Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 25
  1. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Bristol, UK
    Posts
    484
    No doubt Michael will reply when he has had time to look at the logs - in the meantime a couple of things:

    There are quite a few errors in the scanner.log associated with artwork which need to be sorted out. Either visually scan the scanner.log or open it in Notepad or Wordpad and search for "ERROR".

    The scanner.log seems to only show scanning of two of the four HDDs in your NAS: H:\ and I:\ - it then just stops. Was this the whole of the scanner.log file?

    By the way, in Windows 7 64bit the log files are in C:\ProgramData\Squeezebox\Logs\
    Touch, Meridian G92, Bryston B4 SST2, PMC OB1i speakers, HP Proliant Microserver/Ubuntu, PC/Windows 7, iPad 4, iPeng, Squeezepad.

  2. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    101
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnB View Post
    No doubt Michael will reply when he has had time to look at the logs - in the meantime a couple of things:

    There are quite a few errors in the scanner.log associated with artwork which need to be sorted out. Either visually scan the scanner.log or open it in Notepad or Wordpad and search for "ERROR".

    The scanner.log seems to only show scanning of two of the four HDDs in your NAS: H:\ and I:\ - it then just stops. Was this the whole of the scanner.log file?

    By the way, in Windows 7 64bit the log files are in C:\ProgramData\Squeezebox\Logs\
    John, thank you very much for taking the time to review the logs and offer your comments. I have deleted a couple of the corrupt files. However, I am unable to determine why the scanner cannot access the folder in which the other art files listed in the scan log are located. This is very odd because I am also certain that the corrupt files were corrupt prior to the addition of the 4th drive and did not prevent the successful completion of the scans. All very strange. All I did was add the fourth drive. Then, of course, I added it to the library and rescanned. In any event thank you for your input. Please advise if you have any other thoughts.

  3. #13
    Babelfish's Best Boy mherger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    19,964

    Server scan terminates unexpectedly afterlong loop.

    > John, thank you very much for taking the time to review the logs and
    > offer your comments. I have deleted a couple of the corrupt files.


    I think only the last one is corrupted, the others have odd file names
    LMS fails to read. And it's that last one, where the scan stops.

    I'd suggest you run a full Wipe & Rescan. Then provide the server.log again.

    > However, I am unable to determine why the scanner cannot access the
    > folder in which the other art files listed in the scan log are located.


    It does access it. It's only during the artwork reading pass that it fails.


    --

    Michael

  4. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    101
    Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    > John, thank you very much for taking the time to review the logs and
    > offer your comments. I have deleted a couple of the corrupt files.


    I think only the last one is corrupted, the others have odd file names
    LMS fails to read. And it's that last one, where the scan stops.

    I'd suggest you run a full Wipe & Rescan. Then provide the server.log again.

    > However, I am unable to determine why the scanner cannot access the
    > folder in which the other art files listed in the scan log are located.


    It does access it. It's only during the artwork reading pass that it fails.


    --

    Michael
    I did initiate a "Clean Cache Folder" and rescan entire library rescan. It appeared to be running well over all 4 drives, then scanning the art in a separate scan. Then, after over 3 hours, it hung up on one art object in a folder in drive #2. It stayed there for over an hour, at which point I terminated the scan. It is now rescanning under a normal "look for new and changed media folders" procedure. Unfortunately, I did not copy the logs before starting this new scan...a beginner's mistake on my part. I will see what result the ongoing scan presents and report that. Man, this is really frustrating. I just cannot think how the addition of one drive would cause the system to malfunction. Thanks for your time and efforts. They are much appreciated.

  5. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    101

    Pease see logs attached

    Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    > John, thank you very much for taking the time to review the logs and
    > offer your comments. I have deleted a couple of the corrupt files.


    The logs are attached. Please let me know if I have done this correctly and if there is anything else I can do to be helpful. Thanks.

    I think only the last one is corrupted, the others have odd file names
    LMS fails to read. And it's that last one, where the scan stops.

    I'd suggest you run a full Wipe & Rescan. Then provide the server.log again.

    > However, I am unable to determine why the scanner cannot access the
    > folder in which the other art files listed in the scan log are located.


    It does access it. It's only during the artwork reading pass that it fails.

    So now the rescan has completed (after the full rescan hung on an art file in drive 2). The result was "Media scan terminated unexpectedly". The logs are attached.scanner.log.zipServer Log & Scanner Log.doc
    --
    Let me know if the logs are correctly attached and if there is anything else I can do to be helpful.
    Michael
    Logs attached.

  6. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Bristol, UK
    Posts
    484
    The scanner.log is in a plain text file (good) but the other file ("Server Log & Scanner Log (1).doc") is still in a Word file - can you send it as a text file (zipped).

    The scanner.log file still stops on the same image file: "James Brown - Love Power Peace (label_B).jpg" which it reports as "Invalid or corrupt image file". It will probably continue to stop there until the problem file is dealt with. So why don't you just delete the damned thing? [Edit] Or at least move it somewhere that isn't scanned by LMS.

