Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Logitech squeezebox boom can't connect to mysqueezebox.com

I got pre-owned Logitech Squeezebox Boom radio and tried to setup it, connection via the Wifi router. On the last step, when squeezebox need connect to MYSQUEEZEBOX.COM server, it just stay on "Connecting to mysqueezebox.com.." - can't connect to the server. I tried wired ethernet connection too, the same thing, device can't connect. Is there way completely reset device, and remove old settings remaining from the previous owner? As I can see from Squeezebox "Information" menu, the device still keep old entries (email address of previous owner).
    Last edited by syntex; 2018-03-30 at 09:54.

Using the button on the Boom, press and hold the the back arrow until you get back to setup.

Using the knob, 1 click clockwise (usually) will bring you to 'current settings' - Press the knob to enter this menu
    Turn knob (usually) 1 click counter-clockwise of knob till you see 'factory reset'
    Press knob and follow instructions...

If at all possible, try using the wired network first to establish the connection to your LMS server. This will somewhat ensure nothing else is going on first.
    Then to switch over to wireless networking, simply press and hold the back button again, and then go into network setup again but select 'wireless' this time.

Networking and the whole 'mysqueezebox.com' connection issue caused me a lot of pain at one time also.

It seems like once it connects to 'mysqueezebox.com', sometimes it seems it doesn't want to try anything else.
    Player: 1 x Transporter w/Trans-knob, 2 x Touch (Active, 3 x Spares), 4 x Boom (Active, 9 x Spares)
    Server: 1 x Win Server (ESXi 6.x) w/LMS, 1 x HP 24" Touch Screen PC w/LMS & SqueezePlay
    Control: 4 x w/iPeng, 1 x Samsung Note 4, 3ea x Fire 7", 8ö tablets, 1 x 10" all w/SqueezeCtrl & Player (Angry Goat)
    Audio: Mark Levinson 23.5 Amp, 380s Pre, 390s CD, B&W 801 II, Acoustic Energy AE-2 signature, SOTA Sapphire table

Computer geek/tech hoarder(!), and DAMN I love the LMS/Squeeze infrastructure!

Quote Originally Posted by markm9999 View Post
    Using the button on the Boom, press and hold the the back arrow until you get back to setup.

Using the knob, 1 click clockwise (usually) will bring you to 'current settings' - Press the knob to enter this menu
    Turn knob (usually) 1 click counter-clockwise of knob till you see 'factory reset'
    Press knob and follow instructions...

If at all possible, try using the wired network first to establish the connection to your LMS server. This will somewhat ensure nothing else is going on first.
    Then to switch over to wireless networking, simply press and hold the back button again, and then go into network setup again but select 'wireless' this time.

Networking and the whole 'mysqueezebox.com' connection issue caused me a lot of pain at one time also.

It seems like once it connects to 'mysqueezebox.com', sometimes it seems it doesn't want to try anything else.

I did factory reset and tried use wired network to establish the connection to mysqueezebox.com: after choosing a wired network option, Boom get IP address, internet connectivity, then show 'Setup is completed" and show clock. When turn on, it still can't connect to mysqueezebox.com. I checked mysqueezebox.com "Information" menu, it still show account email belonging to the previous owner. I think that old entries still present in NVRAM or cached somewhere.
    I find that I can search Internet radio stations and add it to Favorites use 'Radio' menu on Boom itself, without using mysqueezebox.com portal. Where these data is stored? locally on Boom itself?
    Last edited by syntex; 2018-03-29 at 14:34.

Quote Originally Posted by syntex View Post
    I did factory reset and tried use wired network to establish the connection to mysqueezebox.com: after choosing a wired network option, Boom get IP address, internet connectivity, then show 'Setup is completed" and show clock. When turn on, it still can't connect to mysqueezebox.com. I checked mysqueezebox.com "Information" menu, it still show account email belonging to the previous owner. I think that old entries still present in NVRAM or cached somewhere.
    I find that I can search Internet radio stations and add it to Favorites use 'Radio' menu on Boom itself, without using mysqueezebox.com portal. Where these data is stored? locally on Boom itself?
    I guess I misunderstood your original question(?), but I thought you were trying to get it to connect directly to your local LMS install.

Do you really NEED to use mysqueezebox.com, or are you not really sure? You don't have to use mysqueezebox.com - in fact I never do, since some of the services have already been moved to a direct from LMS connection. I admit I'm not a big online music listener, but I do use Bandcamp, and soon probably Spotify, along with radio stations and podcasts - directly from my LMS install.

I believe mysqueezebox.com knows the Boom by its hardware ID, so this is held in the account info at the site.
    Having said that, I know there is a way to re-associate the hardware with your account because I've done it. I just don't remember how right now.

I'll fumble around with one of Booms and try to get back to you soon, but in the meantime perhaps someone with more knowledge of the process will chime in...
    Last edited by markm9999; 2018-03-29 at 20:54.
    Player: 1 x Transporter w/Trans-knob, 2 x Touch (Active, 3 x Spares), 4 x Boom (Active, 9 x Spares)
    Server: 1 x Win Server (ESXi 6.x) w/LMS, 1 x HP 24" Touch Screen PC w/LMS & SqueezePlay
    Control: 4 x w/iPeng, 1 x Samsung Note 4, 3ea x Fire 7", 8ö tablets, 1 x 10" all w/SqueezeCtrl & Player (Angry Goat)
    Audio: Mark Levinson 23.5 Amp, 380s Pre, 390s CD, B&W 801 II, Acoustic Energy AE-2 signature, SOTA Sapphire table

Logitech squeezebox boom can't connect tothe server

I believe you have to contact Logitech support to remove the prior user
    from your Boom.

I bought a used Boom once and the user did not unregister it.

