Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Persistent network mount possible?

Using lms and local music is on windows share.
    Mounting is successful and I can drill down to the right folder.
    But after some time listening to internet radio I'm unable to play local music files.
    If I check folder in setup I'm unable to drill down the mounting point.
    Reboot pi does not help. Only thing is to first intentionally use the wrong password to mount, giving an error, and then remounting with correct password.
    After that it works some time, I guess until I'm using internet radio for a while and therefore not using the mounting point.
    I see an option field behind the mounting point but not having a clue what options are available. Perhaps one to persistently mount the cifs share?
    SqueezeBoxes: 1x Transporter (Living room) 1x SB2 (shed), 1x Radio (Kitchen), 1x Boom (Dining room), 1x piCorePlayer (jacuzzi), 1x piCorePlayer (Garden) 1x OSMC + Squeezelite (Movie room), 1x Touch (Study 2), few spare unit's
    Server: LMS on Pi3 7.9.1. on PcP 3.21
    Network: AVM Fritzbox, Netgear Smart Switch 24p, 3x Ubiquity

Quote Originally Posted by edwin2006 View Post
    Using lms and local music is on windows share.
    Mounting is successful and I can drill down to the right folder.
    But after some time listening to internet radio I'm unable to play local music files.
    If I check folder in setup I'm unable to drill down the mounting point.
    Reboot pi does not help. Only thing is to first intentionally use the wrong password to mount, giving an error, and then remounting with correct password.
    After that it works some time, I guess until I'm using internet radio for a while and therefore not using the mounting point.
    I see an option field behind the mounting point but not having a clue what options are available. Perhaps one to persistently mount the cifs share?
    Given all the issues you are having, I suggest that the core problem lies in how your network is setup and run via the Fritzbox and the switch. No idea how to fix it though!
    LMS server: O2 Joggler with Jivelite, Pi Zero W with PcP 6.0

Amp: Denon PMA-50

Players/Speakers: Touch, Logitech Radios, Sonos Play 1s & Beam, Libratone Zipp, GGMM E2 & E3, Yamaha WXAD-010, Loewe Airspeaker, Google Chromecast Audio, Home Mini & Nest Hub, Amazon Echo 2,3 and Show5, Pioneer WX-SMA1, Roberts S1, O2 Joggler, Cisco Joggler, Fiio M6, Avantree Priva BT transmitter

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Perhaps that's something. Didn't reboot the router perhaps that's the problem even if I'm only using the fritz box as gateway to internet. So only one Lan port in use. Banging my head to the wall about this 😠
    Will try reboot fritz box.
    SqueezeBoxes: 1x Transporter (Living room) 1x SB2 (shed), 1x Radio (Kitchen), 1x Boom (Dining room), 1x piCorePlayer (jacuzzi), 1x piCorePlayer (Garden) 1x OSMC + Squeezelite (Movie room), 1x Touch (Study 2), few spare unit's

Is the Windows machine configured not to go into sleep mode or power down the disks?
    VB2.4 storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
    Living Room - Joggler & SB3 -> Onkyo TS606 -> Celestion F20s
    Office - Pi3+Sreen -> Sony TAFE320 -> Celestion F10s / Pi2+DAC & SB3 -> Onkyo CRN755 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
    Dining Room -> SB Boom
    Kitchen -> UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
    Bedroom (Bedside) - Pi2+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
    Bedroom (TV) - SB Touch ->Sherwood AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s
    Everything controlled by iPeng

Absolutely, it's running 24/7

Two things. What distro on the pi and how did you setup the cifs mount? Typically a cifs mount involves you storing the password in the fstab. If you do this it will always reconnect after any network glitch. If you don't do this, it will not reconnect after a reboot, but should still maintain the mount until you explicitly unmount it.

Transcoded from Matt's brain by Tapatalk
    --
    Hardware: 3x Touch, 1x Radio, 2x Receivers, 1 HP Microserver NAS with Debian+LMS 7.9.0
    Music: ~1300 CDs, as 450 GB of 16/44k FLACs. No less than 3x 24/44k albums..

I'm using PiCorePlayer v3.20

Quote Originally Posted by edwin2006 View Post
    Absolutely, it's running 24/7
    My money is still on the Windows box being the issue. I have never experienced such an issue with pCP mounting a Linux based share on a NAS. The only caveat being that the NAS needs to be fully up and running before you boot the Pi.
    VB2.4 storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
    Living Room - Joggler & SB3 -> Onkyo TS606 -> Celestion F20s
    Office - Pi3+Sreen -> Sony TAFE320 -> Celestion F10s / Pi2+DAC & SB3 -> Onkyo CRN755 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
    Dining Room -> SB Boom
    Kitchen -> UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
    Bedroom (Bedside) - Pi2+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
    Bedroom (TV) - SB Touch ->Sherwood AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s
    Everything controlled by iPeng

Quote Originally Posted by d6jg View Post
    My money is still on the Windows box being the issue. I have never experienced such an issue with pCP mounting a Linux based share on a NAS. The only caveat being that the NAS needs to be fully up and running before you boot the Pi.
    I agree. My music files are on a WD myCloud (that's it below next to my LMS/piCorePlayer sever). It's set to sleep after a period of non activity, it wakes no problem when there's a demand. It's no trouble whatsoever, it just works.

Name:  pic23-07-2017-11.46.04.jpg
Views: 239
Size:  18.9 KB

Name:  lmswd.jpg
Views: 239
Size:  49.7 KB
    Server - LMS 8.0.0 Pi4B 4GB/Flirc case/pCP 6.1.0 18K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)
    Study - Pi3B+/pCP 5.0.0/pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/jivelite,
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 5.0.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Squeezebox Boom
    Garage - Squeezebox Touch > Edifier R980T

Spares - 1xTouch, 1xSB3, 1xRadio, 7xRPi

Quote Originally Posted by d6jg View Post
    The only caveat being that the NAS needs to be fully up and running before you boot the Pi.
    With 3.21, there is now a retry loop on the network mount, to handle reboots from a power outage. I think it will try for about 2 minutes. Nas boxes normally startup pretty quick.