Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 11 of 47 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Thanks everyone for the helpful suggestions I ended up transferring by changing permissions of the prefs files to 777. I imagine that is not strictly encouraged but I think I can live with the risk of a hacker messing with my squeezebox prefs

Quote Originally Posted by San View Post
    Alas no difference. Spotty starts and stops immediately.
    When run through LMS or in general? Where do you see it starting and stopping?

Quote Originally Posted by San View Post
    For fun I did try hard coding credentials into settings.pm and settingsauth.pm. the client then connects correctly and spotty is shown as player of choice. But playback sees it play 10secs of each song and then skip to the next...
    IMHO that's a good sign. If I understand you right, then spotty would run when started manually (what parameters?), but would skip through tracks really quickly. IMHO this is the behavior you'd see trying to use it in Connect mode: the skipping after 10s is a bug in librespot.

https://github.com/plietar/librespot/issues/175
    Michael

"It doesn't work - what shall I do?" - "Please check your server.log and/or scanner.log file!"
    (LMS: Settings/Information)

Quote Originally Posted by cramcram View Post
    Still no seeking here. The rest works perfectly. Can I help with logs? If yes, please point me to the right direction.
    You're sure you're using Spotty and none of the other 3rd party Spotify plugins?
    Michael

"It doesn't work - what shall I do?" - "Please check your server.log and/or scanner.log file!"

Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    You're sure you're using Spotty and none of the other 3rd party Spotify plugins?
    Yes, of course.

Setup:
    Synology NAS, Intel
    Pinkdot LMS Update 7.9.0 - 164.1150
    Spotty 0.2.0

Spotify Protocol Handler uninstalled.

Would installing 7.9.1 change anything?

Anything in server.log?
    Michael

Anything in server.log?
    No, nothing Spotty related unfortunately.

Hi guys,

Thanks again to Michael for the great implementation. We also tested it under our newest Max2Play and it works like a charm.

Just make sure:
    - That you have the official Spotify plugin active as well as the new Spotty and NOT the any of the third-party Spotify plugins.
    – That you have a MySqueezeBox.com-Account.
    – That your Players’ MAC addresses are active in that Account (“Players” in MySqueezeBox.com)
    – That your Spotify Plugin is active and your premium login is entered and active in MySqueezeBox.com (My Apps -> Spotify in MySqueezeBox.com)

We also just created a Max2Play Plugin for Spotify Connect based on the same open-source librespot library. It lets you login directly from the Max2Play web interface and effectively turns your Max2Play device into a Spotify Connect player, recognized by any Spotify app under the name of your device. It can run simultaneously with Squeezelite and switch playback with a few parameters added.

You can check it out in our current beta and install it with this link: http://shop.max2play.com/media/downl...ifyconnect.tar

If you have any problems with it or want discuss it, this is our discussion topic: https://www.max2play.com/forums/topi.../2/#post-28943

When run through LMS or in general? Where do you see it starting and stopping?

IMHO that's a good sign. If I understand you right, then spotty would run when started manually (what parameters?), but would skip through tracks really quickly. IMHO this is the behavior you'd see trying to use it in Connect mode: the skipping after 10s is a bug in librespot.

https://github.com/plietar/librespot/issues/175
    Hi

I might not have been clear, so...

a) If i try to run spotty from the install then the squeezeserver log shows it starting then being killed.
    b) If I try to run the same command line at a terminal then it crashes with Permission denied errors.

c) If I edit the command line(or edit settings.pm and settingsAuth.pm) to use -u and -p rather than -c and -a then
    c.1) in a terminal it seems to run okay, showing lots of output as an android or windows client connects and plays with no apparent skipping.
    c.2) In the logitechmedia squeezeserver webpage I don't see anything. But the android or windows client says connected and skips to next track after 10-15 seconds - what would I expect to see on the webpage?

d) If I choose a track from the spotify app on the logitechmediasqueezeserver web page and I have credentials set up then it plays the track shows conversion to flac, which means spotty is working for the logitechmedia spotify app?

Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 1198
Size:  18.5 KB

Is there any other debugging I should turn to see what's happening?

Thanks for your help
    San

I couldn't get the Spotify Connect authentication to work, manual entry of my Spotify credentials worked fine.

Could that be related to a firewall on my server VM?

FYI I'm running Fedora.

uname -a
    Linux fedora-lms.local 4.10.14-100.fc24.x86_64 #1 SMP Wed May 3 19:09:53 UTC 2017 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Apart from the lack of seek functionality it's working great.

Thanks Michael.

> a) If i try to run spotty from the install then the squeezeserver log
    > shows it starting then being killed.
    _When_ does it start and is being killed? The spotty helper is not a daemon like the older protocol handler. It's run to do some task, then exits again. Eg. when you want to play a track, it's fire up to grab that track, then exits again. And for the next track again, etc. If you want to validate username/password, it's run with those parameters and exists with an "ok" or error.

> b) If I try to run the same command line at a terminal then it crashes
    > with Permission denied errors.
    Please define "the same". That permission denied has been reported by some other users :-(. Would you have avahi or some other mdns service running? Maybe I need to try to catch this issue and handle it in a smarter way.

> c) If I edit the command line(or edit settings.pm and settingsAuth.pm)
    > to use -u and -p rather than -c and -a then
    > c.1) in a terminal it seems to run okay, showing lots of output as an
    > android or windows client connects and plays with no apparent skipping.
    >
    > c.2) In the logitechmedia squeezeserver webpage I don't see anything.
    So you're talking about spotty working as a Connect endpoint? THIS IS NOT SUPPORTED. As outlined in the initial posting.

> d) If I choose a track from the spotify app on the
    > logitechmediasqueezeserver web page and I have credentials set up then
    > it plays the track shows conversion to flac, which means spotty is
    > working for the logitechmedia spotify app?
    That's all it currently is expected to do. Seems to be working fine then.
    Michael