Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Not so good news: new prices!
    Due to all the chaos that is currently happening, prices for the displays were massively adjusted.
    Hence I need to follow accordingly. Effective immediately, new gross per-unit prices are:

MN32032A for Classic and Transporter: 76 EUR (previously 58 EUR)
    MN16032GB for Boom: 70 EUR (previously 50 EUR)

If you send me your devices to do the replacement, the charge for my work is:

Boom: 49 EUR gross (like before)
    Classic: 25 EUR gross (previously 17 EUR)
    Transporter: 40 EUR gross

I am very sorry about this but what can we do at the end of the food chain? It is not to be expected that the prices will ever drop again. If they do, I will let y'all know of course.

Damn Corona and Put*n!

Cheers,
    Joe

Gesendet von meinem STK-LX1 mit Tapatalk

PN me if your Boom / Classic / Transporter display has issues!

Blog: https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?ri...50753#allposts

Hi,

I've just bought a used Transporter ( bought as faulty) which is working great after psu replacement and I'm wondering if it's worth having a screen spare at home in case I have issues.

Can you let me know the price posted to the UK please.

Thanks,

Mike.

Hi Joe

Also looking for a display for my Boom if you have any? I've some time on my hands and would love to refurb my unit - need to fix the speakers and replace display.

Paul

This seems like as good a thread as any to ask my question:

If one of the displays in a Transporter dies, is it feasible to cannibalize the display from an SB3 to replace it? That is, can someone with reasonable soldering skills remove a functioning display and reinstall it in another device without killing it in the process?

Quote Originally Posted by TiredLegs View Post
    This seems like as good a thread as any to ask my question:

If one of the displays in a Transporter dies, is it feasible to cannibalize the display from an SB3 to replace it? That is, can someone with reasonable soldering skills remove a functioning display and reinstall it in another device without killing it in the process?
    Hi there,

well, you could extract a SB3 display and put it in place of a Transporter's display, they are identical. But I would consider it a big sacrifice too big to kill a working SB3 just for a display that is probably not really fresh anyway. Even if SB3s are cheap on the used market, their displays are far from beautiful in most cases.
    For people in the U.S. there is a great alternative in buying a brand-new front panel PCB from eBay seller hotdogtec here: https://www.ebay.de/itm/362191359449
    It's two new displays and no soldering required. As long as the supply lasts that is the cheapest and fastest option.
    I am offering the MN32032A display which is needed twice for a Transporter for 78.00 EUR per piece plus shipping.
    It is definitely recommended to change both displays at a time, only replacing one of both will reveal heavy differences in brightness between the old and the new one, no matter how little they have been used.

Cheers,
    Joe

PN me if your Boom / Classic / Transporter display has issues!

Blog: https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?ri...50753#allposts

Quote Originally Posted by JoeMuc2009 View Post
    Hi there,

well, you could extract a SB3 display and put it in place of a Transporter's display, they are identical. But I would consider it a big sacrifice too big to kill a working SB3 just for a display that is probably not really fresh anyway. Even if SB3s are cheap on the used market, their displays are far from beautiful in most cases.
    For people in the U.S. there is a great alternative in buying a brand-new front panel PCB from eBay seller hotdogtec here: https://www.ebay.de/itm/362191359449
    It's two new displays and no soldering required. As long as the supply lasts that is the cheapest and fastest option.
    I am offering the MN32032A display which is needed twice for a Transporter for 78.00 EUR per piece plus shipping.
    It is definitely recommended to change both displays at a time, only replacing one of both will reveal heavy differences in brightness between the old and the new one, no matter how little they have been used.

Cheers,
    Joe
    Thanks for that info. I have on hand a semi-functional SB3 for spare parts, but it seems like that eBay part would be a better solution.