Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast
    hi tobal2,

Looks like jivelite is not starting.

Refer back to the instructions for loading and/or starting jivelite.

Something is missing!

regards
    Greg

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Erskine View Post
    hi tobal2,

Looks like jivelite is not starting.

Refer back to the instructions for loading and/or starting jivelite.

Something is missing!

regards
    Greg
    Thanks.
    I am not sure whit this step:

using winSCP create a file jivelite.sh in /mnt/mmcblk0p2/tce/, MAKE SURE it is executable. Use the built in WinSCP editor and enter the following :

I am using winSCP to create the file, but I donĺt know how to be sure that it executable.
    Any hint?

I also note that if I connect a tv trough hdmi I can see the normal jivelite screen...

Anyway am going to do everything again.
    I will post results!!

Thanks again
    Last edited by tobal2; 2019-03-01 at 15:40.

jivelite.sh

Quote Originally Posted by tobal2 View Post
    Thanks.
    I am not sure whit this step:

using winSCP create a file jivelite.sh in /mnt/mmcblk0p2/tce/, MAKE SURE it is executable. Use the built in WinSCP editor and enter the following :

I am using winSCP to create the file, but I donĺt know how to be sure that it executable.
    Any hint?

I also note that if I connect a tv trough hdmi I can see the normal jivelite screen...

Anyway am going to do everything again.
    I will post results!!

Thanks again
    In winSCP, highlight the file, right click and choose properties, set all X (execute) to on.

One other trap for the unwary, make sure the file is in UNIX format (LF end of line) not MS format (CR LF) otherwise it will not be recognised. You can set the right format in Notepad++.

Good Luck,

NWJ

Quote Originally Posted by nowhinjing View Post
    In winSCP, highlight the file, right click and choose properties, set all X (execute) to on.

One other trap for the unwary, make sure the file is in UNIX format (LF end of line) not MS format (CR LF) otherwise it will not be recognised. You can set the right format in Notepad++.

Good Luck,

NWJ
    Perfect.
    I will try again tomorrow.

Thank you very much!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Perfect.
    I will try again tomorrow.

Thank you very much!!

Hi.
    I did a quick attemp yesterday, following your las advice, with no success.
    In this time I can see the Picoreplayer logo at booting, but after the logo the screen came back to the same previous state.
    I will do it again slowly in a couple of days.

Thanks
    CSL

... In this time I can see the Picoreplayer logo at booting, but after the logo the screen came back to the same previous state...
    This happens when the resolution of the default skin is bigger than the physical resolution of the display. If Jivelite was installed over the tweaks page, Joggler Skin or something is Standard Skin and Jivelite does not start on the 3.5 inch waveshare display. The extension "pcp-jivelite_default-wav35skin.tcz" sets the waveshare-skin to the default setting and jivelite starts properly. So you do not need to install jivelite, you just have to install "pcp-jivelite_default-wav35skin.tcz".
    I think you need to start with a clean install and run this instruction point by point.
    Last edited by piPlayer; 2019-03-05 at 03:07.

Quote Originally Posted by piPlayer View Post
    This happens when the resolution of the default skin is bigger than the physical resolution of the display. If Jivelite was installed over the tweaks page, Joggler Skin or something is Standard Skin and Jivelite does not start on the 3.5 inch waveshare display. The extension "pcp-jivelite_default-wav35skin.tcz" sets the waveshare-skin to the default setting and jivelite starts properly. So you do not need to install jivelite, you just have to install "pcp-jivelite_default-wav35skin.tcz".
    I think you need to start with a clean install and run this instruction point by point.
    Thanks.
    I think I install "pcp-jivelite_default-wav35skin.tcz", but I will follow the guide again step by step.

Thanks.

Jivelite exits after display selection

Hi,
    Trying to install several times PiCorePlayer 4.1.0+Jivelite on Pi 3B+ with Waveshare 3.5 TFT (clone), according to updated procedure pughx2 picore3.html
    => Each time Jivelite starts, but in a 'low-color' mode, and doesn't allow me to pass Display selection (or exits after other display selection).
    Touchscreen is calibrated and works OK.
    Boot text also displays in 'low-color' mode (mainly blueish, no yellow nor green text).

My bootlog (dmesg) is available here, I can't see what's wrong.
    https://pastebin.com/hAD8u2gJ
    Last edited by Ludopi; 2019-03-18 at 17:10. Reason: Add boot log (dmesg) for diagnostic

[SOLVED] 'Low color' problem : screen speed too high

Quote Originally Posted by Ludopi View Post
    Hi,
    Trying to install several times PiCorePlayer 4.1.0+Jivelite on Pi 3B+ with Waveshare 3.5 TFT (clone), according to updated procedure pughx2 picore3.html
    => Each time Jivelite starts, but in a 'low-color' mode, and doesn't allow me to pass Display selection (or exits after other display selection).
    Touchscreen is calibrated and works OK.
    Boot text also displays in 'low-color' mode (mainly blueish, no yellow nor green text).

My bootlog (dmesg) is available here, I can't see what's wrong.
    https://pastebin.com/hAD8u2gJ
    Answer to myself : all 'low color' problems were due to too high frequency in config.txt.
    => recommended value of screen=24000000 (pughx2/picore3 page) was too high for my waveshare 3.5" LCD clone.
    => lowering it to 20000000 did the trick for me.

Hope this helps others (I was getting mad).

SOLVED wrong colours with waveshare 3.5 B rev 2

Quote Originally Posted by Ludopi View Post
    Answer to myself : all 'low color' problems were due to too high frequency in config.txt.
    => recommended value of screen=24000000 (pughx2/picore3 page) was too high for my waveshare 3.5" LCD clone.
    => lowering it to 20000000 did the trick for me.

Hope this helps others (I was getting mad).
    For those who followed the instructions and STILL have problems with colors, this is how I solved it.

(I have a waveshare 3.5" (B) revision 2. THIS IS IMPORTANT: not only the "B", but the "revision 2". Check on the back of the screen, if it's revision 2 you see a "Rev 2" printed on the board)

- I followed http://www.pughx2.com/picore3.html . Works but colours still not quite there. Shut down and remove the SD card, plug it in your computer.

- from this site https://github.com/waveshare/LCD-show I downloaded the file waveshare35b-v2-overlay.dtb (AGAIN: make sure you don't download waveshare35b-overlay.dtb which works but still with wrong colours.)
    - save it on the SD card in the folder "overlays".
    - edit config.txt and replace dtoverlay=piscreen with dtoverlay=waveshare35b-v2-overlay . That is, same name of the file but without the extension.
    - save the file, put it back in the RPI and start it again. Now you should see all the right colours.