Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Spotty Feature request - Add Songs List

First, @mherger thanks for all the work! I just upgraded to spotty today on my ReadyNAS Ultra 4 running OS 6.6.1. I did have to install the 'apt-get install libio-socket-ssl-perl' as mentioned in the thread, but overall it was a pretty easy process.

Now for the feature request, would it be possible to add 'Songs' tab from the Web Player in the main navigation of Spotty?

I believe I read somewhere that spotty was just a protocol handler for the official Spotify app, so I understand if it is not possible/desired. I guess it is also assuming librespot supports the following API (https://developer.spotify.com/web-ap...-saved-tracks/). I was at least able to confirm it is connecting to the api.spotify.com instead of the old ws.spotify.com that I believe the libspotify started on. At least that is my understanding after a quick read this afternoon. I also confirmed that the Songs tab in the web player is using the API as mentioned in the documentation. (e.g. https://api.spotify.com/v1/me/tracks...ket=from_token)

Reason for the request, I like to listen to radio stations and save tracks. Sometimes I like to then just shuffle play that list. I would guess I'm not the only one that does this, but maybe I am. It would be nice to have access to that list without having to create a playlist out of it.

-Beavel

Spotty Feature request - Add Songs List

> Now for the feature request, would it be possible to add 'Songs' tab
    > from the Web Player in the main navigation of Spotty?

I'll have to review how the Songs are implemented in Spotify's clients.
    But the problem is the size of the list: you'd easily have hundreds of
    songs. And we're only allowed to get 50 tracks in one request. Therefore
    getting the full list might take dozens of requests. It might work, but
    would be slow, for sure. And then how would you expect this massive list
    to be presented?

--

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post

Therefore
    to be presented?

--

Michael
    Thanks for the quick response! Some personal matters have kept me from getting back to this until now.

As for how I would expect it to work, I think I would be happy with a paged implementation that presented 50 songs at a time. I reviewed the response from the API and it includes the total number of songs in the list in each request so it would be clear how many pages would be needed. Not sure if there is a way to have a button to add all tracks in view to the playlist. I tried reviewing the Logitech Media Server interface to see if there was something that looked or functioned similarly, but couldn't find anything. Even though that would be slightly inconvenient to maintain the list on the user end, I think I would end up using my sound system more as it is the one thing that keeps me going back to my browser.

Not sure if Spotty with Connect solves this problem essentially. I've tried getting it working, but I don't think I'm clear on how to have the squeeze device to switch from the playlist to Spotty.

-Beavel

Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post

I'll have to review how the Songs are implemented in Spotify's clients.
    But the problem is the size of the list: you'd easily have hundreds of
    songs. And we're only allowed to get 50 tracks in one request. Therefore
    to be presented?

--

Michael
    Thanks for the quick response! Some personal matters have kept me from responding until now unfortunately.

As for how I would expect it to work, I think viewing it in pages of 50 would work as a start. I did inspect the json returned from the API, and it always includes the total number of tracks so calculating the number of pages would be straightforward. I'm not sure if there is a way to add all tracks from a page at once. I tried looking through the Logitech Media Server interface and didn't find anything that did that exactly. I know the lack of this feature is what keeps me going back to my browser most often when I would prefer using my sound system. Even if I had to manually maintain a saved playlist that I updated with the ability to browse, I think the inconvenience would be worth it for me.

Now maybe Spotty with Connect solves this problem. I'm not sure, but I can't get it to transfer. I keep getting the following error in logs:

Slim::Networking::IO::Select::__ANON__ (131) Error: Select task failed calling Slim::Networking::Async::HTTP::_http_read_body: Can't use string ("spotify:album:<hash>"...) as a HASH ref while "strict refs" in use at /apps/nastools-logitechmediaserver/cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/Spotty/OPML.pm line 768.
    ; fh=Slim::Networking::Async::Socket::HTTPS=GLOB(0xa 060c40)

I am running it on a ReadyNAS, so that may be part of the problem.

Anyway, thanks for at least considering this.

-Beavel