Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by wtnh View Post
    Hey - its all about the music anyway, and if you are happy with it look no further!

BTW - I just got a headless Pi Zero W working with an Allo Mini Boss dac (in I2C master mode) - running pCP 3.21 - sounds very nice streaming from LMS running on an RPi 3 over built-in wifi. I have not yet added LMS to the Zero or experimented with multiple SSIDs - one thing at a time!
    Sounds good - let me know, if you have any new thoughts on the multiple SSID issue.

Other than that - here are some pictures from my piPAL setup:
    http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...l=1#post893404
    Heiner
    My system:
    LMS 7.9 on modded Open Peak Joggler running Roobarbs SqueezePlay OS.
    1 x Slimp3
    5 x Squeezebox Classic
    1 x Controller
    2 x Squeeze Commander (on 2 rooted Nook Touch e-reader)
    X x Squeezeplay & Jivelites on various PC's & Laptops

Glad you got it to work. However, I would not expect it to sound any better than a regular pi audio out jack. I found these to be noisy and not exactly hifi. You could probably improve sound with even a cheap hat dac.

This is available to try on the pi, I don't know if it works on pCP though

https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/v...?f=29&t=136445

Quote Originally Posted by Man in a van View Post
    This is available to try on the pi, I don't know if it works on pCP though

https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/v...?f=29&t=136445
    Thanks for this hint!
    Looking at my default config.txt, it has already the following line
    audio_pwm_mode=2
    in there.
    So I guess, this optimization is already implemented in pCP?
    Heiner
    My system:
    1 x Slimp3
    5 x Squeezebox Classic
    1 x Controller

I've been using the GGMM-E5 portable player in conjunction with Phillipe's UPNP plugin. It works as a reasonable looking/sounding, battery powered player (like a Bose speaker) any where in range of your home wifi. I started thinking of trying to do what you are doing but this device is much more elegant.

http://www.ggmm.com/e5-wireless-smar...-p00011p1.html
    Music Store & VPN Server: Synology DS215J NAS
    Home Server/Player:
    LMS 7.9.2 on Pi 3B piCorePlayer v3.50 Server/IQAudio DAC+/Amp+
    Homeplug LAN Players: Squeezelite on Windows 10 PC
    UPNP Wifi Players: Samsung Soundbar, Chromecast Audio/Video, Revo Super-Connect Radio, GGMM-E5 portable
    VPN Mobile & Car Player: SqueezeControl/SqueezePlayer on Android Phone

dual wifi setup on piCorePlayer with a Zero

... I have not yet added LMS to the Zero or experimented with multiple SSIDs - one thing at a time!
    Does someone have further ideas reg dual wifi setup on piCorePlayer?
    More specific for a band-aid idea: Is there a way to access the FAT boot partition (PCP) of picoreplayer remotely while picoreplayer is running?
    (Then I could have 2 newconfig.bak files and rename the appropriate one for the WLAN I want to access after next reboot... not really convenient, I know...)

General Update: My "piPAL" (see http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...l=1#post893404) runs smoothly and I am happy with it.
    Although - as many had recommended - I added an I2S DAC (generic PCM5102A) for sound improvement. I still had to fight noise issues where the Pi transmits 'computing noise' to the PALs Amplifier.
    This seems to be due to the Pi feeding off the same power source - the PALs battery and due ot the fact that they are so close together.
    Noise was *almost* fixed by adding a ferrite core for the power-wires to the Pi and putting max distance between Pi cables and PAL cables.

Now, I am really happy with the setup - if I only find a way to toggle between 2 WiFi settings......
    Last edited by slimhase; 2017-09-24 at 09:52.
    Heiner
    My system:
    1 x Slimp3
    5 x Squeezebox Classic
    1 x Controller

[QUOTE=slimhase;895612]Does someone have further ideas reg dual wifi setup on piCorePlayer?
    More specific for a band-aid idea: Is there a way to access the FAT boot partition (PCP) of picoreplayer remotely while picoreplayer is running?
    (Then I could have 2 newconfig.bak files and rename the appropriate one for the WLAN I want to access after next reboot... not really convenient, I know...)

Hi,
    You could use an esp8266 as a wifi repeater(extender) which mimics the security settings of your internal wifi, such that when you exit the house with your portable player the esp8266 goes with you (built into your player) and aks like a mini router which you can access via your phone to communicate with the picoreplayer.
    You then don't have to have dual wifi, you could build a switch to trigger the esp8266 as and when you need it.

http://www.instructables.com/id/Chea...ender-for-IoT/

I built one to use accessing a motioneyesos standalone remote camera.

I'm sure it would work for the portable player too.

PiCorePlayer Portable music server working with esp8266 wifi hub

Hi,
    I can now confirm that this successfully works with pizero with lms running non-audiophile version 3.2 with phat at full dac benefits running flac.

Other benefit is mobile phone can both act as remote control viewer when it's wifi is set to the esp8266 hub as well as ability to listen via phone ( ok MP3 quality).

Using a wifi dongle and USB 16gb stick for music repository with USB extender.

Next two experiments will involve running it on pizero w and trying an old mobile sim hub (without sim).

PiCorePlayer Portable music server working with esp8266 wifi hub And pizero w

Excellant, working nicely, sound quality top notch, should make a nice compact package as a portable player.

Pizerow, phatdac, esp8266 as wifi hub, USB drive and battery, I think I should be able to squeeze these into a small case with access for micro USB power to charge battery and a headphone socket.

I might need to incorporate a switch to switch on and off esp8266 and another for pizero.

This would allow me to connect to internal network via esp8266 or via pizero.

For remote use switch esp8266 on, control of tunes via smart phone.

Changing mobile network at moment so haven't been able to get mobile hub working yet.

How to access piCorePlayer FAT boot partition (PCP)?

Quote Originally Posted by c3p0 View Post
    Hi,
    You could use an esp8266 as a wifi repeater(extender) which mimics the security settings of your internal wifi, such that when you exit the house with your portable player the esp8266 goes with you (built into your player) and aks like a mini router which you can access via your phone to communicate with the picoreplayer.
    You then don't have to have dual wifi, you could build a switch to trigger the esp8266 as and when you need it.
    http://www.instructables.com/id/Chea...ender-for-IoT/
    I built one to use accessing a motioneyesos standalone remote camera.
    I'm sure it would work for the portable player too.
    Thanks for that idea & link. I will definetely try this WiFi extender Idea using ESP8266 - which I am using already for other things.
    For my PiPal this is not the path to go, unfortunately: Adding another WiFi transmitter in the Radio enclosure would add distortion noise further, which I have a hard time reducing already as it is....

So, does anyone know how to access the FAT boot partition (PCP) of picoreplayer while picoreplayer is running?
    Heiner
    My system:
    1 x Slimp3
    5 x Squeezebox Classic
    1 x Controller

I do.