Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Anyone here still using Asustor NAS to run LMS?

Hi folks,

Seeing as the Asustor LMS forum is pretty quiet, I wanted to check and see if anyone following here uses an Asustor NAS?

While the updated 7.9.1 LMS package works great, I'm stumped getting the new spotify Spotty plug-in up and running (http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...586#post888586). Would love to hear if anyone else has succeeded.

Cheers,

David

Quote Originally Posted by dave_p View Post
    Hi folks,

Seeing as the Asustor LMS forum is pretty quiet, I wanted to check and see if anyone following here uses an Asustor NAS?

While the updated 7.9.1 LMS package works great, I'm stumped getting the new spotify Spotty plug-in up and running (http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...586#post888586). Would love to hear if anyone else has succeeded.

Cheers,

David
    Without details of the Processor in the Asustor I think you will struggle to get a definitive answer but I would say it is unlikely that it will support Spotty.

All is not lost though.

Get a Pi3, install piCorePlayer, add LMS (& Spotty), point LMS at the files on your NAS.
    Apart from burning the SD card, it can all be done via a web browser.
    When all is working switch off LMS on the Asustor.

Install piCoreplayer
    Connect to it via browser
    Switch to "beta"
    Give the Pi a static Ip address
    Reboot
    Re-connect via browser (new IP)
    Go to LMS tab on piCorePlayer
    Download the additional file tools
    Mount the music drive of your NAS
    Download LMS
    Configure LMS - your files should be visible via the browse button
    Add Spotty etc
    Switch a player to the new LMS
    VB2.4 storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
    Living Room Joggler & Pi4/Khadas -> Onkyo TXNR686 -> Celestion F20s
    Office Joggler & Pi3 -> Denon RCD N8 -> Celestion F10s
    Dining Room SB Boom
    Kitchen UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
    Bedroom (Bedside) Pi Zero+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
    Bedroom (TV) & Bathroom SB Touch ->Denon AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s + Kef ceiling speakers
    Guest Room Joggler > Topping Amp -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
    Everything controlled by iPeng & Material on iOS

Quote Originally Posted by d6jg View Post
    Without details of the Processor in the Asustor I think you will struggle to get a definitive answer but I would say it is unlikely that it will support Spotty.

All is not lost though.

Get a Pi3, install piCorePlayer, add LMS (& Spotty), point LMS at the files on your NAS.

Install piCoreplayer
    Connect to it via browser
    Switch to "beta"
    Resize File System (done by just clicking a button)
    Give the Pi a static Ip address
    Reboot
    Re-connect via browser (new IP)
    Go to LMS tab on piCorePlayer
    Download the additional file tools
    Mount the music drive of your NAS
    Download LMS
    Configure LMS - your files should be visible via the browse button
    Add Spotty etc
    Switch a player to the new LMS
    Just adding a very important step
    Server - LMS 8.2.0 Pi4B 4GB/Argon one case/pCP v7.0.0 - 74K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)
    Study - Pi3B/pCP 7.0.0/pi screen/Hifiberry DAC HAT Ruark MR1 Mk2
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 6.0.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Garage - Squeezebox Boom + Fostex sub
    Dining Room - Pi3B/Bluetooth/Echo Show 8

Spares - 2xTouch, 1xSB Radio. 1xSB3, 6xRPi

Quote Originally Posted by kidstypike View Post
    Just adding a very important step
    I knew I'd miss something
    VB2.4 storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
    Living Room Joggler & Pi4/Khadas -> Onkyo TXNR686 -> Celestion F20s
    Office Joggler & Pi3 -> Denon RCD N8 -> Celestion F10s
    Dining Room SB Boom
    Kitchen UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
    Bedroom (Bedside) Pi Zero+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
    Bedroom (TV) & Bathroom SB Touch ->Denon AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s + Kef ceiling speakers
    Guest Room Joggler > Topping Amp -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
    Everything controlled by iPeng & Material on iOS

Quote Originally Posted by d6jg View Post

All is not lost though.

Thanks for weighing in d6jg & kidstypike! I realize Pi3 is the way most folks are going these days, but I'm trying to avoid getting another single-use appliance (especially when my brand news nas, bought in part specifically for LMS, should be able to run it... or so I thought).

Speaking of the Asustor... to answer your question, the cpu is an Intel Celeron 1.6GHz Dual-Core N3050 (so i686-linux). FWIW, LMS indicates the version of Pearl as 5.10.0. It seems I should be able to install the required pearl module using Entware-ng (https://forum.asustor.com/viewtopic....p=28780#p28780) but until I do some more research and reading, implementing this is beyond my current linux skillset.

A question, slightly OT

Hi

I'm running LMS 7.8.1 on my AS202TE and while that works just fine, I would like to upgrade to one of the 7.9 builds. When atteppting at that (following the same procedure as when I successfully upgraded from the beta version supported by Asustor), I receive the following message "Error: cannot determine what we just extracted". I guess I'm doing something wrong, but can't figure out what. Any suggestions?

Mikael

Quote Originally Posted by mist03 View Post
    Hi

I'm running LMS 7.8.1 on my AS202TE and while that works just fine, I would like to upgrade to one of the 7.9 builds. When attempting at that (following the same procedure as when I successfully upgraded from the beta version supported by Asustor), I receive the following message "Error: cannot determine what we just extracted". I guess I'm doing something wrong, but can't figure out what. Any suggestions?

Mikael
    I am running LMS on my Asustor AS5002T and until I moved house had no problems - even managed to update the LMS on it. However have just moved home and while I can access the music fine, the internet radio has become dead. I get Endpoint not connected... Any ideas? Thanks and please bear in mind I am not that savvy and easily confused when asked to check DNS etc....lol

Quote Originally Posted by mist03 View Post
    Hi

I'm running LMS 7.8.1 on my AS202TE and while that works just fine, I would like to upgrade to one of the 7.9 builds. When atteppting at that (following the same procedure as when I successfully upgraded from the beta version supported by Asustor), I receive the following message "Error: cannot determine what we just extracted". I guess I'm doing something wrong, but can't figure out what. Any suggestions?

Mikael
    Perhaps changing the filename?

Quote Originally Posted by RooKie View Post
    I am running LMS on my Asustor AS5002T and until I moved house had no problems - even managed to update the LMS on it. However have just moved home and while I can access the music fine, the internet radio has become dead. I get Endpoint not connected... Any ideas? Thanks and please bear in mind I am not that savvy and easily confused when asked to check DNS etc....lol
    Sorry, you might need to make your own post about this.