Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Announce: Erlands commercial pluginsavailable for free

> The repository should now be available again, the server had hanged so I
    > just needed to restart it, sorry for the inconvenience it caused.

Thanks for fixing this so quickly!

--

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by erland View Post
    The repository should now be available again, the server had hanged so I just needed to restart it, sorry for the inconvenience it caused.
    Thanks Erland.

I think it was mentioned earlier in this thread that your plugins should be hosted on a server that requires no intervention on your part. Given how much reliance I have on your plugins (take that as a complement), it's got me thinking a bit differently on making sure I don't end up in this situation again. I now realize you've got the source code hosted on github, but I have no idea how I'd compile it or if compiling, etc. is even required... not something I care to learn.

At the end of the day, my goal is to just listen to music the way I want to! I'll be taking up PasTim's suggestion of downloading the plugins I use and keeping them in a safe place. Any one of us can get hit by a bus (or a virus) on any given day and need to have contingency plans for the seemingly trivial (until they aren't) things in life. Didn't think your plugins would end up in this category.

The repository should now be available again, the server had hanged so I just needed to restart it, sorry for the inconvenience it caused.
    Hi, Thanks.

I note that the link from your home page under 'squeezebox' is to http://erland.isaksson.info/download/ which is empty. The correct link is http://downloads.isaksson.info/download/ , which can be reached via the download link in the menu on the left.
    LMS 7.9.3 on PC, Xubuntu 18.04, FLACs 16->24 bit, 44.1->192kbps. 2 Touchs & EDO.
    LMS plugin UPnP/DLNA Bridge to MF M1 CLiC (A308CR amp & ESLs) & Marantz CR603 UPnP renderers.
    Also Minimserver & Upplay to same & to upmpdcli/mpd PC renderers.
    Squeezelite to Meridian USB Explorer DAC to PC speakers/headphones.
    Wireless Xubuntu 18.04 laptop firefox/upplay or Android 'phone with Squeeze-Commander/BubbleUPnP controls LMS/Minimserver.

[Custom Clock/Custom Clock Helper] Screen Saver Daylight Clock

Hi Erland/ Hi everybody,

thanks a lot for the great work in this forum to everybody... in this subject especially to Erland.

I really like the ScreenSaver DaylightClock but since a couple of weeks it does not work anymore (don't know exactly but maybe with the switch to LMS 8). I just get the message: "Unable to fetch image from http://static.die.net/moon/480.jpg. Calling the URL from the PC-Web Browser everythings seems to be fine with the URL and the image. Unfortunatley nothing in the log obout it. Can somebody help me with which I'm doing wrong?

Best regards
    Michael

Trackstat New Rating Performance

Not sure if this is the right forum for this question... please redirect me if not.

I'm going through a big review of my music collection to rate songs in Trackstat. When the number of songs rated was around 2,000, rating a new song took about 2-3 seconds. I've now got about 7,500 songs rated and I'm sitting at around 1 minute to rate a single song. I observed the time increase getting worse consistently as the number of rated songs grew. LMS is running on a fairly beefy Synology DiskStation. I've tried deleting and restoring Trackstat data and restarting LMS, but no improvements. No performance issues otherwise, including SQL-based dynamic playlists based on ratings.

Are there any suggestions for improving the performance?

Thanks.

Edit:
    I should note that I'm running the most current plugins and SqueezeBox 8.0. I experienced the same performance issues on LMS 7.7 too though.
    Last edited by blainem; 2020-06-12 at 18:53.

Hello,
    i had to completely reinstall my LMS, and somehow i can not find the Trackstat and Custom Clock Helper.
    i added http://erland.github.io/squeezebox-d...ies/latest.xml to additional repositories, but only very few of Erlands plugins show up.
    Can anybody help me, please?
    Thank you
    The Earth Has Music For Those Who Listen

Quote Originally Posted by Pommes View Post
    Hello,
    i had to completely reinstall my LMS, and somehow i can not find the Trackstat and Custom Clock Helper.
    i added http://erland.github.io/squeezebox-d...ies/latest.xml to additional repositories, but only very few of Erlands plugins show up.
    Can anybody help me, please?
    Thank you
    Are you using LMS 8.0 ?
    In that case thatĺs the problem, see here for more information about current status:
    https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...l=1#post984145
    Erland Isaksson (My homepage)
    Developer of many plugins/applets

Are you using LMS 8.0 ?
    In that case thatĺs the problem, see here for more information about current status:
    https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...l=1#post984145
    Yes, exactly, I am using version 8.0.0.
    Big thanks for the Plugins you provided to the community, maybe I will move back to version 7.9. to run them on my system again. But maybe I will also try to install manually, I had track stats and custom clock helper running on version 8.0.0. succesfully i think

Quote Originally Posted by Pommes View Post
    Yes, exactly, I am using version 8.0.0.
    Big thanks for the Plugins you provided to the community, maybe I will move back to version 7.9. to run them on my system again. But maybe I will also try to install manually, I had track stats and custom clock helper running on version 8.0.0. succesfully i think
    I found downgrading to 7.9.3 installing plugins and then upgrading to 8.0 worked for most of the plugins
    Logitech Media Server Version: 8.0.0 - 1590897265 @ Sun May 31 06:47:52 CEST 2020
    Operating system: Debian - EN - utf8
    Platform Architecture: x86_64-linux
    Perl Version: 5.26.1 - x86_64-linux-gnu-thread-multi
    Database Version: DBD::SQLite 1.58 (sqlite 3.22.0)

One SB Touch connected by Ethernet - Denon AVR -1912 Receiver, Paradigm 4.1 speakers
    SB Touch connected by Optical to Sabaj A4
    amp and Energy bookshelf speakers
    Two SB Radios wireless

Quote Originally Posted by SlimChances View Post
    I found downgrading to 7.9.3 installing plugins and then upgrading to 8.0 worked for most of the plugins

I am running LMS 8.0.0 on a Synology 418j with the LMSUpdate from Pinkdot,
    and manuell installation of 7.9.2 gives me the errror:
    cannot roll back to older version 7.9.2.
    Yesterday i uninstalled it, but lost all settings, plugins etc.
    Is there a way to switch versions, without loosing all settings, plugins etc.?
    Thank you