Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Ver 1.1 available now

Greg,
    I just downloaded Version 1.1 from the app store for one of my Win 10 desktops, but when I tried on my Win 8.1 Laptop I could not download due to not meeting the system required minimum of Win 10.
    How can I get Squeezelite X for Win 8.1 ?
    A camel is a racehorse designed by a committee.

Seen sprayed on the outside wall of the local library -
    Three things I hate in life :
    1. Vandalism
    2. Irony
    3. Lists

Quote Originally Posted by Wirrunna View Post
    Greg,
    I just downloaded Version 1.1 from the app store for one of my Win 10 desktops, but when I tried on my Win 8.1 Laptop I could not download due to not meeting the system required minimum of Win 10.
    How can I get Squeezelite X for Win 8.1 ?
    Unfortunately, the Windows technology I am using "Desktop Bridge" is not supported by Windows 8.1. You will need a regular non-store installer for Windows 8.1. I'll put a copy of that installer in the old download folder on OneDrive shortly.

R Greg Dawson

I've been running SL-X for some time now, and I am overall very pleased with it.
    But as my Win10 PC is connected using WiFi, it sometimes happens that I have a drop of network (WLAN) connection.
    Eventually, no network means that SL-X fails in its attempts to connect with LMS, and begins to throw errors on screen. Restoring connection doesn't seem to help. Ones SL-X has gone astray, it fails to get itself back on track again.
    All I can do is to exit it completely, and then restart.
    If I leave the PC on overnight, I sometimes the next morning find the whole screen completely filled with SL-X error messages, resulting from just a tiny network glitch during the night.

Is this something you can look into?
    QNAP TS-453Mini 4x3TB RAID5 QTS 4.3.4
    LMS 7.9.1 running in Docker
    Madsonic 6.2 running in Docker
    Plex running in Docker

QNAP HS-251 2x2TB RAID0, QTS 4.3.4
    Kodi 16.1 Jarvis

QNAP TS-119 1TB Single, QTS 4.3.3
    Almost Retired

Quote Originally Posted by oyvindo View Post
    I've been running SL-X for some time now, and I am overall very pleased with it.
    But as my Win10 PC is connected using WiFi, it sometimes happens that I have a drop of network (WLAN) connection.
    Eventually, no network means that SL-X fails in its attempts to connect with LMS, and begins to throw errors on screen. Restoring connection doesn't seem to help. Ones SL-X has gone astray, it fails to get itself back on track again.
    All I can do is to exit it completely, and then restart.
    If I leave the PC on overnight, I sometimes the next morning find the whole screen completely filled with SL-X error messages, resulting from just a tiny network glitch during the night.

Is this something you can look into?
    Thank you for telling me this. I have seen this a couple of times on my wife's computer, which is also connected via wifi. I have been working on it and I already have Version 1.2 submitted to the store which I hope fixes it. Version 1.2 is going through the store certification process and should be available in 3 days or so from now. I will continue to look into this, however, so if you see it again after you get v1.2 let me know.

R Greg Dawson

Quote Originally Posted by rgdawson View Post
    Thank you for telling me this. I have seen this a couple of times on my wife's computer, which is also connected via wifi. I have been working on it and I already have Version 1.2 submitted to the store which I hope fixes it. Version 1.2 is going through the store certification process and should be available in 3 days or so from now. I will continue to look into this, however, so if you see it again after you get v1.2 let me know.

R Greg Dawson
    FYI Also, I was playing with an older version of windows 10 (1703) SL-X would not install on this as it said I needed "features in updated windows" (or word to that effect)
    Installs fine on 1709

Jeff
    Players: SliMP3,Squeezebox3 x3,Receiver,SqueezeLiteX,PiCorePlayer x3,Wandboard
    Server: LMS Version: Latest Nightly on Centos 7 VM on ESXi 6.5.0U1 on Dell T320
    Plugins: AutoRescan/BBCiPlayer/PowerSave/PowerSwitchIII/Squeezecloud/Spotty/Player Groups
    Remotes: iPeng9/Orangesqueeze/PC/Jivelite/SqueezeLiteX
    Music: 522GB,1660 albums with 23087 songs by 5204 artists mostly FLACs

Want a webapp ? See http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...Webapp-for-LMS

