Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Hypothesis / fix

Setup (2 x RPi3):
    • A: LMS + piCorePlayer
    • B: solo piCorePlayer
    • Music files on NAS

Behaviours:
    1) Sync B to A: Sync error occurs within first minute
    2) Sync A to B: No sync error occurs (within 20+ tracks)

So syncing from LMS+player to solo player seems to fix problem.

Open question: Why does sync-direction fix sync-problem?

Disclaimer: I have not tested thoroughly, I will report back if fix keeps working over the next weeks.
    --
    Niels Kolds° | linked-in

I seem to have just started having this problem as well. Seems to be isolated to Spotty, and not any of the other services so far. Been going on for a few weeks for me.

• The time-to-issue changes. Sometimes it's about 10 seconds or so right in the beginning of a session. Other times slightly less, other times slightly more.
    • At other times, I notice the music is stopped after a long period of play, like, if I come back in after some time away, and have left the system playing.
    • I look at the LMS control on the computer, and it shows the track progress bar and the time advancing, then drops back, advances again, then drops back.
    • I think I've seen on one of the Squeezebox players, "Waiting for sync".
    • I am using a combination of Squeezebox players, piCorePlayer, and LMS running on a home PC.
    • Players are Wifi connected with 95% or better signal strength.
    • I've tried the unsynch-resynch trick, as that has helped hiccups in the past, but not in this case this time.
    • I seem to be able to correct the issue by powering down one of the SBTs - the same one. If I bring it back in to a playing stream, the stream will stop again at some point.

VERSIONS
    Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.2 - 1557815622

Player Model: SqueezeLite
    Player Type: squeezelite
    Firmware: v1.9.0-1121-pCP

Player Model: Squeezebox Touch
    Player Type: fab4
    Firmware: 7.8.0-r16754

Edit: add video

Edit: add update
    It just happened again, so it's not tied to that one player.
    Turned off another Squeezebox player in the sync list and restarted the track, and it's playing again.
    Last edited by msg; 2019-05-19 at 11:17. Reason: additional information

Quote Originally Posted by msg View Post
    I seem to have just started having this problem as well. Seems to be isolated to Spotty, and not any of the other services so far. Been going on for a few weeks for me.

• The time-to-issue changes. Sometimes it's about 10 seconds or so right in the beginning of a session. Other times slightly less, other times slightly more.
    • At other times, I notice the music is stopped after a long period of play, like, if I come back in after some time away, and have left the system playing.
    • I look at the LMS control on the computer, and it shows the track progress bar and the time advancing, then drops back, advances again, then drops back.
    • I think I've seen on one of the Squeezebox players, "Waiting for sync".
    • I am using a combination of Squeezebox players, piCorePlayer, and LMS running on a home PC.
    • Players are Wifi connected with 95% or better signal strength.
    • I've tried the unsynch-resynch trick, as that has helped hiccups in the past, but not in this case this time.
    • I seem to be able to correct the issue by powering down one of the SBTs - the same one. If I bring it back in to a playing stream, the stream will stop again at some point.

VERSIONS
    Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.2 - 1557815622

Player Model: SqueezeLite
    Player Type: squeezelite
    Firmware: v1.9.0-1121-pCP

Player Model: Squeezebox Touch
    Player Type: fab4
    Firmware: 7.8.0-r16754

Edit: add video

Edit: add update
    It just happened again, so it's not tied to that one player.
    Turned off another Squeezebox player in the sync list and restarted the track, and it's playing again.
    A recent Spotty update added direct Ogg streaming. Not all player types will accept Ogg with the result that LMS will transcode accordingly.
    Iirc some people reported issues with pCP and Ogg.
    You can sync mixed player types but Iĺm not sure what happens when transcoding is required for one player or whether a sync group gets the lowest common transcoded codec? If itĺs the former it must have some detrimental effect.
    VB2.4 storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
    Living Room - Joggler & SB3 -> Onkyo TS606 -> Celestion F20s
    Office - Pi3+Sreen -> Sony TAFE320 -> Celestion F10s / Pi2+DAC & SB3 -> Onkyo CRN755 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
    Dining Room -> SB Boom
    Kitchen -> UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
    Bedroom (Bedside) - Pi2+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
    Bedroom (TV) - SB Touch ->Sherwood AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s
    Everything controlled by iPeng

It affects other devices as well, we've not got to the bottom as to what it doesn't like about OGG, it's best to just disable ogg in spotty.,
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer