Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 12 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by badboygolf16v View Post
    I couldn't get the Spotify Connect authentication to work, manual entry of my Spotify credentials worked fine.

Could that be related to a firewall on my server VM?

FYI I'm running Fedora.

uname -a
    Linux fedora-lms.local 4.10.14-100.fc24.x86_64 #1 SMP Wed May 3 19:09:53 UTC 2017 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Apart from the lack of seek functionality it's working great.
    If you run

Code:
    spotty -n testing -c /tmp -a
    ? What would that give you on the console?

And what to you mean by lack of seek? Seeking is working fine for me.
    Michael

"It doesn't work - what shall I do?" - "Please check your server.log and/or scanner.log file!"
    (LMS: Settings/Information)

Quote Originally Posted by San View Post
    Code:
    :~$  /var/lib/squeezeboxserver/cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/Spotty/Bin/x86_64-linux/spotty  -c "/var/lib/squeezeboxserver/cache/spotty" -n "Spotty Authorization (UbuntuVM)" -a
    thread 'main' panicked at 'called `Result::unwrap()` on an `Err` value: Error { repr: Os { code: 13, message: "Permission denied" } }', /checkout/src/libcore/result.rs:859
    note: Run with `RUST_BACKTRACE=1` for a backtrace.
    Oh, most likely this fails because you don't have permission to write to the LMS cache folder. If your replace that path with something you can write to, would it work?
    Michael

"It doesn't work - what shall I do?" - "Please check your server.log and/or scanner.log file!"

Any thing I can do to get it to work on Synology DS214+

Hi Michael,

I appreciate all the hard work! Really great attempt to keep LMS in the running for a modern music player. Any chance this plugin works on an ARM processor equipted Synology NAS (DS214+)? I get the below error when I want to go to the Spotty settings to add my credentials.

Code:
    There has been a problem running the Spotty helper application. Most likely your operating system and/or platform is not supported. Please report the following details to me: 

Operating system: Synology DiskStation / armle-linux

Helper Applications Folder:
    /volume1/@appstore/SqueezeCenter/Bin
    /sbin
    /bin
    /usr/sbin
    /usr/bin
    /usr/syno/sbin
    /usr/syno/bin
    /usr/local/sbin
    /usr/local/bin
    /usr/bin
    /usr/local/bin
    /usr/libexec
    /usr/sbin
    /volume1/@appstore/SqueezeCenter/Cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/Spotty/Bin/arm-linux
    /volume1/@appstore/SqueezeCenter/Cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/Spotty/Bin
    ldd (EGLIBC) 2.15

Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    If you run

Code:
    spotty -n testing -c /tmp -a
    ? What would that give you on the console?

And what to you mean by lack of seek? Seeking is working fine for me.
    Code:
    [root@fedora-lms ~]# /var/lib/squeezeboxserver/cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/Spotty/Bin/x86_64-linux/spotty -n testing -c /tmp -a
    gives no console output.

By lack of seek, I mean that I can't click on a specific time in the track to jump to that point.

I've uploaded a new version 0.2.0. No new features, just new binaries for Linux x86_64/i386/arm and macOS. This build should now run on Raspberry Pi1 / pCP, too.

In the web UI (Settings/Advanced/Spotty) you should now get more diagnostic information in case of failure. This includes the binary search path. If you still fail to run the helper, then please post the full output of that page. Thanks!
    The x86_64 binary is still failing on my Synology. Have to swap the x86_64binary with the i386 one.
    The i386 binary is working great

Serverdetails:

Logitech Media Server Versie: 7.9.1 - 1494667952 @ Sat May 13 09:43:23 UTC 2017
    Hostnaam: homeserver
    IP-adres van server: 192.168.1.1
    HTTP-poortnummer van server: 9009
    Besturingssysteem: Synology DiskStation - NL - utf8
    Platformarchitectuur: x86_64-linux
    Perl-versie: 5.24.0 - x86_64-linux

Quote Originally Posted by tjoek View Post
    Hi Michael,

I appreciate all the hard work! Really great attempt to keep LMS in the running for a modern music player. Any chance this plugin works on an ARM processor equipted Synology NAS (DS214+)? I get the below error when I want to go to the Spotty settings to add my credentials.

