Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast
    0.9.46.0 - Player Mac (Player ID) is now automatic, so the field is gone. You can still specify a Player ID manually using the -m switch in the command line parameters if you wish, but there is no need to.

Coming up with a way to manage the unique player IDs turned out to be a little vexing. It is easy enough to default to the client computer's MAC address, but that won't work when you have multiple users on the same computer. Here is how it works.

Squeezelite-X will attempt to use the client computer's MAC address as the Player ID. Before starting squeezelite-win.exe, it will first check with the server to see if any players are already connected using that ID. If so, Squeezelite-X will substitute an alternate Player ID made up of the first 3 octets of the client computer's MAC and the last three octets chosen randomly, but checked for uniqueness. Also, if you specify a Player ID using the -m switch, then Squeezelite-X will do the same thing, that is, it will try to use the ID you specify, but if that is already being used, it will make a substitution. So, starting two instances with the same Player ID is prevented.

Similary, Squeezelite-X will attempt to use the Player Name you define, but if it is already in use, it will make a substitution by appending (2), (3), etc after the name you define. If you have multiple users on the same computer, I recommend they giver their players a unique name like "Office-Greg" and "Office-Monica". Otherwise if two users choose the same name you will end up with something like "Office" and "Office (2)" in the order they start Squeezelite-X.

I still have an issue with multiple instances on the same computer - Media Keys. Right now, all instances will respond to and execute media keys. I have not figured out a smart way to control this, so I have added an option to turn Media Keys Off. So if you have multiple users on the same computer you should turn Media Keys Off for all but one.

For those that would like to see the debug log, if you double click on "About" in Settings, you will see a log window. I do not write any of this to a file and it goes away after the program is exited. It only maintains the last 1000 lines.

R Greg Dawson

Version 0.9.46.0 installed and going on two computers. Works fine. Very well done.

Also thank you for the explanation of the programming issues.
    A camel is a racehorse designed by a committee.

Seen sprayed on the outside wall of the local library -
    Three things I hate in life :
    1. Vandalism
    2. Irony
    3. Lists

Download doesn't work - blocked by password.

Greg, I'm at my second home and just tried to download Squeezelite-X and am blocked by MS asking for a one drive password.
    Now I have the software on my laptop and will get it from there, but I suggest you look at a different home such as Dropbox, or ask Michael Herger for suggestions.

1. Vandalism
    2. Irony
    3. Lists

Quote Originally Posted by Wirrunna View Post
    Greg, I'm at my second home and just tried to download Squeezelite-X and am blocked by MS asking for a one drive password.
    Now I have the software on my laptop and will get it from there, but I suggest you look at a different home such as Dropbox, or ask Michael Herger for suggestions.
    Seems to work here OK without password
    Players: SliMP3,Squeezebox3 x3,Receiver,SqueezeLiteX,PiCorePlayer x3,Wandboard
    Server: LMS Version: Latest Nightly on Centos 7 VM on ESXi 6.5.0U1 on Dell T320
    Plugins: AutoRescan/BBCiPlayer/PowerSave/PowerSwitchIII/Squeezecloud/Spotty/Player Groups
    Remotes: iPeng9/Orangesqueeze/PC/Jivelite/SqueezeLiteX
    Music: 522GB,1660 albums with 23087 songs by 5204 artists mostly FLACs

Want a webapp ? See http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...Webapp-for-LMS

Quote Originally Posted by Wirrunna View Post
    Hmmm, that is strange, I have not changed anything there, it should not be asking that, as it is a public folder. I'll look into that.

My intent is to distribute this via the Microsoft Store and I have initiated the process with Microsoft. Since I am using Microsoft's Desktop Bridge technology, there are extra hoops to go through, but I am semi-confident I will be able to get it on the store, but I have no idea how long that will take since this is the first time I have attempted this.

R Greg Dawson

False alarm, apologies, WFU fault in my computer.

Quote Originally Posted by rgdawson View Post
    Hmmm, that is strange, I have not changed anything there, it should not be asking that, as it is a public folder.
    R Greg Dawson
    False alarm, apologies. The problem was my computer, a friend of my daughter had used my computer and logged in to One Drive then must have changed her password when she returned to Scotland. I did not recognise the email address used as a log in name, in fact I have never seen a MS One Drive login before.

I changed the log in to blank and it displayed the Shared > Software.

Back when I setup a Help desk at the company I worked for we would have classified my problem as a WFU fault (Wrong F...ing Username). Other common faults were NPI and NTO - Not Plugged In and Not Turned On.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

1. Vandalism
    2. Irony
    3. Lists

Squeezelite-X Approved for Microsoft Store

Got word from Microsoft today that Squeezelite-X has been approved for the Microsoft Store, so it will there someday soon.

R Greg Dawson

Got word from Microsoft today that Squeezelite-X has been approved for the Microsoft Store, so it will there someday soon.

R Greg Dawson
    Well done, you have achieved a personal goal.

... and it really is a good app, 192.168.2.26 has already fallen off the Firefox top sites and Chrome's most used web pages on my laptop as I use Squeezelite-X exclusively.

1. Vandalism
    2. Irony
    3. Lists

R Greg Dawson
    Brilliant! Congratulations on a job well done!
    Main System: Touch; Marantz SR-5004 + TMA Premium 905 + TMA Premium 901 + Teufel Ultima 20 Mk 2 + BK Monolith+ FF + Lenovo T460 + Kodi + Pioneer PDP-LX5090H
    Workshop: iPad 32GB Wifi + Squeezepad (local playback activated)
    Wherever needed: Acer Iconia Tab A700 + Squeezeplayer
    Kitchen: iPhone 5s + iPeng (local playback activated) + NAD 312 + Teufel Ultima 20 Mk 2
    Headphone (cozy corner): Lenovo T550 + Squeezelite-X + Cyrus Soundkey + Topping A30 + Focal Elear
    Car: TBC ...

Mission Accomplished. Squeezelite-X now published, visible, and available on the Microsoft Store. I have removed the sideload version appx packages from this download folder as it is now obsolete. For those of you that have been using the appx package installs, you can uninstall those. You can delete the RGregDawson certificate from your Trusted People store as that is no longer needed. Then just go get the official version from the store.

Make sure you explicitly uninstall the old version, because the Windows Store version has a different internal application ID, so Windows 10 does not know they are the same app and will not update the sideload version you already have.

R Greg Dawson