Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    > French speaking Belgian radios have (temporarily I hope) abandoned
    > Tunein in favour of Radioplayer (maradio.be).
    > It seems it's a trend that some state radios are moving to:
    > http://www.radioplayerworldwide.com/
    > Apparently they have just integrated it to Sonos. Is there anything
    > implemented yet on the LMS side?

I've seen this coming (people included @mysqueezebox on Twitter). But
    no, I don't even know whether they have an API, or how they model works.
    Will try to find more information.

--

Michael
    I was the guy mentioning @mysqueezebox on Twitter ;-)

Beacuse of that stupid decision to drop TuneIn, I am using URLs to stream French speaking Belgian radios for half a year now... And last week, without notice, they changed their addresses! So I am looking for a more stable option.
    Transporter + Cambridge Audio 651R + Q Acoustics Concept 40 --- Touch + Onkyo TX-SR309 + Morel Applause MKII --- SB2, SB3, Duet, 2 Boom, 7 Radios --- Ipeng --- LMS 7.9.2 - 1537430919 / Max2Play --- Qobuz

I did a wireshark snoop on Android Radioplayer app - and although it did use an api.radioplayer.ie address - when it tried to play audio it fetched a "page" from station which included html+JS and I assume the playing URL was found and then used. Didn't do much more digging. I suspect SONOS will be similar - the app will fetch same html+JS and then pass playing URL to SONOS device.

Interesting ... but I can't find Radioplayer on my Sonos.
    LMS server: Pi Zero

Amp: Denon PMA-50

Players/Speakers: Touch, Logitech Radios, Sonos Play 1s & Beam, Libratone Zipp, GGMM E2 & E3, Yamaha WXAD-010, Loewe Airspeaker, Google Home Mini, Pioneer WX-SMA1, Roberts S1, O2 Joggler, Cisco Joggler

Brexit = ∞ stupidity

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by castalla View Post
    Interesting ... but I can't find Radioplayer on my Sonos.
    Looking at Sonos web site it is very new (27 June?) and it is accessed through an app on phone/tablet.

Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    Looking at Sonos web site it is very new (27 June?) and it is accessed through an app on phone/tablet.
    Where did you find the Sonos website info?

Players/Speakers: Touch, Logitech Radios, Sonos Play 1s & Beam, Libratone Zipp, GGMM E2 & E3, Yamaha WXAD-010, Loewe Airspeaker, Google Home Mini, Pioneer WX-SMA1, Roberts S1, O2 Joggler, Cisco Joggler

Brexit = ∞ stupidity

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Where did you find the Sonos website info?
    Mistaken it was on the radioplayer.de web site https://www.radioplayer.de/apps/sonos.html

But there is also a youtube - check at 1:00 where using App https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdFwMEGOJ-0

Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    Mistaken it was on the radioplayer.de web site https://www.radioplayer.de/apps/sonos.html

But there is also a youtube - check at 1:00 where using App https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdFwMEGOJ-0
    Thanks. The Radioplayer stubbornly refuses to display in any Sonos menus. Maybe it's geo-locked.

Brexit = ∞ stupidity

Thanks. The Radioplayer stubbornly refuses to display in any Sonos menus. Maybe it's geo-locked.
    There is a web app for the chrome browser.

I'll check out the Sonos tomorrow.

ronnie

Hope you are both well

Quote Originally Posted by Man in a van View Post
    There is a web app for the chrome browser.

I'll check out the Sonos tomorrow.

ronnie

Hope you are both well
    Thanks! As well as can be expected!

Brexit = ∞ stupidity

Finally got it added to Sonos BUT it's geoblocked.

Brexit = ∞ stupidity