Code:
    There has been a problem running the Spotty helper application. Most likely your operating system and/or platform is not supported. Please report the following details to me: 

Operating system: Synology DiskStation / armle-linux
    Hmm... armle, but Synology's spec sheet says it was featuring hard float. Can you ssh in to the box and try to run the spotty version in armhf-linux?
    Michael

Quote Originally Posted by badboygolf16v View Post
    Code:
    [root@fedora-lms ~]# /var/lib/squeezeboxserver/cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/Spotty/Bin/x86_64-linux/spotty -n testing -c /tmp -a
    gives no console output.

By lack of seek, I mean that I can't click on a specific time in the track to jump to that point.
    Above command doesn't expect output. But can you use your Spotify app on mobile or desktop to select "testing"? And what UI are you using where seek wouldn't work?
    Michael

Quote Originally Posted by marcelveldt View Post
    The x86_64 binary is still failing on my Synology. Have to swap the x86_64binary with the i386 one.
    The i386 binary is working great
    Could you please print the output from the plugin's settings page? Or the helper app path form Settings/Information?

Would you get any error message when running the 64 bit build from the console? And what would the "file" command report on the latter?
    Michael

Hi

Thanks for your help. To answer your questions

> a) If i try to run spotty from the install then the squeezeserver log
    > shows it starting then being killed.
    _When_ does it start and is being killed? The spotty helper is not a daemon like the older protocol handler. It's run to do some task, then exits again. Eg. when you want to play a track, it's fire up to grab that track, then exits again. And for the next track again, etc. If you want to validate username/password, it's run with those parameters and exists with an "ok" or error.

> b) If I try to run the same command line at a terminal then it crashes
    > with Permission denied errors.
    Please define "the same". That permission denied has been reported by some other users :-(. Would you have avahi or some other mdns service running? Maybe I need to try to catch this issue and handle it in a smarter way.

> c) If I edit the command line(or edit settings.pm and settingsAuth.pm)
    > to use -u and -p rather than -c and -a then
    > c.1) in a terminal it seems to run okay, showing lots of output as an
    > android or windows client connects and plays with no apparent skipping.
    >
    > c.2) In the logitechmedia squeezeserver webpage I don't see anything.
    So you're talking about spotty working as a Connect endpoint? THIS IS NOT SUPPORTED. As outlined in the initial posting.

> d) If I choose a track from the spotify app on the
    > logitechmediasqueezeserver web page and I have credentials set up then
    > it plays the track shows conversion to flac, which means spotty is
    > working for the logitechmedia spotify app?
    That's all it currently is expected to do. Seems to be working fine then.

Hi

Thanks for your help. It starts to make sense now. I misread and misunderstood and thought squeezeserver would show what was playing on the spotify client and/or offer control via the spotify client. Apologies.

For this to work for me I either have to
    a) manually input the credentials via settings->advanced->spotty spotify connect for squeezebox.
    b) edit the code to use -u and -p

I did check permissions on the cache directories and these look okay to me. I'll recheck and advise.

One question on choosing the spotty device from the android or windows spotify client - should it turn green and say listening on spotty to indicate success? I think if I use -u and -p and try to connect via the spotify client, it connects (goes green and says listening on) but then skips over each track in the playlist. I suspect I've confused myself...

Thanks for creating this.
    San

Could you please print the output from the plugin's settings page? Or the helper app path form Settings/Information?

Would you get any error message when running the 64 bit build from the console? And what would the "file" command report on the latter?
    1) There is no output on the settings page... Spotty also crashes when trying to authenticate using Connect protocol.

2) Helper app path:
    /volume1/@appstore/LmsRepack/Bin, /sbin, /bin, /usr/sbin, /usr/bin, /usr/syno/sbin, /usr/syno/bin, /usr/local/sbin, /usr/local/bin, /usr/bin, /usr/local/bin, /usr/libexec, /usr/sbin, /volume1/@appstore/LmsRepack/Cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/Spotty/Bin/x86_64-linux, /volume1/@appstore/LmsRepack/Cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/Spotty/Bin/i386-linux, /volume1/@appstore/LmsRepack/Cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/Spotty/Bin

Looks like both paths are appended to the path ?!

3) The 64 bit version starts fine from the console but when it needs to stream audio it will crash:
    Illegal instruction (core dumped)

4) Synology doesn't have the file command

5) As soon as I move the i386 binary into the x86_64 folder it's working fine.
    Did you test the x86 binary ? If not, I can fire up some VM to give it a try