This is the only way,

David

On Thu, Mar 29, 2018, 23:44 markm9999 <
    markm9999.8exffb (AT) no-mx (DOT) fo...limdevices.com> wrote:

>
    > syntex wrote:
    > > I did factory reset and tried use wired network to establish the
    > > connection to mysqueezebox.com: after choosing a wired network option,
    > > Boom get IP address, internet connectivity, then show 'Setup is
    > > completed" and show clock. When turn on, it still can't connect to
    > > mysqueezebox.com. I checked mysqueezebox.com "Information" menu, it
    > > still show account email belonging to the previous owner. I think that
    > > old entries still present in NVRAM or cached somewhere.
    > > I find that I can search Internet radio stations and add it to Favorites
    > > use 'Radio' menu on Boom itself, without using mysqueezebox.com portal.
    > > Where these data is stored? locally on Boom itself?

>
    > I guess I misunderstood your original question(?), but I thought you
    > were trying to get it to connect directly to your local LMS install.
    >
    > Do you really NEED to use mysqueezebox.com, or are you not really sure?
    > You don't have to use mysqueezebox.com - in fact I never do, since most
    > of the services have already been moved to a direct from LMS connection.
    > I admit I'm not a big online music listener, but I do use Bandcamp,
    > Pandora, and soon probably Spotify, along with radio stations and
    > podcasts - directly from my LMS install.
    >
    > I believe mysqueezebox.com knows the Boom by its hardware ID, so this is
    > held in the account info at the site.
    > Having said that, I know there is a way to re-associate the hardware
    > with your account because I've done it. I just don't remember how right
    > now.
    >
    > I'll fumble around with one of Booms and try to get back to you soon,
    > but in the meantime perhaps someone with more knowledge of the process
    > will chime in...
    >
    >
    >
    > *Player: *1 x Transporter w/Trans-knob, 2 x Touch (Active, 3 x Spares),
    > 4 x Boom (Active, 9 x Spares)
    > *Server: *1 x Win Server (ESXi 6.x) w/LMS, 1 x HP 24" Touch Screen PC
    > w/LMS & SqueezePlay
    > *Control: *4 x w/iPeng, 1 x Samsung Note 4, 3ea x Fire 7", 8ÔÇŁ tablets, 1
    > x 10" all w/SqueezeCtrl & Player (Angry Goat)
    > *Audio: *Mark Levinson 23.5 Amp, 380s Pre, 390s CD, B&W 801 II, Acoustic
    > Energy AE-2 signature, SOTA Sapphire table
    >
    > Computer geek/tech hoarder(!), and DAMN I love the LMS/Squeeze
    > infrastructure!
    > ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    > markm9999's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=65015
    > View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=108874
    >
    >

Quote Originally Posted by djringjr View Post
    I believe you have to contact Logitech support to remove the prior user from your Boom.
    This is the only way,
    After much fiddling, I finally did some Googling and found you are correct - for the older models like the Boom. Good to know for future reference since I just bought yet another used Boom!

Here's a link to another forum post that is relatively recent...
    http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...the-squeezebox

I checked mysqueezebox.com "Information" menu, it still show account email belonging to the previous owner...
    Once you've successfully disassociated your Boom from the old account, if you would kindly post back here regarding the process, and any email/phone # used I'd certainly appreciate it - and I'm sure others that find this post would also.

If you could also post the same info to this link that would be great too!
    http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...the-squeezebox

Quote Originally Posted by markm9999 View Post
    I guess I misunderstood your original question(?), but I thought you were trying to get it to connect directly to your local LMS install.

Do you really NEED to use mysqueezebox.com, or are you not really sure? You don't have to use mysqueezebox.com - in fact I never do, since some of the services have already been moved to a direct from LMS connection. I admit I'm not a big online music listener, but I do use Bandcamp, and soon probably Spotify, along with radio stations and podcasts - directly from my LMS install.
    Primarily, I need Boom as Wifi internet radio device to play livestream radio stations rather than stream audio from the computer to Squeezebox.
    So using mysqueezebox.com portal is handy in terms of convenience, it's easier to add/manage internet radio stations and streams from MySB.com portal than from Squeezebox device.
    I just contacted the previous owner I bought it from, hope he can help in this matter. If not, I will contact Logitech to remove device from MySB.com database.

Primarily, I need Boom as Wifi internet radio device to play livestream radio stations rather than stream audio from the computer to Squeezebox.
    So using mysqueezebox.com portal is handy in terms of convenience, it's easier to add/manage internet radio stations and streams from MySB.com portal than from Squeezebox device.
    I just contacted the previous owner I bought it from, hope he can help in this matter. If not, I will contact Logitech to remove device from MySB.com database.
    The previous owner cannot delete your Boom from his account unless it's connected to his account.

Just PM mherger on this forum with your details and the mac address of the Boom (on bottom of Boom).
    Study/Server - LMS 7.9.2 - Pi3B+/pCP 3.5.0/pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/jivelite, 25K library and playlists on WDMyCloud, LMS cache on a USB stick (formatted ntfs).
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 3.5.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Pi3B/pCP 3.5.0 > HiFiBerry AMP+/retro radio
    Garage - Pi3B/Pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/pCP 3.5.0 > Edifier R980T
    In car - RPi3B/pCP in AP mode > HiFiBerry DAC+ > car's audio (files on a 2TB USB drive)
    Spares - 1xTouch, 1xSB3, 1xRadio, 1xBoom

Quote Originally Posted by kidstypike View Post
    The previous owner cannot delete your Boom from his account unless it's connected to his account.

Just PM mherger on this forum with your details and the mac address of the Boom (on bottom of Boom).
    Wow! Didn't think about the 'having to be connected' part, but it makes sense since it needs to talk to the Boom.

It's a shame to have to involve mherger for something this trivial...