expected: this morning all my Connect endpoints have disappeared, too. No trace in server.log, and the processes are still running. I'll have to review this.
    Michael

"It doesn't work - what shall I do?" - "Please check your server.log and/or scanner.log file!"

Quote Originally Posted by Huey11 View Post
    Yes I did actually: same results.
    Ok, so I installed LMS on a raspberry pi. Indeed there is no auto discovery issue there. Connectpoint appears, but I still am unable to connect... not without credentials set nor with the credentials set.
    Read above that soemone enbales the connect points on the players. Just to make sure I understand the concept correct: I install spotty on the server, and have squeezelite players. I expect that i need to connect to the server spotty, and it streams output to squeezelite player. Correct?
    Or is it I install spotty on the server and need to enable connect on (both) players and connect to one of those?

tia,

Ok, so I installed LMS on a raspberry pi. Indeed there is no auto discovery issue there. Connectpoint appears, but I still am unable to connect... not without credentials set nor with the credentials set.
    Read above that soemone enbales the connect points on the players. Just to make sure I understand the concept correct: I install spotty on the server, and have squeezelite players. I expect that i need to connect to the server spotty, and it streams output to squeezelite player. Correct?
    Or is it I install spotty on the server and need to enable connect on (both) players and connect to one of those?

tia,
    Might as well try it. Notice that bitrate is set at 96, which is of course not what anyone would want...
    [18-01-04 13:57:24.7104] Plugins::Spotty::Connect::startHelper (381) Starting Spotty Connect deamon: /var/lib/squeezeboxserver/cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/Spotty/Bin/arm-linux/spotty-muslhf -c "/var/lib/squeezeboxserver/cache/spotty/0f1bf34a" -n "bladiebla" --disable-discovery --disable-audio-cache --bitrate 96 --player-mac "****" --lms "****:9000" > /dev/null

[Announce] Spotty v1.9.0 - now withexperimental Spotify Connect support!

> Or is it I install spotty on the server and need to enable connect on
    > (both) players and connect to one of those?

You need to enable Connect for every player in LMS.

--

Michael

> Or is it I install spotty on the server and need to enable connect on
    > (both) players and connect to one of those?

You need to enable Connect for every player in LMS.

--

Michael
    Ok, thanks. On my new server install I now have it working. That requirement on the players was not clear to me.
    Now trying to get it to work without the auto-discovery on my "original" setup.

Is it indeed that the bitrate is 96 or can it be ignored because it using the 320 setting on the server instead?

Might as well try it. Notice that bitrate is set at 96, which is of course not what anyone would want...
    [18-01-04 13:57:24.7104] Plugins::Spotty::Connect::startHelper (381) Starting Spotty Connect deamon: /var/lib/squeezeboxserver/cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/Spotty/Bin/arm-linux/spotty-muslhf -c "/var/lib/squeezeboxserver/cache/spotty/0f1bf34a" -n "bladiebla" --disable-discovery --disable-audio-cache --bitrate 96 --player-mac "****" --lms "****:9000" > /dev/null
    Don't worry about the Connect daemon's bitrate: that audio data is dumped to /dev/null... The actual audio data is received by another spotty instance. (And yes, this means that in Connect mode you're actually downloading audio data _twice_.)
    Michael

Don't worry about the Connect daemon's bitrate: that audio data is dumped to /dev/null... The actual audio data is received by another spotty instance. (And yes, this means that in Connect mode you're actually downloading audio data _twice_.)
    Ah great, ofcourse that is the /dev/null. Thx for your replies and hard work!

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk

I m having 2 little problems these last days:

1 - Old problem, sometimes audio go down using SPOTIFY CONNECT!if i play a playlist using directly spotty from LMS i dnt have problem
    2 - Always using SPOTIFY CONNECT sometimes the song goes in pause, i push play and it come back on pause...i fight a little bit until the song continue.

I dont know if somebody has the same problems and if there is a solution

UPDATE: No ok, I m having the same problem even using Spotty from LMS!The Problem could be a problem of internet connection? I dnt have problems with internet eh, but it s strange! From when i updated lms i didnt have problems with spotty!
    Last edited by antonio81le; 2018-01-05 at 06:30.