Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

re: talc

Please report back on the talc! I have 4 booms still in play and some are definitely quite sticky....isopropyl definitely didn't help. Got it cleaner, sure, but definitely not less sticky...

I'd love to find a reliable solution!

Quote Originally Posted by bossanova808 View Post
    Please report back on the talc! I have 4 booms still in play and some are definitely quite sticky....isopropyl definitely didn't help. Got it cleaner, sure, but definitely not less sticky...

yep, both mine are very sticky
    Home: VBA 4TB (2.4)>LMS 7.9.1>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (ethernet)
    Cottage: VBA 3TB (2.4)>LMS 7.9.1>Touch> Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win8(64) > LMS 7.9.1>Squeezelite
    The Wild (no internet): PiCorePlayer 4.0 on rPi 3B+, hifiberry Dac+Pro, 4TB USB (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng & Squeezepad), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64) laptop
    Files: ripping: dbpa > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes; Streaming: Spotify

Quote Originally Posted by bossanova808 View Post

Just the volume / menu knob on my booms got sticky, talcum powder mops up the sticky making it nicer to touch,
    It's a bit grey now but not too bad. To be honest it just looks like I haven't dusted it for a while.

Placing the knob in the dish washer helped! But he remaining front panel is still sticky...

Treat the anxiety, not the problem

A different approach

I have two booms, one sticky and one not. For the sticky one, I took the approach to stop reminding myself that it's sticky, and thereby letting it bother me. I don't touch it. I have quite a few controllers and I set one next to the sticky boom, and use either that or squeezecontrol if I have my phone in my pocket at the time.

I have forgotten that boom is sticky. It helps that it's in my shop and real dusty too....maybe also the fact it's not at eye level.

Jim

I finally got around to removing the sticky rubber off my 3 Booms.
    For me methylated spirits and a microfibre cloth worked quite easily with some elbow grease.

The metho would soften the rubber and on the right angle you could see it the 'edge' of the layer as it got rubbed off.

Now all nice and shiny and smooth (and yes, the lettering also comes off).