Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 29 of 47 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    As many have reported librespot (the library used by Spotty) stopped working. There's now a workaround. But I fear it's only temporary :-(.

0.6.1 comes with the latest librespot change and should work again.
    Thanks Michael, working seamlessly again

As many have reported librespot (the library used by Spotty) stopped working. There's now a workaround. But I fear it's only temporary :-(.

0.6.1 comes with the latest librespot change and should work again.

More info here

https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?vi...pot/issues/190

All I need now is for someone to spend a day of their life to type a "how to build LibreSpot on Raspbian Jessie" or point me to a sensible link

ronnie

Quote Originally Posted by Man in a van View Post
    All I need now is for someone to spend a day of their life to type a "how to build LibreSpot on Raspbian Jessie" or point me to a sensible link
    Why would you want to compile yourself?

Get Rust on your Pi: https://www.rust-lang.org/en-US/install.html
    Clone the repository.
    Run "cargo build --release"
    Michael

"It doesn't work - what shall I do?" - "Please check your server.log and/or scanner.log file!"
    (LMS: Settings/Information)

Ahh, Michael, one of the things I don't sometimes understand, is the words

As well as LMS (which I am really pleased with, especially the work and support given by yourself, bpa and some of the other inmates) I like to try and learn.

Currently I run MoOde Audio Player with Spotify-Connect and I have also done a Raspbian Jessie-Lite install with Squeezelite and Spotify-Connect. I followed instructions from other threads in different forums.

I have been using the download from here,

https://github.com/herrernst/librespot/releases

which is a fork (does that just mean a copy, or if there is an alteration to any thing,I don't know) of the build from here.

https://github.com/plietar/librespot

I just thought it would be worth a try at doing it myself (I still have a few remaining strands of hair which are in need of a good pull).

Thanks for the advice, I'll see what I can do.

Ronnie

Still can't get Spotty to work with LMS on Qnap in Docker Container

Still can't get QNAP to work - Spotty menus are there but no sound :-). See my previous post - no responses to it. Anybody any suggestions?

Can't get Spotty to work on Qnap (LMS in Docker Container)
    I can't get Spotty to work in my LMS installation. It shows up in the menus just fine, and I can browse Spotify and play a song, but no sound .

This is my set-up.

QNAP TS-453A with QTS 4.3.3 (latest firmware, 64 bit Intel).
    LMS 7.9.0 in Docker Container using ContainerStation (logitech/justifiably using Debian). That works fine for my regular music play on SBT and SqueezePlay.
    Uninstalled Triode plug-in.
    Configured Spotify credentials using Spotty Plug-in settings in web interface.

Spotty shows up under My Apps, as stated I can browse Spotify and play songs but no sound.

These are the only messages in LMS log file:

[17-06-03 11:53:10.4523] main::init (388) Starting Logitech Media Server (v7.9.0, 1488878280, Wed Mar 8 14:36:54 UTC 2017) perl 5.020002 - x86_64-linux-gnu-
    ead-multi
    [17-06-03 11:53:12.0284] Plugins::Spotty::Plugin::initPlugin (74) Please update to Logitech Media Server 7.9.1 if you want to use seeking in Spotify tracks.
    [17-06-03 11:53:12.3693] Slim::Web::JSONRPC::requestMethod (443) 00:04:20:22:3c:c9: request not dispatchable!

And these are the Folder settings:

Folders

Cache Folder
    /mnt/state/cache
    Preferences Folder
    /mnt/state/prefs
    Plugin Folders
    /mnt/state/cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins, /usr/sbin/Plugins, /usr/share/squeezeboxserver/Plugins
    Helper Applications Folder
    /usr/share/squeezeboxserver/Bin/x86_64-linux, /usr/share/squeezeboxserver/Bin/i386-linux, /usr/share/squeezeboxserver/Bin, /usr/local/sbin, /usr/local/bin, /usr/sbin, /usr/bin, /sbin, /bin, /usr/bin, /usr/local/bin, /usr/sbin, /mnt/state/cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/Spotty/Bin/i386-linux, /mnt/state/cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/Spotty/Bin

Quote Originally Posted by vinnie_tw View Post
    Still can't get QNAP to work - Spotty menus are there but no sound :-). See my previous post - no responses to it. Anybody any suggestions?
    Go to Settings/File Types. Scroll down to the Spotty options. Disable transcoding to flac and mp3 (if available at all). Try again. Would that work?
    Michael

"It doesn't work - what shall I do?" - "Please check your server.log and/or scanner.log file!"

Go to Settings/File Types. Scroll down to the Spotty options. Disable transcoding to flac and mp3 (if available at all). Try again. Would that work?
    Michael - tried that suggestion. The options visible are:

Spotty

FLAC spotty-x86_64/flac
    MP3 spotty-x86_64/mp3
    PCM spotty-x86_64

I switched those to disabled. Whenever I then try play a Spotify song it says: "Problem: Unable to play file type for xxx" where xxx is the song to be played. When selecting the spotty transcoding options, the song plays, but no sound...

Quote Originally Posted by vinnie_tw View Post
    FLAC spotty-x86_64/flac
    MP3 spotty-x86_64/mp3
    PCM spotty-x86_64

I switched those to disabled. Whenever I then try play a Spotify song it says: "Problem: Unable to play file type for xxx" where xxx is the song to be played. When selecting the spotty transcoding options, the song plays, but no sound...
    You must NOT turn off all of them! Leave PCM enabled to see whether it's a transcoding problem.
    Michael

You must NOT turn off all of them! Leave PCM enabled to see whether it's a transcoding problem.
    Sorry Michael, I tried that also, but I get the same error message if I just disable FLAC and MP3: "Problem: Unable to play file type for xxx".

If it is any help these are the error messages in the LMS log file when disabling Spotty FLAC/MP3 transcoding

[17-06-05 17:01:53.7479] Slim::Player::Song:pen (409) Error: Couldn't create command line for spt playback for [spotify://track:1NoWKTDd0FnhUiIevfCU7u]
    [17-06-05 17:02:01.3558] Slim::Player::Song:pen (409) Error: Couldn't create command line for spt playback for [spotify://track:1NoWKTDd0FnhUiIevfCU7u]
    [17-06-05 17:05:53.4690] Slim::Player::Song:pen (409) Error: Couldn't create command line for spt playback for [spotify://track:1NoWKTDd0FnhUiIevfCU7u]
    [17-06-05 17:06:11.8799] Slim::Player::Song:pen (409) Error: Couldn't create command line for spt playback for [spotify://track:1NoWKTDd0FnhUiIevfCU7u]