Which is correct/latest firmware version for Touch ?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • garym
    • May 2008

Originally posted by swayzak
    Can someone explain how to manually update via USB stick (or post an instructional link) ?
    it may be through an SD card rather than USB. Can't recall exactly, seems like I just plugged in SD card (or usb thumbdrive) after downloading fab4 firmware to it, and then in the advanced > software update it picked up the firmware via the SD card. I don't have anything here to try again.
    Home: Pi4B-8GB/pCP8.2.x/4TB USB>LMS 8.5.x>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: rPi4B-4GB/pCP8.2.x/4TB USB>LMS 8.5.x>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win11(64)>foobar2000
    The Wild: rPi3B+/pCP7.x/4TB USB>LMS 8.1.x>hifiberry Dac+Pro (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: Material Skin, iPhone14Pro & iPadAir5 (iPeng), or CONTROLLER
    Files: Ripping: dBpoweramp > FLAC; Post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes, TuneFusion; Streaming: Spotify

Comment

• Apesbrain
      • Jun 2005

Originally posted by swayzak
      However then connected to very latest 7.9x release (1st July) and still no offer of 7.8.0 software/firmware update.
      Copy "fab4_7.8.0_r16754.bin" and "fab4.version" from the link garym provided above to that same directory on your server. Restart your server and you should see a message on your Touch about new firmware being available. Otherwise, do a manual update via Touch: Home > Settings > Advanced > Software Update.

P.S. For some time I ran my two Touches with a mix of 7.8.0 and 7.7.3 and never noticed any difference.

Comment

• swayzak
        • Apr 2008

Thanks all

SD card update worked.
        Touch x 2, Booms x 2, Squeeze Cntrl on Samsung S9+ (Duet Receiver + Controllers x 2 - semi-retired)

Comment

• garym
          • May 2008

Originally posted by Apesbrain
          Copy "fab4_7.8.0_r16754.bin" and "fab4.version" from the link garym provided above to that same directory on your server. Restart your server and you should see a message on your Touch about new firmware being available. Otherwise, do a manual update via Touch: Home > Settings > Advanced > Software Update.

P.S. For some time I ran my two Touches with a mix of 7.8.0 and 7.7.3 and never noticed any difference.
          Followup: I copied the two files to the firmware directory (which I couldn't find in my vortexbox/linux directories, but temporarily connected to LMS running on my windows laptop). Then when I connected my Touch to the laptop LMS, it immediately asked to update firmware (and did) to 7.8.0 r16754.
          Home: Pi4B-8GB/pCP8.2.x/4TB USB>LMS 8.5.x>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
          Cottage: rPi4B-4GB/pCP8.2.x/4TB USB>LMS 8.5.x>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (Radio WIFI)
          Office: Win11(64)>foobar2000
          The Wild: rPi3B+/pCP7.x/4TB USB>LMS 8.1.x>hifiberry Dac+Pro (LMS & Squeezelite)
          Controllers: Material Skin, iPhone14Pro & iPadAir5 (iPeng), or CONTROLLER
          Files: Ripping: dBpoweramp > FLAC; Post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes, TuneFusion; Streaming: Spotify

Comment

• Tony T
            • Nov 2009

Same problem here.
            I have a Touch at a vacation home that I use with mysqueezebox.com (at home I use LMS)
            I copied the files garym linked to a USB drive and was able to update to 7.8.
            (fwiw, if I go to update, it says that a newer 7.7.8 is available! , I guess mysqueezebox.com needs to be updated to suppling 7.8)

Thanks!

(BTW, I was having a problem with Slacker and Pandora stopping when a commercial played, maybe the latest firmware will fix that problem.
            edit: Nope, Slacker and Pandora still stopping when a commercial is played)
            Last edited by Tony T; 2017-07-08, 16:22.
            Tony
             SBTouch ♪ SBRadio ♬

Comment

• mherger
              Babelfish's Best Boy
              • Apr 2005

Which is correct/latest firmware versionfor Touch ?

> Same problem here.

It's not really a problem, is it?

> I have a Touch at a vacation home that I use with mysqueezebox.com (at
              > home I use LMS)
              > I copied the files garym linked to a USB drive and was able to update.

mysb.com is still running on 7.7. 7.8 is only distributed with LMS 7.8
              or later, as the one new feature in that firmware version requires a
              server updated, too (non-destructive touch-to-play).

--

Michael
              Michael

"It doesn't work - what shall I do?" - "Please check your server.log and/or scanner.log file!"
              (LMS: Settings/Information)

Comment

• Tony T
                • Nov 2009

So, should I go back to 7.7 on my Touch that only connects to msb.com?
                (7.8 didn't solve my Slacker/Pandora stopping at commercial problem, which was the reason I wanted to update)
                Tony
                 SBTouch ♪ SBRadio ♬

Comment

• mherger
                  Babelfish's Best Boy
                  • Apr 2005

Which is correct/latest firmware versionfor Touch ?

> So, should I go back to 7.7 on my Touch that only connects to msb.com?

No, 7.8 is fine with mysb.com, too.

--

Michael
                  Michael

"It doesn't work - what shall I do?" - "Please check your server.log and/or scanner.log file!"
                  (LMS: Settings/Information)

Comment

• kalagani
                    • Apr 2007

Hello,
                    I bought an Touch (already have a Classic) and I am checking about its software versions.
                    On my PC with logitechmediaserver-7.9.1-1
                    I see about Touch
                    Modèle platine : Squeezebox Touch
                    Type platine : fab4
                    Micrologiciel : 7.8.0-r16754

Reading this topic, I understand 7.8.0-r16754 is the last firmware,
                    but when I am going to Advanced > update software a 7.7.3.r16676 version is displayed for upgrade!
                    I don't upgrade because I am afraid in fact it is a downgrade!

Why this mismatche beetwen versions showed from LMS and from Touch for upgrade?

So connecting (ssh) to the Touch,
                    displaying fab4.version file shows the 7.7.3 r16676 and no the 7.8.0-r16754

more /mnt/storage/etc/squeezecenter/cache/updates/fab4.version
                    7.7.3 r16676
                    [email protected] Fri Feb 14 08:21:33 PST 2014
                    Base build revision: bad080aecfec8226a4c1699b29d32cbba4ba396b

Now, I have a doubt, which version is running in my Touch?

Comment

Working...