    There are also problems with the artwork files in: Freddy King\Gives you a Bonanza of Instrumentals (1965) (Sundazed 180g mono) (2496-aksman) - the scanner seems to dislike their names, though that doesn't stop the scan. It is better to deal with the problems though.

    Forgive me for saying so, but the first thing I would do is to correct the problems that you already know about from the scanner log. Then do a full rescan and once again check the scanner log, etc, etc and report back when all the errors you find are dealt with.

    That's just my opinion, for what it's worth.

    Incidentally, you can find the location of the actual log files towards the bottom of LMS/Settings/Information. In your case it is probably C:\ProgramDataSqueezebox\logs\
    Last edited by JohnB; 2017-09-23 at 05:46.
    Touch, Meridian G92, Bryston B4 SST2, PMC OB1i speakers, HP Proliant Microserver/Ubuntu, PC/Windows 7, iPad 4, iPeng, Squeezepad.

  7. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    101
    Thank you for the help. I have now tried to correct the artfile problems revealed by the scanner log. I will, once again, do a "clean cache" and complete rescan of library and report the result.


    Quote Originally Posted by JohnB View Post
    The scanner.log is in a plain text file (good) but the other file ("Server Log & Scanner Log (1).doc") is still in a Word file - can you send it as a text file (zipped).

    The scanner.log file still stops on the same image file: "James Brown - Love Power Peace (label_B).jpg" which it reports as "Invalid or corrupt image file". It will probably continue to stop there until the problem file is dealt with. So why don't you just delete the damned thing? [Edit] Or at least move it somewhere that isn't scanned by LMS.

    There are also problems with the artwork files in: Freddy King\Gives you a Bonanza of Instrumentals (1965) (Sundazed 180g mono) (2496-aksman) - the scanner seems to dislike their names, though that doesn't stop the scan. It is better to deal with the problems though.

    Forgive me for saying so, but the first thing I would do is to correct the problems that you already know about from the scanner log. Then do a full rescan and once again check the scanner log, etc, etc and report back when all the errors you find are dealt with.

    That's just my opinion, for what it's worth.

    Incidentally, you can find the location of the actual log files towards the bottom of LMS/Settings/Information. In your case it is probably C:\ProgramDataSqueezebox\logs\

  8. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    101
    Quote Originally Posted by jdt7385 View Post
    Thank you for the help. I have now tried to correct the artfile problems revealed by the scanner log. I will, once again, do a "clean cache" and complete rescan of library and report the result.
    As mentioned, I once again did the clean cache and rescan entire library routine. After about 3 1/2 hours I once again got the "unexpected termination" message. I have attached the scan and server logs from this latest effort.

    scanner.log.zipserver.log.zip

    Any suggestions?

  9. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Bristol, UK
    Posts
    484
    Thanks for the files.

    Have you looked at the scanner.log?

    There are a vast number of warnings and errors. You really need to check the scanner.log and sort the errors out.

    Most of the warnings are "Invalid RATING tag". These all seem to use a decimate point, e.g. 3.5, however these are warnings, not errors. It is still worth correcting them after you have sorted out the Errors.

    The Errors mostly concern cue files where the scanner cannot find the music file(s) specified in the cue file. If you have re-organised your music files one possibility is that the cue files have become separated from the music files referenced. The scanner.log has all the information you need to find and correct these errors. Go to each cue file that has an error - open it in Notepad - look for the line(s) starting with FILE - and check why it can't find those files. These errors will greatly slow down the scanner, to say the least.

    In general, when you scan your music library after major changes it is important to look at the scanner.log to spot any errors - so you can check your files and correct the errors. (It is also a good idea to periodically check the scanner.log in any case.)

    I always open the scanner.log file in Notepad (or Wordpad) then search for "Error".

    As I said before, in Windows 7 64bit your scanner.log file should be in C:\ProgramData\Squeezebox\logs\

    So, what you need to do is go through the scanner.log and correct the errors. Then do a "Clear library and rescan everything". Then check the scanner.log again and sort out any remaining errors, do a full rescan - and repeat until you have cleared all the errors.

    Once you have done that do report back if you still have problems.
    Touch, Meridian G92, Bryston B4 SST2, PMC OB1i speakers, HP Proliant Microserver/Ubuntu, PC/Windows 7, iPad 4, iPeng, Squeezepad.

  10. #20
    Babelfish's Best Boy mherger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    19,964

    Server scan terminates unexpectedly afterlong loop.

    > As mentioned, I once again did the clean cache and rescan entire library
    > routine. After about 3 1/2 hours I once again got the "unexpected
    > termination" message. I have attached the scan and server logs from this
    > latest effort.


    Are you using LMS to serve media files (in particular movies and photos)
    to DLNA renderers? Your scan seems to be crashing while scanning
    photos/movies. If you didn't do this intentionally, then make sure you
    disable this in Settings/Basic in the web UI.

    --

    Michael

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •