• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pille
    • Mar 2008

Display faulty

I tried our recommended steps -> nothing
    I loaded the Waveshare provided -> nothing

I think the display is broken, ordered another one. Let's see how the new one works.
    I will inform you, when I have further test results.
    Last edited by pille; 2017-08-26, 18:57. Reason: typo

Comment

• ralphy
      • Jan 2006

Originally posted by nowhinjing
      I am pleased to say that @paul has indeed come up trumps - and that his touchscreen tcz works perfectly with the waveshare 3.5" screen.

I have therefore amended my instructions to suit this much easier and smoother way of doing things.

Hope it helps someone ..

NWJ

23/08 - added a working img download to the site.
      I've added a picoreplayer package for the 3.5" waveshare skin to the pcp repository

Click image for larger version

Name:	wav35skin.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	34.9 KB
ID:	1563206

and added support for the wav_ wallpaper 480 x 320 files to jivelite. It is a repackaging of the zip file with the SetupWallpaper applet and Thumb.db files removed and the wav_* wallpaper files moved so jivelite can load them.

Make sure you reset the repository after installing the skin!

You will need reinstall jivelite to add the wallpaper support.

Note that the clock screen savers do NOT work with the 3.5" waveshare skin.
      Ralphy

1-Touch, 5-Classics, 3-Booms, 2-UE Radio
      Squeezebox client builds donations always appreciated.

Comment

• nowhinjing
        • Sep 2015

thank-you, Ralphy.

I will re-create the set up tomorrow and then modify the instructions.

NWJ

Comment

• nowhinjing
          • Sep 2015

I think it would work ...

@ralphy

I have tried out your new tcz - very slick, but unfortunately the default screen is still set to JogglerSkin, which means that the display on the TFT 3.5" screen is ... bad.

If this could be changed to Wav35Skin, I think it would work.

Thanks to you and @paul_ we are really close to an easy setup process for piCorePlayer with generic small TFT screens.

I will most happily document the results.

NWJ

Comment

• ralphy
            • Jan 2006

@ralphy

I have tried out your new tcz - very slick, but unfortunately the default screen is still set to JogglerSkin, which means that the display on the TFT 3.5" screen is ... bad.

If this could be changed to Wav35Skin, I think it would work.

Thanks to you and @paul_ we are really close to an easy setup process for piCorePlayer with generic small TFT screens.

I will most happily document the results.

NWJ
            We change the default skin to JogglerSkin for the rpi 7" display that pcp supports, so I can't globally change it to the waveshare skin.

However, I can create an additional package say pcp-jivelite_default-wav35skin.tcz to change the default skin to wavshare and include all the depend packages.

I forgot to mention that the WQVGAsmallSkin is also availabe in the Extensions list as pcp-jivelite_wqvgaskins.tcz.
            Is it a requirement for the wav35skin? If so, I can make it a dependency to have pcp load it automatically.
            Ralphy

Comment

• nowhinjing
              • Sep 2015

Yes, Please !

Originally posted by ralphy
              We change the default skin to JogglerSkin for the rpi 7" display that pcp supports, so I can't globally change it to the waveshare skin.

However, I can create an additional package say pcp-jivelite_default-wav35skin.tcz to change the default skin to wavshare and include all the depend packages.

I forgot to mention that the WQVGAsmallSkin is also availabe in the Extensions list as pcp-jivelite_wqvgaskins.tcz.
              Is it a requirement for the wav35skin? If so, I can make it a dependency to have pcp load it automatically.
              WQVGAsmall skin is not a prerequisite for Wav35Skin - you can use one or the other.

A pcp-jivelite_default-wav35skin.tcz that changes the default skin to Wav35Skin and includes all the depend packages would be really great.

Thanks, in advance,

NWJ

Comment

• ralphy
                • Jan 2006

WQVGAsmall skin is not a prerequisite for Wav35Skin - you can use one or the other.

A pcp-jivelite_default-wav35skin.tcz that changes the default skin to Wav35Skin and includes all the depend packages would be really great.

Thanks, in advance,

NWJ
                Done. Just select the pcp-jivelite_default-wav35skin.tcz from Extensions.

Name:	def2.jpg
Size:	30.1 KB
ID:	1563219

The pcp-jivelite_wav35skin.tcz is loaded automatically. Don't forget to reset the repository after loading the extension.

Name:	def3.jpg
Size:	12.9 KB
ID:	1563220

No need to reboot, you can just click the Reset button in the Jivelite Setup section on the Tweaks tab and jivelite will restart using the wav35skin.

Name:	tweaks.jpg
Size:	23.9 KB
ID:	1563218

Enjoy
                Ralphy

Comment

• nowhinjing
                  • Sep 2015

It works ...

@ralphy

Thank-you, that works as long as you create an executable jivelite.sh in /mnt/mmcblk0p2/tce/
                  Code:
                  #!/bin/sh
                  if [ ! -z ${SDL_TOUCHSCREEN} ]; then
                      export JIVE_NOCURSOR=1
                  fi

# export SDL_VIDEO_FBCON_ROTATION=UD

export HOME=/home/tc
                  export JIVE_FRAMERATE=22

/usr/sbin/fbset -depth 32

while true; do
                      sleep 3
                      SDL_VIDEODRIVER=fbcon SDL_FBDEV=/dev/fb1 /opt/jivelite/bin/jivelite &
                  done
                  and change the end of /home/tc/www/cgi-bin/do_rebootstuff.sh to read
                  Code:
                  if [ "$JIVELITE" = "yes" ]; then
                  	echo -n "${BLUE}Starting Jivelite... ${NORMAL}"
                  #	eventno=$( cat /proc/bus/input/devices | awk '/FT5406 memory based driver/{for(a=0;a>=0;a++){getline;{if(/mouse/==1){ print $NF;exit 0;}}}}')
                  #	if [ x"" != x"$eventno" ];then
                  #	export JIVE_NOCURSOR=1
                  		export TSLIB_TSDEVICE=/dev/input/event0
                  		export SDL_MOUSEDRV=TSLIB
                  		export SDL_MOUSEDEV=$TSLIB_TSDEVICE
                  #	fi
                          export HOME=/home/tc
                          if [ -x /opt/jivelite/bin/jivelite.sh ]; then
                                  echo "${GREEN}Done.${NORMAL}"
                                  sudo -E -b /mnt/mmcblk0p2/tce/jivelite.sh > /dev/null 2>&1
                  #               sudo -E -b /opt/jivelite/bin/jivelite.sh >/dev/null 2>&1
                          else
                                  echo "${RED}There is a problem with the Jivelite installation. Please remove and reinstall jivelite.${NORMAL}"
                          fi
                  fi
                  Thank-you greatly for this, it will save me many hours of updating as the versions go along.

NWJ

Comment

• piPlayer
                    • Jan 2016

Originally posted by ralphy
                    Note that the clock screen savers do NOT work with the 3.5" waveshare skin.
                    On my system the clock screen savers working well with the waveshare display.
                    Therefore I have changed the resolution of the clock .png images and modified the ClockApplet.lua file.
                    But in my case the .png files must be stored in the clock folder of WQVGAsmallSkin and not in the Wav35Skin clock folder.
                    Therfore I do need the WQVGAsmallSkin. Maybe it is not the best way but it works for me.
                    Is it possible to added these changes to the pcp-jivelite_default-wav35skin.tcz extension?

Comment

• nowhinjing
                      • Sep 2015

Instructions improved and updated

The instructions have been improved and updated to reflect progress so far ... Please see

Code:
                      www.pughx2.com
                      Again many thanks to @Paul_ and @Ralphy for their invaluable expertise.

Hope it is of use to someone ...

NWJ

Comment

• gsp_steve
                        • Dec 2016

Did anyone know if this also works on a Raspberry Model B?

Comment

• nowhinjing
                          • Sep 2015

Give it a go !

Originally posted by gsp_steve
                          Did anyone know if this also works on a Raspberry Model B?
                          Don't Know - give it a go - you will only waste an hour of your time and you will add to our wealth of knowledge ...

NWJ

Comment

• ralphy
                            • Jan 2006

Originally posted by piPlayer
                            On my system the clock screen savers working well with the waveshare display.
                            Therefore I have changed the resolution of the clock .png images and modified the ClockApplet.lua file.
                            But in my case the .png files must be stored in the clock folder of WQVGAsmallSkin and not in the Wav35Skin clock folder.
                            Therfore I do need the WQVGAsmallSkin. Maybe it is not the best way but it works for me.
                            Is it possible to added these changes to the pcp-jivelite_default-wav35skin.tcz extension?
                            Hence my comment about them not working with the default jivelite as it requires changes to the ClockApplet.

Try installing your images in /home/tc/.jivelite/userpath/applets/WQVGAsmallSkin/images/Clocks/{Analog,Digital,Dot_Matrix,WordClock}
                            Ralphy

Comment

• pille
                              • Mar 2008

Works like charme

The instructions have been improved and updated to reflect progress so far ... Please see

Code:
                              www.pughx2.com
                              Again many thanks to @Paul_ and @Ralphy for their invaluable expertise.

Hope it is of use to someone ...

NWJ
                              Hi ralphy, NWJ,
                              after testing again with a new display, everything works like a charme. NWJ's installation instruction is perfect and easy to use.

Name:	20170830_201440.jpg
Size:	10.9 KB
ID:	1563224

Thanks for your efforts
                              Stefan
                              Last edited by pille; 2017-08-30, 19:24. Reason: attachement

Comment

• gsp_steve
                                • Dec 2016

Don't Know - give it a go - you will only waste an hour of your time and you will add to our wealth of knowledge ...

NWJ
                                I have it already tried with a Raspberry Model B but it seems that it did'nt work. So i also rebuild it with a Raspberry 3.

Comment

Working...