Using Logitech Harmony Remote to control LMS

I'm now using the Logitech Harmony Classic handheld remote to remotely control such things as Play/Pause/Stop, Next/Previous etc. on my LMS via the Mediakey Interpretation (capture) feature in Squeezelite-X.
    It's actually very convenient as I have several Logitech remote controls around my house, all connected to the Logitech Harmony Link HUB, which in turn communicates with Squeezelite-X via the built-in Bluetooth Keyboard function in the Harmony Link. The computer (In my case, a Windows 10 PC) where Squeezelite-X is running has been paired with the Harmony Link Bluetooth Keyboard, and when I press i.e. the Play button on my remote control, it sends the mediakey "Play" to the computer via Bluetooth and Squeezelite-X automatically picks it up and relays it onwards to my LMS which runs in a Docker environment on a QNAP NAS.
    Since the Harmony Link also offers a iPhone/Android App, essentially every family member with a mobile phone can now easily control the LMS server as long as they are connected to my WiFi (WLAN). This feature is not "new" as many 3rd party apps has been available for mobile phones to remotely control LMS, but that's all they can do. The Logitech App can remotely control anything in my house that has been configured to talk to the Harmony Link: My TV, Amplifier, DVD/Blueray, AppleTV, ROKU and even Kodi which I have running on another QNAP NAS.
    But LMS couldn't be made to talk directly to the Harmony HUB, so it has been an orphan in my setup. Now, thanks to Squeezelite-X, it's all in again :-)

Thanks Greg for your excellent contribution to the community!

Rgds
    @oyvindo
    QNAP TS-453Mini 4x3TB RAID5 QTS 4.3.4
    LMS 7.9.1 running in Docker
    Madsonic 6.2 running in Docker
    Plex running in Docker

QNAP HS-251 2x2TB RAID0, QTS 4.3.4
    Kodi 16.1 Jarvis

QNAP TS-119 1TB Single, QTS 4.3.3
    Almost Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff07971 View Post
    FYI Also, I was playing with an older version of windows 10 (1703) SL-X would not install on this as it said I needed "features in updated windows" (or word to that effect)
    Installs fine on 1709

Jeff
    Hmmm... I don't know what is going on there. I am able to install from the Store to Windows 1703. It *should* work back to 1607, which is the version that introduced Desktop Bridge.

R Greg Dawson

Quote Originally Posted by oyvindo View Post
    I'm now using the Logitech Harmony Classic handheld remote to remotely control such things as Play/Pause/Stop, Next/Previous etc. on my LMS via the Mediakey Interpretation (capture) feature in Squeezelite-X.
    It's actually very convenient as I have several Logitech remote controls around my house, all connected to the Logitech Harmony Link HUB, which in turn communicates with Squeezelite-X via the built-in Bluetooth Keyboard function in the Harmony Link. The computer (In my case, a Windows 10 PC) where Squeezelite-X is running has been paired with the Harmony Link Bluetooth Keyboard, and when I press i.e. the Play button on my remote control, it sends the mediakey "Play" to the computer via Bluetooth and Squeezelite-X automatically picks it up and relays it onwards to my LMS which runs in a Docker environment on a QNAP NAS.
    Since the Harmony Link also offers a iPhone/Android App, essentially every family member with a mobile phone can now easily control the LMS server as long as they are connected to my WiFi (WLAN). This feature is not "new" as many 3rd party apps has been available for mobile phones to remotely control LMS, but that's all they can do. The Logitech App can remotely control anything in my house that has been configured to talk to the Harmony Link: My TV, Amplifier, DVD/Blueray, AppleTV, ROKU and even Kodi which I have running on another QNAP NAS.
    But LMS couldn't be made to talk directly to the Harmony HUB, so it has been an orphan in my setup. Now, thanks to Squeezelite-X, it's all in again :-)

Thanks Greg for your excellent contribution to the community!

Rgds
    @oyvindo
    Wow. Well needless to say, I had none of that in mind when I built this. That is one helluva round-about way to get a logitech remote to work. You get a star for ingenuity, that's for sure. I think I'll take a look at this Harmony Link technology wheI get home tonight, seems pretty powerful and flexible.

R Greg Dawson

I think we are done here

This started as a Do-It-Yourself project for me, but now that this application is on the Microsoft Store and apparently has 100+ users, I think now is a good time to end this thread and create a new thread under 3rd Party Apps.

Go here for continued discussion:

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...-Squeezelite-X

R Greg Dawson
    Last edited by rgdawson; 2018-01-12 at 16:46.