Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by peterguk View Post
    What software would you recommend to split a single flac into individual flac track files?
    http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...=flac+splitter

Edit: I noticed the the post didn't mention Flacon. This is a very nice splitter for Linux: https://flacon.github.io/
    Last edited by pinkdot; 2017-12-30 at 11:56.
    -LMS on Raspian Stretch -> 2x Radio
    -RPI 3 (Archphile), Aune S6 - Exposure 3010S2 - PMC FB1i

Ditto i use flacon on linux or cuetools on windows .

Medieval. cue splitter is another tool , that often used but ”they” say it can cause some issues in the split files.’
    So on windows its cuetools now .
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Main hifi: Rasbery PI digi+ MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
    Bedroom/Office: Boom
    Loggia: Raspi hifiberry dac + Adams
    Bathroom : Radio (with battery)
    iPad with iPengHD & SqueezePad
    (spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )
    server Intel NUC Esxi VM Linux mint 18 LMS 7.9.2

http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

Quote Originally Posted by squeezevici View Post
    I have hundreds of CD's that I ripped years ago that have not been tagged. Using artist, album, etc. is useless for me.
    I like the old-fashioned "which CD will I listen to now?" approach. (my CD's were in alphabetical order haha) It works great if the flac is split, but not when there is a cue file.

Is this something that is going to be fixed (and if not, why not) or do I have to downgrade to 7.7?
    Hello, l'm having the same problem with a single .wav file and .cue sheet.
    With version 7.8 l can press play on the diectory where the two files are stored and have LMS play them.
    With version 7.9 on l get an error message telling "cannot open file type for..."

I have a collection of 3000 records ripped like that (single .wav+.cue sheet) and it would be quite annoying having to split them all.
    And, besides that, it amazes me why a new LMS version shouldn't do what the previous did.

Quote Originally Posted by chrissy View Post
    Hi,

why don't you simply split the file instead of asking for a fix? It takes only seconds.

Greets
    Christian
    Only seconds? Using what?

I'm running v. 7.9 and a search will find an individual title in a single .ape file (accompanied by a .cue file) containing an entire album, but it plays the entire album while displaying that single title the whole time. Did earlier versions do better? Foobar2000 can do this with no problem.
    Last edited by Lestrad; 2018-12-12 at 06:09. Reason: in fact it was an .ape file, not .flac

I use FLAC and MP3 with external .cue files a lot - and I do see the title changing.
    However, one thing I have seen is on controllers (JiveLite) the track title is often 1 track behind what is playing.
    I have not checked to see if the web view in LMS shows the same thing.
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author Radio France (FIP etc) plugin

Single file + .cue : individual songs not played

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
    I use FLAC and MP3 with external .cue files a lot - and I do see the title changing.
    However, one thing I have seen is on controllers (JiveLite) the track title is often 1 track behind what is playing.
    I have not checked to see if the web view in LMS shows the same thing.
    Thanks!

I have a Squeezebox Touch and also run SqueezePlay on my desktop computer. I'm in the process of doing some tests with other single-file albums to see if this is an exception or not. I'll report back...

Les

(Later) Okay, I tried with another file, except that this one is a .flac whereas the other is an .ape. I can successfully search for a single song and play it - only it and not the whole album - and have its title displayed. Could it be that the problem is only with .ape files?

I'll do some more testing and report back.
    Last edited by Lestrad; 2018-12-11 at 03:27.

I use cue files a great deal, admittedly mainly with m4a (AAC) files but I have also used it with flac files and have never had any problems.

I've even done a quick and dirty Excel macro for myself that generates the cue files I use.

However, I do not play them from Folder Browse but via the normal method using tags (Album or Composer, etc). When playing them this way they work fine.

If your cue files don't behave properly when being played, other than from the Folder Browse, could you upload an example of a cue file that causes problems.

(There has been a long standing issue with playing cue + music files from the Folder Browse. I seem to remember Michael saying, some years ago, that LMS was designed so that people would use the tags to browse and find the music, and that Folder Browse wasn't expected to be the main method of accessing music. Please forgive me if I am misquoting Michael.)
    Touch, Meridian G92, Bryston B4 SST2, PMC OB1i speakers, HP Proliant Microserver/Ubuntu, PC/Windows 7, iPad 4, iPeng, Squeezepad.

Well as I said (unless you read my post before I updated it) .flac files seem to work. The one that gave me the problem I described was an .ape file. I'm in the process of running some tests to see if other .ape - or .flac - files act the same.

As for the search, I hardly ever play files directly from the folder when I use my Squeezebox. Is there a even a way to search directly in the folder?
    Last edited by Lestrad; 2018-12-12 at 06:13.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnB View Post
    If your cue files don't behave properly when being played, other than from the Folder Browse, could you upload an example of a cue file that causes problems.
    Mine are usually chosen by DSTM (Last.fm from own files). I start off with one track - usually found by browsing artist or genre - and play and sit back.
    Sometimes DSTM will choose a track from a big file (e.g. a .mp3 file of a 2 hour recorded radio programme that I have hand-made a .cue file for) and at the end of one such track the track info on JiveLite does not update and the end of the following track.
    I don't think I can repeat it at will.
    Nothing extraordinary about my .cue files ... they look a bit like this ...
    Code:
    PERFORMER "Radio Show Name"
    FILE "Radio Show Name-20180601.mp3" MP3
    TITLE "Radio Show Name - 2018/06/01"
      TRACK 01 AUDIO
        TITLE "Link: 2018/06/01 01"
        INDEX 01 000:00:00
      TRACK 02 AUDIO
        TITLE "Link: 2018/06/01 02"
        INDEX 01 000:11:00
      TRACK 03 AUDIO
        TITLE "Night Owl"
        PERFORMER "Broke For Free"
        INDEX 01 001:20:00
      TRACK 04 AUDIO
        TITLE "Link: 2018/06/06 04"
        INDEX 01 004:26:00
      TRACK 05 AUDIO
        TITLE "Enthusiast"
        PERFORMER "Tours"
        INDEX 01 004:58:00
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author Radio France (FIP etc) plugin

I made a list of all the full-album single .ape files with accompanying .cue files and I've been testing them one by one. So far, in every case, the same thing happens: If I search for a single song anywhere in the album and try to play it, LMS plays the whole album (that is, the whole .ape file) from the start.

If I convert the .ape to to a single .flac file using Foobar2000, then I can search for and play the single file. So, despite what I said at one point, the problem does seem to lie with the .ape format - or rather LMS's ability to handle .ape.